Options

Team Shirts

batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,
I just have one complaint, well I say complaint, what I mean is a question. Is there a team in this World Cup that have a shirt that is all one colour? By that I mean no stripes, anything else. All the teams that I remember wearing one colour, now either have stripes of another or wear a difinate mixture of two colours.

Just wondering if anyone could be of some help that's all.

Adam

:confused::confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    The Dutch - apart from the numbering which is in black and their badge I think everything else is Oranje.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holland Home - All Orange
    Brazil Away - All Blue
  • Options
    spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which teams do you remember wearing just one colour?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brazil were to my memory a team who wore a yellow shirt, now they have to have some tacky green bits (it is not Norwich City-no disrepect to any Norwich fans on here).

Germany (or West Germany) surley just had a white shirt not one with all those black stripes on it.

France, I could have sworn that they used to wear all blue, now they have some red in their tops.

England, didn't we used to wear a straight foward white shirt, just like the Germans? Now we have to have a bit of red on the shoulders.

I take what chib and umpa lumpa are saying, and say yes they are correct for those two.

But I just thought it was strange that was all. I know that with all this fangled Marketing malarky that they are either trying to reach a new target audience or are just rying to out do each other.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expect it's related to shirt sales..........a monocolour shirt by definition will be pretty much identical year in, year out. With flashes of colour it's easier to change the design slightly each year and sell 'new shirts'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brazil always had green trim. Some teams may have at one point worn just a plain one colour shirt, but it's hardly traditional.

Germany would have black trim, and the most famous Dutch shirt has the 3-stripe adidas trim (minus 1 for Cruyff)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah well maybe it was just my memory playing tricks on me then. Marketing pah! Bring back the simpler old days I say, when a t-shirt was a proper man's t-shirt!
  • Options
    micramicra Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which teams do you remember wearing just one colour?
    The Dutch are playing in orange shirts White Shorts and blue socks...............I think.
  • Options
    micramicra Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Germany would have black trim, and the most famous Dutch shirt has the 3-stripe adidas trim (minus 1 for Cruyff)
    I actually liked the Dutch one from Euro 88. :o (The one with the white 'splats' all over it.)
    That and the fantastic West German shirt from Euro 88 and Italia 90.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know the logic behind teams having a shirt that is essentially white(with a few distinguishing features).

Surely only a man would come up with this.

The pitch is dirty, the ball (becomes ) dirty,
    the other team push them over.

It just seems silly to stick them in a white shirt.
    You just know it will end in tears

Obviously designed by someone who doesn't do the washing in their house!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    micra wrote:
    I actually liked the Dutch one from Euro 88. :o (The one with the white 'splats' all over it.)
    That and the fantastic West German shirt from Euro 88 and Italia 90.

Ah, the old 'magic eye' designs. There was also Denmark's pinstripe efforts in 1986, where looking at it for more than 10 seconds would give you a headache.
  • Options
    gargleroadsidegargleroadside Posts: 4,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of Googling and clicking pulled up this site: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk

It shows the history of kits designs and styles for many teams in the Football League. The site is brand new and the owner is asking for help, contributions and/or corrections. If you can help please contact him.

It's well worth checking out, it might bring back a few memories too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a pretty good site, many thanks for that gargleroadside I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of Googling and clicking pulled up this site: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk

It shows the history of kits designs and styles for many teams in the Football League. The site is brand new and the owner is asking for help, contributions and/or corrections. If you can help please contact him.

It's well worth checking out, it might bring back a few memories too.

Great site :)