Options

England v Trinidad and Tobago 5pm Itv

JustmadeitJustmadeit Posts: 7,512
Forum Member
once again really looking forward to watching england again, and the possibility of seeing 20 minutes or so of rooney. but also i feel its slightly risky, imagine if he came on and got a knock to the same foot as before :eek:

hope sven is gonna try lennon and walcott too if we are winning by a decent margin

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its abit early but common Trinidad and Tobago. I would love it if you won.
  • Options
    JustmadeitJustmadeit Posts: 7,512
    Forum Member
    umpa lumpa wrote:
    Its abit early but common Trinidad and Tobago. I would love it if you won.

im just starting the pre match buildup, but its itv so expect a lot of ads :D
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that this match will be a lot harder then many people imagine. I predict either a draw or only a one goal margin victory for England.

T&T will be up for this game far more so then their opening game, and although they have a suspension for one of their players, I just think that they will try thier hearts out, while the England team will once agian turn up expecting a victory and be blaze about the whole occassion, and will be shocked by how much fight the opposition are putting up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stin74 wrote:

ITV's build up started yesterday during all of the matches they showed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    umpa lumpa wrote:
    ITV's build up started yesterday during all of the matches they showed.

Very true. I have wrote to OFCOM about the lack of coverage on featured games.

As for England v Trini, I go 1-0 England.

It'll be another borefest.
  • Options
    BluenileBluenile Posts: 11,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It forecast to be about 29 degrees C, so pretty much as hot as the last game.

If we're not ahead by the 2nd half it could get vety difficult indeed as T&T will probably cope better with the heat.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    England players will be wetting themsevles, knowing that on any given day they could be as awful as they were against Northern Ireland.

If today is one of those days, they'll find it tough, possibly go behind, at which point Sven panics and brings on Rooney, who goes at it like a bull in a china shop, and wins a vital corner. Beckham delivers perfectly, but in the rush of bodies, someone stands on wonderboy's foot... they think it's all over, it is now. :(

Alternately, the team could actually turn up, play to their ability, and bang in 5 goals. That should wipe the grin of Dwight Yorke's face. :p
  • Options
    Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    Come on Trinidad and Tobago. Stuff it up em!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least it looks like Eriksson's starting with Carragher and not Hargreaves. I really hope Hargreaves stays on the bench and he brings on Carrack and Walcott 2nd half.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the game is getting closer and closer, I can see T&T pulling off an upset, I just think that the England team are already looking for excuses, and if they don't play well, and let the heat affect them, then T&T could very easily score.
    Since we don't score at all in the second half, T&T could very easily just put up a barrier for the first half and then strike in the second half and then we would be in the mire as we wouldn't be able to respond. And if he brings on Walcott it will be an act of despiration to say the least the child is still just potty training compared to the central defenders that he will be playing against. His tricks will be no match for their positional sense.

He should also only bring Rooney on for the last 10 mins MAX and I mean MAX that is just so that he can get a runout and get the press off of his back (or should that be foot?). Then he should not play at all v Sweeden, as that is too much of a risk as they have the players that will seek to injure him permently. Then there is enough time to get ready for the second round V Ecuador or Cost Rica.
  • Options
    freak_girlfreak_girl Posts: 1,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's going to be interested to see the t and t line up to see if they use hislop in goal again
  • Options
    rhythmbanditrhythmbandit Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Trinidad & Tobago shock England. I reckon they're over-confident the England team.

2-1 to T&T
  • Options
    Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    England to show them what its all about - 4-0
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stin74 wrote:

pre match buildup = get completely p|shed out of your nuts? :D;)
  • Options
    spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    England ought to win healthily - but then the same applied to Sweden.

My ideal score would be a 3 or 4-1. John Terry in on the goals to make me some cash, and Stern John for the consolation, because he's Stern John.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just spotted this on the BBC website.

Master world cup tactician Graham Taylor gives his ideas for the T&T game. :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/england/5076916.stm

Also, download your own Peter Crouch mask

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/get_involved/4466770.stm

Nice to know the licence fee is being well spent. :p
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear not that Clyde guy .. talking about Rooney non-stop & 'one night in Barca' .. ITV are awful!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miles_T wrote:
    England to show them what its all about - 4-0

Is that a goal a piece for each T+T defender as England cannot score a goal.

If Rooney plays I imagine that the whole of the T+T team will try and wipe him out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you all take Beckham for granted .. he is your match winner. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Trinidad & Tobago shock England. I reckon they're over-confident the England team.

2-1 to T&T
    i agree, england think they will sail through the match with 4 goals. Lets hope T&T kick there a$$ :cool:
  • Options
    Simon1984Simon1984 Posts: 5,792
    Forum Member
    Don't care what they did to Sweden, we should beat them convincingly. Although we have to start strongly and nick an early goal because that's when we'll be at our strongest before the heat kicks in. I predict a comfortable 3-0 victory for England and hopefully a cameo appearance from Rooney.
  • Options
    lordoftheflieslordoftheflies Posts: 7,879
    Forum Member
    T & T won't win, of that I'm pretty sure.

If they are really lucky they might get a draw, but in all likelihood, England will win.
  • Options
    spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    umpa lumpa wrote:
    Is that a goal a piece for each T+T defender as England cannot score a goal.

If we're going to use the first game as our absolute; surely neither can T+T?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    I think England should get a comfortable two nil win. If Sweden and Paraguay draw England win the group with a day to go (if England do win of course).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that since we are incapable of scoring in the second half of games, this game is going to be much closer then many people have been forcasting.