Doctor Who: Doomsday pre-air discussion 8th July 2006

KrisHaywardKrisHayward Posts: 4,537
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

The Official Site has been updated, Cool Dalek and Cyberman Front Page ! :cool:

and there will be teaser clips at 12pm every day :)

Here is Mondays Teaser.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/mediawrapper/consoles/drwhonew/nb_rm_console.shtml?nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1

Comments

• SinnermanSinnerman Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    I so hope Davros comes back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

The Official Site has been updated, Cool Dalek and Cyberman Front Page ! :cool:

and there will be teaser clips at 12pm every day :)

Here is Mondays Teaser.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/mediawrapper/consoles/drwhonew/nb_rm_console.shtml?nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1
    If you click on the Daleks on the main page you can make them fire their blasters. :D
    Forum Member
    DenWatts wrote:
    If you click on the Daleks on the main page you can make them fire their blasters. :D

Better than
    sex
    ! (For people who have yet to have it. ;)
  • KrisHaywardKrisHayward Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "As two mighty armies clash, the Doctor realises that saving the Earth might mean the death of Rose Tyler"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episodes/2006/doomsday.shtml
    Forum Member
    Sinnerman wrote:
    Better than
    sex
    ! (For people who have yet to have it. ;)
    Isn't that getting just a tiny bit carried away? ;)
    Forum Member
    DenWatts wrote:
    Isn't that getting just a tiny bit carried away? ;)

Just going with the flow. By the way tomorrow is
    tuesday
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is also a trailer for Sunday
  • SamsterSamster Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Has anyone seen the clip earlier where....

[spolier]...the cybermen go to the daleks to discuss a joint take-over?[/spoiler]
    Forum Member
    Samster wrote:
    Has anyone seen the clip earlier where....

[spolier]...the cybermen go to the daleks to discuss a joint take-over?[/spoiler]
    The daily teasers for the final episode are online if anyone has missed them:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/mediawrapper/consoles/drwhonew/bb_rm_console.shtml?pack1-13b_16x9
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,056
    Forum Member
    The Daleks look really cool. I'm glad to see the Black Dalek isn't from the old series - it is one of the new Daleks in black.

The Cybermen look pretty cool too. I am looking forward to seeing the battle - although I think the Daleks will clean up.

I always wondered if the original Cybermen ever met/battled the Daleks - and whether these new Cybermen will be aware of the Daleks (in other words, if there were Daleks in the alt.Earth universe too!).

The big 7 questions for me are:
    1. Obviously, what's in the Genesis arc/ark?
    2. do these Daleks come from the Time War or did they survive last year's battle?
    3. If they come from last year's story, will they remember what Rose (Bad Wolf) did?
    4. why is Mickey acting so strangely? surely its not just his time fighting the cybermen on alt-Earth?
    5. what will Jackie say when she sees Pete again?
    6. does Captain Jack reappear (I can't help but think there will be just too much going on)
    7. how does Rose leave?
    All very exciting!!
  • SladenSladen Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    RTD's track record shows that he doesn't go too far back when he says "an old enemy". Remember, that was the Slitheen he was talking about...

I think that also applies to how far back in time he will go when relating old events to new ones. So even the Time War is probably going too far back in time as a solution for what is inside the Genesis Ark.

More likely it has to do with the Dalek Emperor that got deleted from time and space or whatever...

So maybe this is some sort of safety mechanism that it deployed during its 100 year reign on Earth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly on their homepage, if you hover the cursor over the Cybermen (except the leader) they say "Evict". Surely their catchphrase is "Delete"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote:
    The big 7 questions for me are:

[*]do these Daleks come from the Time War or did they survive last year's battle?
    I think they may be from last year's battle - uber-Rose wiped the Daleks from time and space. Maybe she just banished them to the void, which is the same thing?
  • EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T Penery wrote:
    Interestingly on their homepage, if you hover the cursor over the Cybermen (except the leader) they say "Evict". Surely their catchphrase is "Delete"?

Maybe they've turned to Landlords...

"You - have - not - paid - your - rent. EVICT - EVICT - EVICT!"
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote:
    why is Mickey acting so strangely? surely its not just his time fighting the cybermen on alt-Earth?
    Well, he did start to change dring the Cybus cybermen battles, presumably he has now become a battle-hardened freedom fighter after many battles chasing the rest of the cybermen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Right then - here's my tuppence worth! (which I've also posted in the thread titled Roses' Death)

Doomsday is plainly and simply a case of the Cybermen looking to take over our Earth as they passed through a 'doorway' which was inadvertantly opened by Torchwood, because they were trying to use the energy to find out the secret of the Void ship that the Daleks were hiding in.

As the doorway opened to let the army of ghosts fully appear as Cybermen, the amount of energy generated stimulaled the void ship into opening up... lo and behold The Daleks appear.

Now then, they have their own agenda - to retrieve the Genesis Arc, which is held in Torchwood, because as they say, "If it's alien - it's ours!" (I'm sure we'll find out what's in it on Saturday.)
    Obviously, the Daleks weren't expecting to find all these Cybermen around, so that creates a war between them both.
    Also, to rain on the daleks parade even further - will be the unexpected presence of The Doctor and Rose.

How they stop everything remains to be seen - don't forget, Captain Jack will appear in this Saturday's episode... and it will still end on a cliff hanger for the Christmas episode.

As for Roses' death - No, sorry. She'll end up on alternate Earth with Micky, her mum and Alternate Dad. Maybe she has to go there to help seal the doorway between the alternate Earth and our Earth afterwhich there will be no going back.

Her life with the Doctor will be over, despite her wishes to be travelling with him "forever" which we saw in AoG, she'll regard it as though she may as well have died.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    Did the Cybermen already have the Genesis Ark or did they nick it off the Daleks

And why haven't the Cybermen deleted The Doctor, I would have thought after their last encounter the last thing they would want would be a live Doctor - or is this the usual "bad guys behaving stupidly"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Did the Cybermen already have the Genesis Ark or did they nick it off the Daleks

Read my last post - It points out that The Genesis Arc was already in the possesion of Torchwood
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And why haven't the Cybermen deleted The Doctor, I would have thought after their last encounter the last thing they would want would be a live Doctor - or is this the usual "bad guys behaving stupidly"
    Don't be silly... the baddies must always explain the plot at length to the Doctor, giving him time to find a way to defeat them. They never learn. Why the cybermen didn't just cut him up immediately in Army of Ghosts is inexplicable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    Read my last post - It points out that The Genesis Arc was already in the possesion of Torchwood
    I thought your posting was supposition rather than factual.

Perhaps the Ark is hidden in the Mummy case - will we see the Daleks saying "Are you my Mummy?"
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,056
    Forum Member
    Interesting that the Genesis Arc/Ark is all ready on Earth with Torchwood. I thought the Daleks had brought it with them. It does sort of look like a Dalek - but maybe its an old Time Lord weapon. The McCoy years were filled with old Time Lord weapons ("The Hand of Omega" in Remembrance of the Daleks and the living statue in Silver Nemesis).

As for Rose - remember when she was Bad Wolf, she said something like 'I create myself'. I wonder if there is a link between that and the fact that there is no Rose Tyler on alt.Earth.

Maybe Rose didn't create Bad Wolf - maybe Bad Wolf created Rose, an event that is specific only to Rose's Earth, which is why she doesn't exist in the other universe.

If so, maybe Rose is the key to defeating them all again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In your opinion. :p

If you go back and watch a bit more carefully, the Arc is behind the daleks as they come out of the void sphere.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote:
    Interesting that the Genesis Arc/Ark is all ready on Earth with Torchwood. I thought the Daleks had brought it with them.
    Maybe they did - the photo shows it in the same secure room as the Sphere (note the background wall), so it may very well have come out of the Sphere itself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: wow do you guys look into stuff with depth lol!! my lordy lordy lordy lol :D
    i reckon whoever said about rose going to alternate earth is the best bet because i'm sure i heard somewhere about her mking an appearance maybe she'll do a sarah jane but of course she'll be in an alternate universe of course we do thow that the doctor will save the day he always does but it's jut the wait to see how he does it that kills me and even though i know he'll get out of theb situation i can't help thinking what if he doesn't :eek: lol
    i didn't really watch the old old series but i reckon that maybe the 'ghosts' of the cybermen will do what the dalecks did last year. Remeber rose was shot by a dalek and even though we all thought she might be dead turned out she was on board the dalecks ship so maybe the cybermen will just return to the alternative world but like someone already said rose (and mickey) will need to close the whole or whatever.

i know i know the theorys probably ridiculous but nm! just my opinion! :D:D

some one said about the ark or whatever being a weapon of the drs maybe it was and the doctor ent it to himslef or gave it to the dalecks under false pretenses or something!! lol now that is crazy :D:D
    Forum Member
    :eek: wow do you guys look into stuff with depth lol!! my lordy lordy lordy lol :D
    i reckon whoever said about rose going to alternate earth is the best bet because i'm sure i heard somewhere about her mking an appearance maybe she'll do a sarah jane but of course she'll be in an alternate universe of course we do thow that the doctor will save the day he always does but it's jut the wait to see how he does it that kills me and even though i know he'll get out of theb situation i can't help thinking what if he doesn't :eek: lol
    i didn't really watch the old old series but i reckon that maybe the 'ghosts' of the cybermen will do what the dalecks did last year. Remeber rose was shot by a dalek and even though we all thought she might be dead turned out she was on board the dalecks ship so maybe the cybermen will just return to the alternative world but like someone already said rose (and mickey) will need to close the whole or whatever.

i know i know the theorys probably ridiculous but nm! just my opinion! :D:D

some one said about the ark or whatever being a weapon of the drs maybe it was and the doctor ent it to himslef or gave it to the dalecks under false pretenses or something!! lol now that is crazy :D:D
    The theories are what help to make it fun. :)