Teletext resetting box

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
Forum Member
I have a Sagem ITD62. When I look at Teletext on ITV and Channel 4, the box will reset after a few minutes, sometimes even if I'm not changing pages. Occasionally the text will just lock up instead.

This has been happening for some time but it goes in phases - a few weeks ago it was working perfectly. I should start keeping track of dates when it works and when it doesn't.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I have segem box as well the same thing happens. you are not alone.
  • digispecdigispec Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before I even read your post, I guessed that you were going to say that you had a Sagem box.

I've had the exact same problems on two seperate Sagem boxes.

In fact one of them even occasionally resets simply on changing channel.

Unfortunately, it seems to be a common problem with Sagem DTT boxes.
  • aho10aho10 Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I also have a sagem which also resets, also when changing channels like said. I find my box resets around channels 301 to 305.
    If this is a common problem cant Sagem send out a software update to fix it?
  • digispecdigispec Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aho10 wrote:

I totally agree.

But it seems to me that Sagem's approach is simply to keep making newer models of boxes, cheaper to manufacture, smaller, lighter, with lower power consumption and (hopefully) less bugs, and maybe more features than the previous generation of boxes.

And as for the people (like myself) who have purchased their older models - based on the lack of software updates (to my knowledge) they probably have dropped support for them. I guess there's no profit in it.

I hope I'm proved wrong though, and it would be nice if an update did happen. But, my main box is not a Sagem anymore, so I'm personally not too bothered.

Everything changes so quickly nowadays though. Going from cutting-edge to obsolete seems to take mere months now rather than years.

On the plus side though, at least entry-level new boxes are down to £25 quid, or around twice that for an excellent one.
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    I have been having the same problem with my sagem ITD68 box. Is there a software update available or one i n the near future?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    it's happens to my ITD58G but i've used teletext before and i never had this problem till now. it also happens on the BBC multiscreens :-(.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    jack42 wrote:
    it's happens to my ITD58G but i've used teletext before and i never had this problem till now. it also happens on the BBC multiscreens :-(.

just had a look on the Sagem website they say they know about the problem and are working on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digispec wrote:
    I totally agree.

But it seems to me that Sagem's approach is simply to keep making newer models of boxes, cheaper to manufacture, smaller, lighter, with lower power consumption and (hopefully) less bugs, and maybe more features than the previous generation of boxes.

And as for the people (like myself) who have purchased their older models - based on the lack of software updates (to my knowledge) they probably have dropped support for them. I guess there's no profit in it.

I hope I'm proved wrong though, and it would be nice if an update did happen. But, my main box is not a Sagem anymore, so I'm personally not too bothered.

Everything changes so quickly nowadays though. Going from cutting-edge to obsolete seems to take mere months now rather than years.

On the plus side though, at least entry-level new boxes are down to £25 quid, or around twice that for an excellent one.

Can I suggest that the "sale of Goods" act may be appropriate here.

Until manufacturers start receiving back their products that are no longer fit for purpose will they understand that they have to supply and then support their products if they are to succeed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an update for the Sagems currently running until 9am tomorrow:
    ITD58, 60, 61, 62 & 64 with prod ID 70 01{/quote]Source: http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl

is this a fix for this problem?
  • heidthebaheidtheba Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrfreeview wrote:
    Can I suggest that the "sale of Goods" act may be appropriate here.

Until manufacturers start receiving back their products that are no longer fit for purpose will they understand that they have to supply and then support their products if they are to succeed.

A wee bit strong is that not?
    You wrote your post on a bug ridden machine which if you gave it back you would never have a pc as they are all ''faulty''.
    It would be fairer to say that once consumers start paying a decent price for their goods they would get good quality kit and standards would rise.

What would anyone be willing to pay for a good freebox?????????

I would go to maybe £150 for a box without pvr if it had good software support and a decent r/c.
    If you pay £25 for a box imho it should not be covered by the sale of goods act as you are buying the tat that you deserve.
  • mpmc17mpmc17 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aho10 wrote:
    I also have a sagem which also resets, also when changing channels like said. I find my box resets around channels 301 to 305.

You'll find its switching from 301 to 303 ;)

I have the same thing..

EDIT: The update fixes the problem, box runs a bit faster too..!

Lets hope they've updated Mheg...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heidtheba wrote:
    A wee bit strong is that not?
    You wrote your post on a bug ridden machine which if you gave it back you would never have a pc as they are all ''faulty''.
    It would be fairer to say that once consumers start paying a decent price for their goods they would get good quality kit and standards would rise.

What would anyone be willing to pay for a good freebox?????????

I would go to maybe £150 for a box without pvr if it had good software support and a decent r/c.
    If you pay £25 for a box imho it should not be covered by the sale of goods act as you are buying the tat that you deserve.

A wee bit strong perhaps but it may be your only avenue to strike back after buying defective goods that the manufacturer can't be bothered to fix.

As for a decent price to pay: the NOKIA 221T was one of the most expensive STBs on the market when produced (£120+) and NOKIA have done the dirty on people who purchased it by refusing to resolve the bugs within their software which as a result causes it to intermittently lock up.

As for a resonable price to pay for a PVR I paid Euro169 for the Technisat Digicorder T1 with 80G/b HD and it works all the time, everytime, without lockups or the like.

I am happy with my technisat purchase, at a reasonable price, for what has been to date a good quality product.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    ITD58, 60, 61, 62 & 64 with prod ID 70 01{/quote]Source: http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl

is this a fix for this problem?

The only updates I can see running at the moment are for the PVRs although there's one listed for the ITD66 which starts on the 1st. Hopefully that's going to cover all the ITD models (including mine :p )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeDaMo wrote:

The only updates I can see running at the moment are for the PVRs although there's one listed for the ITD66 which starts on the 1st. Hopefully that's going to cover all the ITD models (including mine :p )
    the reason you can't see any updates now (as I mentioned above) is because the webpage was updated today (as can be seen from the date at the bottom) and last weeks updates, which ended at 9am this morning, have been removed in favour of this weeks and next weeks updates.

If you want further evidence that there were updates for the Sagems, someone else created a thread here :p: http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=407358
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    My ITD58G locks up on teletext and resets - only started recently, and has reset after about a minute on any channel 4 channel with subtitles on..... Received the update the other day and no damn fix on it.
    Forum Member
    the reason you can't see any updates now (as I mentioned above) is because the webpage was updated today (as can be seen from the date at the bottom) and last weeks updates, which ended at 9am this morning, have been removed in favour of this weeks and next weeks updates.

If you want further evidence that there were updates for the Sagems, someone else created a thread here :p: http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=407358

Damn! I don't see how I could have missed it, my box is on every day.
  • mpmc17mpmc17 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeDaMo wrote:
    Damn! I don't see how I could have missed it, my box is on every day.

Check the site for the repeated OAD, Turn off your box then turn it on again... It should give you the OAD message..
    Forum Member
    mpmc17 wrote:
    Check the site for the repeated OAD, Turn off your box then turn it on again... It should give you the OAD message..

My box is started from cold at least once a day, if there was an update available, I should have seen it. Bleh! :mad: I'll just have to hope for a repeat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Trust me to buy two of them.

I would buy another one but I like the analog channel out for going around the house on the 62.

Can somone please post the sagem website so I can look and moan to them.

Thank you.
    Forum Member
    The latest update is supposed to be transmitted again today but my box still isn't receiving it. Do updates always go out across the whole network or does it vary by transmitter?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myjess wrote:
    Trust me to buy two of them.

I would buy another one but I like the analog channel out for going around the house on the 62.

Can somone please post the sagem website so I can look and moan to them.

Thank you.
    Welcome to DS :)

Here is the Sagem website: http://www.sagem.com/index.php?id=445&L=0
    Forum Member
    Just after midnight I turned the box off and on again and it deigned to recognise the update (I'd already tried this earlier in the day). It still doesn't fix the Teletext resetting problem though - maybe next time :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine does this too.

It could fill up the memory on older boxes...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    I managed to get a new software download for my ITD58G a few days ago after the box kept turning off and on i decided to reset the box to factory settings during which it scanned for channels after which it announced on screen that there was new software available to download, the download took about 10 minuites then switched back on
    Application : ITD60-23 1.3.00 [061711943]
    new download ID: d00

Hasnt stopped any off the problems with the box lately tho
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    When I phoned Sagem, they said that the fix was not ready in time for the recent download (to fix interactive services). They promised a fix soon.

See the main Teletext thread: The problem is not just affecting Sagems: I'd blaim Teletext and the people who run Freeview as a "hobby"!

As usual, I asked Sagem to please add this problem to the FAQs on their web site.