Options

Is Imogen Now Not Allowed To Go In?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 997
Forum Member
✭✭
I am aware that in the past if the press ever learned of, and published, a housemate, then they would be taken out of the show and replaced, surely; being that housemates aren't allowed to be identified before launch night?

Does anybody know whether Imogen will still be allowed in?

Meh, she doesn't appeal me to regardless; 'I want to be a TV presenter' types never grind well with me. People should treat Big Brother of what it is, a one off experience, damn it!

Comments

• Options
    .::boombastic::.::boombastic:: Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her parents have given interviews and i dont like the look/sound og her either.
    I hope she doesnt go in but she seems like Endemols favourite already * coughs MAKOSI*
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, she doesn't appeal me to regardless; 'I want to be a TV presenter' types never grind well with me. People should treat Big Brother of what it is, a one off experience, damn it!
    How do you know she won't treat it as a one-off experience as well?

For all we know, she'll be the most experience-appreciating HM ever.
  • Options
    12bigbrother1212bigbrother12 Posts: 4,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think she will be replaced
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think her parents should shut up and stop ruining her chances.

I think after all this extra publicity - maybe she shouldn't go in.
  • Options
    moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shellby wrote:
    i think her parents should shut up and stop ruining her chances.

I think after all this extra publicity - maybe she shouldn't go in.

Perhaps that is her plan. Look at the media coverage she's had over the past few days, I'd never heard of her before, but I have now. Maybe she never had any intention of actually entering the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moogester wrote:
    Perhaps that is her plan. Look at the media coverage she's had over the past few days, I'd never heard of her before, but I have now. Maybe she never had any intention of actually entering the house.

Maybe - but surely she would get much more exposure entering the house...a possible three months on TV as oppposed t this publicity now....

I just don't understand her parents talking to the press...so you might have a point. I just don't understand her parents at all :confused:
  • Options
    bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't Jade's appearance on BB3 also leaked (by herself, I hasten to add) but she went in regardless :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bom-jiggy wrote:
    Wasn't Jade's appearance on BB3 also leaked (by herself, I hasten to add) but she went in regardless :confused:

I remember that - but i don't think Jade leaked it herself. I think the papers just found out ,
  • Options
    moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shellby wrote:
    I remember that - but i don't think Jade leaked it herself. I think the papers just found out ,

She did it herself, she told her hairdresser :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moogester wrote:
    She did it herself, she told her hairdresser :rolleyes:

really? lol :rolleyes:

Her family never talked to the press beforehand though did they?
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    moogester wrote:

I must admit that had occurred to me too. If you think about it, anyone could do that. Have it 'leaked' that they're going in, get shedloads of publicity out of it then when they don't go in it's cos they were in the papers innit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "perhaps it's her plan" is a possibility, but it also means she can't win. :(

If she goes in BB, she'll face the usual.

If she doesn't, she'll still be dissed as a desperate plangirl. :(

Do we have to be so cynical already? We haven't even seen her on tv!

My view of the "parents" complaint is that people don't want her in the show, and "model" and "wannabee" will be used against her if nothing better comes along; but if something better does turn up, it'll be used instead.
  • Options
    BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    Most people who watch BB don't post or read forums before hand so won't know of her - and not everyone reads the sunday press - so she has as good a chance of going in as any 'leaked' hm has in the past .

And as for her folks - they're from LLanelli so would find it impossible to keep their big , thick , gobs shut ! Be warned - if she does go in she';; be like Charlotte Church only ten million times more irratating!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barbella wrote:
    Be warned - if she does go in she';; be like Charlotte Church only ten million times more irratating!

It'll be a nice change to have an 'irritating' woman for a change rather than the typical irritating men we get every year ;)
  • Options
    RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i want her to go in purely because i love the name Imogen. i think its good for a HM.
  • Options
    RiseholmeRiseholme Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope Imogen doesn't go in. I just don't like knowing anything about the HMs until I "meet" them on Launch Night
  • Options
    MRS LAWSONMRS LAWSON Posts: 16,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don.t think she'll go in now, we have had too much detail about her,
  • Options
    MavenMaven Posts: 1,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys don't know Imogen - but I do. She is ambitious, no doubt about that but definately not a bitchy model type. The last HM to go in with an official 'Miss' title was Orlaith and she got her jollies out for everyone to have a grope within a few days. Imogen is NOT like that.

You'll be surprised at how down-to-earth she is. Take it from someone who actually knows her, not as someone who has read supposed interviews.

And as for her parents speaking to the press, can anyone provide a link? I only ask because I've spoken to them and they say they have not spoken to the press in any official capacity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maven wrote:
    You guys don't know Imogen - but I do. She is ambitious, no doubt about that but definately not a bitchy model type. The last HM to go in with an official 'Miss' title was Orlaith and she got her jollies out for everyone to have a grope within a few days. Imogen is NOT like that.

You'll be surprised at how down-to-earth she is. Take it from someone who actually knows her, not as someone who has read supposed interviews.

And as for her parents speaking to the press, can anyone provide a link? I only ask because I've spoken to them and they say they have not spoken to the press in any official capacity.
    Her mum Janet Radford said last night: “She’s got an honours degree in health care and psychology. She’s really brainy.”

Speaking exclusively to TV Biz, Janet admitted she and Imogen’s stepdad Stuart were “shocked” to learn that the ex-Miss Wales was going on Big Brother 7. She said: “I knew something was up but Imogen doesn’t live in Wales now. She moved to London 18 months ago so we often don’t know what she’s up to. But she’s a fan of the show.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2006210038,00.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maven wrote:

Thanks, Maven.

Imogen sounds like she could make an excellent housemate, and I hope people will give her a chance if she happens to get in.

That "in any official capacity" will raise suspicions, though. I hope her parents really haven't said anything.

Anyway, the Sun article about her having a psychology degree quotes her parents but has them learning about Imogen being in BB from the paper, rather than the other way around:
    Speaking exclusively to TV Biz, Janet admitted she and Imogen’s stepdad Stuart were “shocked” to learn that the ex-Miss Wales was going on Big Brother 7. She said: “I knew something was up but Imogen doesn’t live in Wales now. She moved to London 18 months ago so we often don’t know what she’s up to. But she’s a fan of the show.”
  • Options
    OmahOmah Posts: 23,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any HM put up for eviction who is an aspiring model/beauty queen/presenter/singer will automatically attract 100 of my votes :mad:
  • Options
    MavenMaven Posts: 1,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote:
    Thanks, Maven.

Imogen sounds like she could make an excellent housemate, and I hope people will give her a chance if she happens to get in.

That "in any official capacity" will raise suspicions, though. I hope her parents really haven't said anything.

Anyway, the Sun article about her having a psychology degree quotes her parents but has them learning about Imogen being in BB from the paper, rather than the other way around:

They're not confirming she's part of BB though? I mean, it's taken as read that she is but her parents haven't confirmed anything to the press.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bom-jiggy wrote:
    Which, as I noted in my message before seeing yours, does not have her parents telling the paper that Imogen is going into BB. If anything, it's the other way around.

The "exclusive" claim does not mean much. Watch what happens when a HM is evicted. Quite a few paper will contrive to attach "exclusive" to their articles, even though only one has the interview.
  • Options
    JustinCredibleJustinCredible Posts: 19,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'll be allowed in but have to pretend she's someone else and use a different name, speak in a false accent and wear a wig.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maven wrote:
    They're not confirming she's part of BB though? I mean, it's taken as read that she is but her parents haven't confirmed anything to the press.

You asked for a link about her parents speaking to the press and I provided one. Whether or not they were confirming anything wasn't taken into consideration :cool: