Options

16 Yellow Cards - 4 Red Cards!

the_radio_kidthe_radio_kid Posts: 1,213
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does this mean that nearly all of Portugal are on Yellow Cards and 2 will not play - so they will be down to 9 men when they play England?

Comments

• Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Does this mean that nearly all of Portugal are on Yellow Cards and 2 will not play - so they will be down to 9 men when they play England?

No, it only happens during their current game. The players who were sent off won't play against England and instead will be replaced making it 11 players for the next game.
  • Options
    freak_girlfreak_girl Posts: 1,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how many of the portugal team were booked
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hetal wrote:
    No, it only happens during their current game. The players who were sent off won't play against England and instead will be replaced making it 11 players for the next game.

Are the Yellow Card Bookings Brought over?
  • Options
    GoldenEye007GoldenEye007 Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LMFAO! Im sorry, i just had to laugh, were you questioning whether Portugal would be made to start with 9 men against England?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMFAO! Im sorry, i just had to laugh, were you questioning whether Portugal would be made to start with 9 men against England?

Yes! :):):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, all players start with a clean slate in the knockout stages....2 bookings mean you miss the next game.
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    freak_girl wrote:
    how many of the portugal team were booked

Nine were booked.

Yes but it won't make an affect on the England game because they'll still be able to stay on during the match if the players who are booked only get one yellow card although they'll miss the next match if they get through to the semi final.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hell of a match, wonder what the odds were on that number of bookings and sendings off before the game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently there were 20 yellow cards in the group stages this WC.
    The record amount of yellows in any previous WC was 23!

I think this WC has outdone itself in the record books already!
  • Options
    freak_girlfreak_girl Posts: 1,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9 of team booked thats stupid if they get through to the semis they might not have any players
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,842
    Forum Member
    I can only assume before the game someone said to the ref to encourage him 'at least you can't be as bad as Poll' and he mistook it as a challenge.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I think you should write in to FIFA with that suggestion.........tomorrow morning, first thing........... :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great opportunity missed by Mr. 'Valentin Ivanov' Ref... He should've got his cards sponsored by some snazzy company or other and got something out of it while he was at it... :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deco is out against England. That's not too bad.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As should Mr Figo, if he plays it will be a disgrace!!!! You just cannot go around headbutting players. If FIFA don't do something then this will prove how much they just love the so called "Star" players. Also did Figo get some acting lessons off of Rivaldo?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As should Mr Figo, if he plays it will be a disgrace!!!! You just cannot go around headbutting players. If FIFA don't do something then this will prove how much they just love the so called "Star" players. Also did Figo get some acting lessons off of Rivaldo?

He got a yellow card, he cannot get any other punishment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unusually lucky you english are... :confused: Could this be the one WC where all excuses/incidents run your way... ? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a joke, that really is. Why cannot they (FIFA-those corrupt cowards) actually do something positive for once, and ban players for headbutting opposition players?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ash132 wrote:
    I can only assume before the game someone said to the ref to encourage him 'at least you can't be as bad as Poll' and he mistook it as a challenge.

To eb fair many of those cards were fair and justified, the amounts of Fights on the pitch was unbeleivable, and the fouling too, it was a dirty game!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a joke, that really is. Why cannot they (FIFA-those corrupt cowards) actually do something positive for once, and ban players for headbutting opposition players?

It wasn't really a headbutt, was it?
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jalabert wrote:

Yes. Van Bommel may have made a meal of it, but that isn't the point!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jalabert wrote:

May I ask what you would class as a headbutt?? In my version it is when a person moves their head back, and brings it forward deliberatley aiming to make contact with another persons head. To me this is what Mr Figo did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assault rifle against Argentinia.. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think what Figo did was that bad. Van Bommel's reaction was way over the top.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Each player should wear a candle and the game is decided by heatseaking missile ... Red Card for anyone blowing their candle out .. all to the tune of candle in the wind.. :)