Options

If Imogen is a HM, Do you think she will be evicted first?

.::boombastic::.::boombastic:: Posts: 1,645
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think that if Imogen does enter, because of all the publicity and her parents talking to papers she will be evicted as soon as she is nominated?
Do you?

Comments

• Options
    ftw774ftw774 Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I think that if Imogen does enter, because of all the publicity and her parents talking to papers she will be evicted as soon as she is nominated?
    Do you?

Yep, which is probably why she will not be in the house.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she'd be evicted as soon as up for eviction anyway.

Beautiful model = already hated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah i dont like her already -
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craigyboi wrote:
    yeah i dont like her already -

I think if her parents have talked to the press - then she shouldn't be in there- its a bit unfair to the others, and to Imogen actually because there is obviously going to be a bit of a backlash against her if her parents keep talking to the media..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote:
    I think she'd be evicted as soon as up for eviction anyway.

Beautiful model = already hated.

That's a bit of an unfair dig at female voters and viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shellby wrote:

In defence of Veri , he hasn't mentioned that it would be females who would hate her , the fact of the matter is that beautiful models are considered by BB viewers to be less entertaining , less intelligent , less worthy of being contestants etc. even before they enter the house - look at the threads about Imogen already for examples
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shellby wrote:
    It's a dig at female voters and viewers? :confused:

Just look at the complaints about Imogen in the forum. There's the one saying it's unfair or rule-breaking for her to go in; and then there are lots of complaints abour her being a model, a wannabee, ...

People are assuming they know what she'll be like just because she's a beauty queen model. Stereotype all the way. :(
  • Options
    moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've nothing against beautiful female model types, even those with huge false breasts. However I do not like HM's who treat their time in the BB house as an extended audition for their perceived future media career whether they are male or female beautiful or ugly (partly the reason I couldn't bear any of the BB6 HM's) :mad:
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Dangerman wrote:
    In defence of Veri , he hasn't mentioned that it would be females who would hate her , the fact of the matter is that beautiful models are considered by BB viewers to be less entertaining , less intelligent , less worthy of being contestants etc. even before they enter the house - look at the threads about Imogen already for examples

The implication was there. She's the one who's had the most publicity so far. There's also a thread about Shabaz.

Women have had the vote for almost a century now, to use as we see fit. Get over it guys :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moogester wrote:
    I've nothing against beautiful female model types, even those with huge false breasts. However I do not like HM's who treat their time in the BB house as an extended audition for their perceived future media career whether they are male or female (partly the reason I couldn't bear any of the BB6 HM's) :mad:
    Yes ... but we don't know she'll do this.

And even if the turns out to be an auditioner, she might still be among the best of the HMs selected.

I wonder - not about you! or anyone in partiaulr - but about the accumulating atmosphere - what are people afraid of?

If they're afraid the house might be full of wannabees, why pick on Imogen in particular?

Or is the "model" steroetype threatened by the possibility that she might disprove it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote:
    The implications was there.
    No it wasn't.

Now try accusing me of being a liar. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote:
    The implications was there. She's the one who's had the most publicity so far. There's also a thread about Shabaz.
    Which isn't full of people saying he should be kicked out but has those who have been acquainted with him ( including myself ) hoping that it's not the same person and a few hoping that he does get in - no one is quoting rules and saying he should be kicked out
    Women have had the vote for almost a century now, to use as we see fit. Get over it guys :D
    Women may have 'the vote' ( which is completely irrelevant to the subject ) but they also suffer more from double standards operated by voters ( whether male or female )
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote:
    No it wasn't.

Now try accusing me of being a liar. :p

Why would I want to do that? You have to admit that female voters come under frequent attack on here re motives for voting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote:

And even if the turns out to be an auditioner, she might still be among the best of the HMs selected.

I wonder - not about you! or anyone in partiaulr - but about the accumulating atmosphere - what are people afraid of?

If they're afraid the house might be full of wannabees, why pick on Imogen in particular?

Or is the "model" steroetype threatened by the possibility that she might disprove it?

the house WILLbe full of wannabes - but that's the point of the show. I don't mind wannabes in the house -I think you have to be a wannabe to get in there - those housemates who say they go in for the experience are rare, or not completely truthful. I don't have a problem with wannabes at all - i do have a problem with wannabes parents talking to the press before wannabe even enters the house though. It's not fair on all those contestents and their families who have adhered to the rules and kept quiet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote:
    Why would I want to do that? You have to admit that female voters come under frequent attack on here re motives for voting.

i have to agree with you - we do get panned alot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote:

If she does go into the house, I will be more than willing to give her a chance, but going on the likes of Orlaith and Sam, BB is notorious for casting the same types over and over again.

According to this report she is a down to earth girl, but it also says she has spent her savings on having her teeth fixed to be a TV presenter :(
  • Options
    Old Whore's DietOld Whore's Diet Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that I often feel initial dislike of the HMs on opening night which is irrational "fear" that they will just be a group of mismatched freaks but as time goes on that initial fear is usually assuaged.
    I just really don't want to see another Orlaith who (as physically beautiful on the exterior as she may have been) was in my opinion the most boring housemate I've ever seen . To her credit she was super shrewd and business canny and it was a superb spring board for her glamour career that was already fairly successful. As a spectator sport for me personally it was very boring and deadly dull.
    She lacked the machievellian streak and wit of other players like Makosi.
    That said, i'm happy as larry to reserve opinion for a month................ :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moogester wrote:
    If she does go into the house, I will be more than willing to give her a chance, but going on the likes of Orlaith and Sam, BB is notorious for casting the same types over and over again.

According to this report she is a down to earth girl, but it also says she has spent her savings on having her teeth fixed to be a TV presenter :(

my problem isn't with imogen - it's her parents talking to the press that annoys me.

If Imogen wants her teeth fixed for a TV job - then good luck to her - what's wrong with that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote:
    They do indeed.

However, we can treat such theories about why femal HMs are evicted, or about how hold certain "stereotypical" opinions come to be so common, as separate.

My comment above doesn't depend on such theories being correct, and I wasn't assuming or trying to imply that they were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moogester wrote:

I think teeth is the least objectionable cosmetic change, really. (At the risk of calling up anti-Americanism, I'll mention that American's have their teeth straightened as a matter of course. It doesn't imply an excess of vanity or wannabee-ness, IMO.)

I agree with you (and principessa) about Orlaith; but not about Sam. I don't think there's ever been anyone quite like Sam in BB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote:
    I think teeth is the least objectionable cosmetic change, really. (At the risk of calling up anti-Americanism, I'll mention that American's have their teeth straightened as a matter of course. It doesn't imply an excess of vanity or wannabee-ness, IMO.)

I agree with you (and principessa) about Orlaith; but not about Sam. I don't think there's ever been anyone quite like Sam in BB.

sam WAS odd :eek: And as you say -she was one on her own. The way she said bitch was quite extraordinary... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri]I think teeth is the least objectionable cosmetic change, really. (At the risk of calling up anti-Americanism, I'll mention that American's have their teeth straightened as a matter of course. It doesn't imply an excess of vanity or wannabee-ness, IMO
    Have you ever read Kurt Vonnegut's "Breakfast of champions" and the American teeth stuff? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever read Kurt Vonnegut's "Breakfast of champions" and the American teeth stuff? :)
    I read "Breakfast of champions" years ago.

(Some of Vonnegut's views are quite questionable, IMO. I don't remember what he said about teeth.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote:
    I read "Breakfast of champions" years ago.

(Some of Vonnegut's views are quite questionable, IMO. I don't remember what he said about teeth.)
    He had an amusing theory that the american penal system was full of inmates who had perfect american teeth due to a theory that it would aid their rehabilitation.
    I wasn't advocating his theories simply quoting something that linked in with your "teeth" remark :)
    And so it goes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I brought up the teeth as an example of how she is desperate to be a TV interviewer. You would think by now potential BB HM's would have learned if there reason for entering the house is a prolonged career, then it's not gonna happen any more.