Options

Remote codes for Sony Bravia

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
Forum Member
Has anyone managed to get any of their Sky HD remote to work with a Sony Bravia LCD KDL-V40A12U? Or indeed any other Bravia

I've tried the 0000 code listed in the book and also the additional ones listed on screen and none seem to work properly. Anyone managed to get it to work and if so any idea which Code you used?

[Not strictly an HD question, but thought this was the best place to ask the question given its an HD Ready TV and the remote is an HD remote]

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0000 normally works for all Sony sets. How did you enter the code?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is possible I messed up but I tried it twice (following instructions in Sky HD guide). Might try it again tonight when I get home..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The correct sequence is press tv, press and hold select and red until the led flashes twice,press tv, press 0000, press select. If you have the three digit code for your specific model, miss out the second press of tv.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I've got a Sony KDL-W40A12U Bravia. When the remote is set up for the Sony TV should it be able to switch the TV directly to the HDMI input? Currently I have to use the Sky remote to turn the HD box on and then Sony remote to flick through the AVs to get to HDMI to see the picture. The Sky installers said it could be done but they don't know how! - any ideas? :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I have the KDL-W40 and as far as I know it isn't possible to go directly to HDMI. You can use the TV button followed by the Help button to go to the next input (just like using the next input button on the original Sony remote). I've now bought a Harmony 885 Remote (from Logitech) which you can program to operate all your AV equipment. That does have a database of codes which allow the Harmony remote to activate the HDMI input with one button (the InputVideo5 command), but I'm not sure if the code information is published anywhere or if the Sky Remote could be programmed to issue it if it was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I have the Sony KDL32S2010.

Try 981.

Regards.

marigold. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Another Sony Bravia 40V here. Will be getting HD installed on Friday 23rd. Has anybody got their £100 cashback from Sky on the HD and Sony Bravia sales deal?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the quick replies - much appreciated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    umgal wrote:
    Another Sony Bravia 40V here. Will be getting HD installed on Friday 23rd. Has anybody got their £100 cashback from Sky on the HD and Sony Bravia sales deal?

Just wait..picture quality on HD is stunning....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marigold wrote:

Try 981.

Regards.

thanks - will do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nessoh wrote:
    I've got a Sony KDL-W40A12U Bravia. When the remote is set up for the Sony TV should it be able to switch the TV directly to the HDMI input? Currently I have to use the Sky remote to turn the HD box on and then Sony remote to flick through the AVs to get to HDMI to see the picture. The Sky installers said it could be done but they don't know how! - any ideas? :cry:

No. Hdmi does not have the ability to autoswitch like scart does which is a shame. Ive have heard rumours though that it does but no tv set actaully uses the ability let.
  • Options
    james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marigold wrote:

Try 981.

Regards.

I have this TV , and look forward to HD being installed on 1st July.

May I ask, is the HD picture good on this TV , and what settings do you find suits the TV better. HDMI , Auto, 1080 etc

Regards James
  • Options
    aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Hdmi does not have the ability to autoswitch like scart does which is a shame. Ive have heard rumours though that it does but no tv set actaully uses the ability let.

My Panasonic TX32 LXD500 autoswitches HDMI. It's an option in the setup :)

Steve
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emmm thats cool aerofly2 is it only when you turn the sky on though or does it always work when you press TV then sky on the remote?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    nessoh wrote:

Yes, you can access HDMI as follows:
    1 Press TV
    2 Press HELP

voilla

3 Dont forget to select SKY again

Incidentally, is it possible to shift the picture to the right? Ever since having HD installed the 4:3 pictures have a wider black band on the left than on the right. Cant find anyway of doing it in the menu.............
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I have this TV , and look forward to HD being installed on 1st July.

May I ask, is the HD picture good on this TV , and what settings do you find suits the TV better. HDMI , Auto, 1080 etc

Regards James

I don't think that there's a lot in it, but the installer left in on 720p, and it probably is slightly better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Once your Sky Hd remote is set to operate your Tv correctly press Tv, Select and Help, Help (wait a couple of secs and see which Av appears on the screen - if correct press Select, if not press Help again and wait again. There are 18 different Av macros).

Once you have sorted the correct code and pressed Select to store it, do the following: Press Tv, Select and Green, Help, Select.

When you press Sky, Tv Guide, Box Office, Services, or Interactive the Tv will automatically switch to your Hdmi Av channel.

The Bravia's correct Av is about the 3rd or 4th macro.

Elliott.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    That works! Thanks...finally, one less remote.
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,942
    Forum Member
    Once your Sky Hd remote is set to operate your Tv correctly press Tv, Select and Help, Help (wait a couple of secs and see which Av appears on the screen - if correct press Select, if not press Help again and wait again. There are 18 different Av macros).

Once you have sorted the correct code and pressed Select to store it, do the following: Press Tv, Select and Green, Help, Select.

When you press Sky, Tv Guide, Box Office, Services, or Interactive the Tv will automatically switch to your Hdmi Av channel.

Elliott.
    Doesn't work on my LG 37LC2 TV! :mad:
    All that happens if I press "help" any number of times is that the input selection menu pops up, with the current source highlighted, and I still have to then manually scroll to the one I want.
    Anyone found a way with an LG set? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Yeah - get a Sony! (sorry that wasn't very helpful was it?)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    umgal wrote:
    I haven't yet but I haven't sent the thing off or had it installed for that matter !

It's being installed start of July.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,588
    Forum Member

Elliott.

Hi Elliott,

Just tried it on a Bravia, works great :D

How did you manage to find this out?.

BTW, if you're interested, it appears to be just sending two Sony commands, the first is a direct AVI select code to the TV - the device code is 01 (normal for TV), and the command codes are:

AV1 - 064
    AV2 - 065
    AV3 - 066
    AV4 - 071
    AV5 - 072
    AV6 - 073

Depending which AV you need (AV6 was HDMI on the KDL-S40A12U I was using).

These commands aren't available from the normal Sony remotes, only sequential AV access is (which is 01-037).

The second instruction is 12-016, the device ID (12) is usually a code for "Effect's", no idea what the command is for?.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Guys, does this mean that everytime you press TV guide, a signal will be sent to the TV causing any potential 'pauses' on the TV screen? Sounds great and I'm keen, but would not like to do something that's irreversible. Thanks and much appreciated.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,588
    Forum Member
    ean36t wrote:
    Guys, does this mean that everytime you press TV guide, a signal will be sent to the TV causing any potential 'pauses' on the TV screen? Sounds great and I'm keen, but would not like to do something that's irreversible. Thanks and much appreciated.

You don't even notice it, it's perfectly normal - the original Sky remote do the same as well. It's also reversible as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Thanks Nigel. What's the instruction for 'reversing' it to the default setting? Thanks!