Options

I've got the McPheever! Katharine to WIN!

gargleroadsidegargleroadside Posts: 4,581
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Following on from the dramatic result of the Elvis theme week it now looks like the next American Idol will be Katharine McPhee. Neither Elliott or Taylor 'look right' so it looks like Kat's got it in the bag. Do you agree with this? Do you care anymore?

PS. 'Katharine' spells her name with an 'a' in the middle of it rather than an 'e' and 'Elliott' has two 'l's and 't's.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    Following on from the dramatic result of the Elvis theme week it now looks like the next American Idol will be Katharine McPhee. Neither Elliott or Taylor 'look right' so it looks like Kat's got it in the bag. Do you agree with this? Do you care anymore?

PS. 'Katharine' spells her name with an 'a' in the middle of it rather than an 'e' and 'Elliott' has two 'l's and 't's

Are you for real?! :D

Katharine McPhee may look like the winner to you, but I`m sure there are plenty of others out there who don`t think she does "looks right!" :D

She`s lucky to have gotten this far. For the last two weeks she has smiled and screached her way through her songs, has forgotten the lyrics, and has been off-key several times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree, she has been lucky the last few weeks. I think America will vote on looks. Another bra busting, dress ripping, crotch flashing performance (see here) might put her in the final. From there, it could go either way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    She's the bomb - she gets better and better

I want her to win too!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Taylor looks OK and sounds OK

Elliot, I agree looks like a gnome or Bo Selecta!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,244
    Forum Member
    I would say because Taylor and Elliot don't fit the mould it more favours thses 2, besides Kat has been putting in some ropey performances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well she wasn't top two this week so it's hardly a given that she'll make the finale, let alone win it. And as for looking "right", did Reuben??

As to whether I care, yes and no. I care that they are each given the best opportunity to shine and that there is no blatant manipulation to achieve a particular outcome. I care about Taylor making the final because I always want to see him on my screen on a Friday night. I'm not especially bothered who actually wins because they've all had the chance to make their mark. It'll be up to them to capitalise on the exposure they've had.
  • Options
    skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    geraniums wrote:
    Are you for real?! :D

Katharine McPhee may look like the winner to you, but I`m sure there are plenty of others out there who don`t think she does "looks right!" :D

She`s lucky to have gotten this far. For the last two weeks she has smiled and screached her way through her songs, has forgotten the lyrics, and has been off-key several times.

Geraniums, I can't resist in posting this!!! :D
    I have a funny feeling you're about to scream! (I should hear you from here.... ;) )

SPOILER: DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW SIMON'S JUDGES CHOICE FOR KATHARINE TO SING ON TUESDAY!
    IT IS BEING REPORTED THAT....
    IT IS 'OVER THE RAINBOW'

Just thought I'd let you know..... ;)

Steph
  • Options
    lorne.tlorne.t Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm over the moon at that choice!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skf1 wrote:
    CHOICE FOR KATHARINE TO SING ON TUESDAY!
    IT IS 'OVER THE RAINBOW'

Well it worked pretty well
    in this year's X Factor!
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And for Rowetta in the first series.
  • Options
    markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good song choice :) Seems like it's a lucky choice...
  • Options
    skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    markmc2k5 wrote:
    Sounds like a good song choice :) Seems like it's a lucky choice...

I totally agree.
    I have Shayne album and I have the live mp3..If Katheraine pulls it off...... :)
    77amy77 wrote:
    :rolleyes:

??? I am a Kat fan!

Steph
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only seen snippets of her online, and just from those, she reeks of parental pressure. She might be able to hit all the notes, but she always seems to bask a little too much in the attention - she smiles because she loves being...adored, I supposed, not because she enjoys singing. And that seems to be what most people don't like about her.
    I've known girls who have similar personalities, and it's quite offputting. Like they feel that they have no value other than in their ability to...in this case sing and look good. If they can't, or if they're not praised for it, then they have no self-esteem.

I don't know though, she still might be better than the others :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    skf1 wrote:
    Geraniums, I can't resist in posting this!!! :D
    I have a funny feeling you're about to scream! (I should hear you from here.... ;) )

SPOILER: DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW SIMON'S JUDGES CHOICE FOR KATHARINE TO SING ON TUESDAY!
    IT IS 'OVER THE RAINBOW'

Just thought I'd let you know..... ;)

Steph

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :eek:

Bloomin` heck. She`ll be smirking and smiling her way through the entire song. Probably sing out of tune in a few places and forget the lyrics. :rolleyes: :D;)
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    I've only seen snippets of her online, and just from those, she reeks of parental pressure. She might be able to hit all the notes, but she always seems to bask a little too much in the attention - she smiles because she loves being...adored, I supposed, not because she enjoys singing. And that seems to be what most people don't like about her.
    I've known girls who have similar personalities, and it's quite offputting. Like they feel that they have no value other than in their ability to...in this case sing and look good. If they can't, or if they're not praised for it, then they have no self-esteem.

I don't know though, she still might be better than the others :)
    I think you summed up my own feelings there - for me there is always something a bit mechanical about her performances though I grant she has a good voice. I thought Simon's comments were spot on last week - I am actually quite surprised she made it through as she was easily, for me, the worst on the night ...
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    galena wrote:
    I am actually quite surprised she made it through as she was easily, for me, the worst on the night ...

Why did Kat go through, and Chris go out? On the night, and for the first time, Kat was able to come across as a little bit dirty. As opposed to the untouchable android exterior typified by Charrie Underwood. Meanwhile, Chris dropped into by the numbers mode, and somehow disconnected with the audience. No passion = no place in the final three.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skf1 wrote:
    SIMON'S JUDGES CHOICE FOR KATHARINE TO SING ON TUESDAY!
    IT IS 'OVER THE RAINBOW'
    I've watched the show already and she performed it very well.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd much rather her win than bloody Taylor. He just gets on my wick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS. 'Katharine' spells her name with an 'a' in the middle of it rather than an 'e'

You mean the proper spelling as in St Katharine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will do well regardless of the result.
  • Options
    m@rkm@rk Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you must know who won, its everywhere
  • Options
    m@rkm@rk Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im just trying out the spolier thang
  • Options
    sHaKsHaK Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Result Spoiler Below:
    Doesn't matter how her name is spelt now, its a name not in people's minds right now as she lost, lost, lost. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but she's still fit, fit, fit.
  • Options
    sHaKsHaK Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, lol, lol