Does anyone know how to fix an Ipod?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there everyone, I'm sorry to trouble you with this problem in this forum but I thought if anyone could help me it would be in here.

I installed the Software from an Ipod 'shuffle' into my PC, I bought my partner a Nano Ipod, this would not work with the 'shuffle' software so I downloaded the 'Nano' software.
Then I downloaded the music from the PC onto my 'Nano' the Nano was working well.
I charged up the 'Shuffle' from the PC. As it was charging info came on the screen saying did I want the more up-to-date Ipod software, I clicked yes and it downloaded fine.

Later I go to charge up my Nano, it charged but ended up with a white screen with and error e-mail detail. The PC once again asked it I needed new Ipod software, I tried to download this but it still has the error on the screen.

My question is can I reset the Nano to factory settings so I can re-install the original software from (is so how?) or have you got anyidea how I can get rid of the message

Here's hoping someone can help

Cheers

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm not sure if this will work, but being a fellow Shuffle owner I am aware that if you go into Start > Programs > iPod there should be something called 'iPod Updater'. If you open that application there is a button you press to reset the iPod to the factory default. I'm not 100% sure if this will allow you to revert back to the software that was originally on it, but I would think it should do.

I do apologise if this doesn't work - but let me know how you go on :)
  • pwwpww Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've got two ways to reset the nano

1. Toggle the lock switch on the top of the nano on and off and then press menu and select simultaneously until the apple logo comes up on the screen, the nano will then reboot. With this method your music will remain intact.

If this doesn't work,

2. Download the latest updater from,

http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/

plug the nano in and install the updater, this will reset the nano to factory conditions and you will need to put your music back on.

Let us know how you get on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for that info. I'll give it a go. I'll let you know how it goes.