Options

Love Island vs Big Brother ratings thread

gargleroadsidegargleroadside Posts: 4,581
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Will Love Island make a dent in Big Brother's ratings or will it flop? Will ITV1 give it the elbow if its ratings drop below a certain level? Do Big Brother have new plans and ideas ready to fend of Love Island if it does well?

Can someone post the Love Island vs Big Brother ratings here please as and when they are available?

Let battle commence!

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any viewing figures available yet?
  • Options
    KrisHaywardKrisHayward Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2100 Love Island - 3.160 Million
    2100 Big Brother - 4.618 Million
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also: 2100 Only Fools on Horses 4.100 million

Poor Love Island.
  • Options
    GarethHarrisonGarethHarrison Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beaten by 'Only Fools On Horses'... didn't see that coming!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry needed to happen.
    i wont lie im mostly on the forums for Big brother but over there we just got these figures.
    itv apparently said they spend 20 million pounds of this show,we all know Big brother has its flaws but the disgrace of these people this year is just an insult to the viewers,maybe would have been better for ITV to make it a proper joe public show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    I watched Big Brother and then turned over to give Love Island a 'chance'. What a crock of S***!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV try and kill off Big brother every year, It just ain't going to happen :D I am SO pleased.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Yeah me too!! ITV1 do drama well so they should stick to that...(although I do love X factor!).
  • Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great stuff serves ITV right! Itv have thrown everything at BB this year and yet its getting its best ever ratings! :D Hilarious!
  • Options
    HellBoyHellBoy Posts: 5,354
    Forum Member
    its a bit early yet, last year Love Island steadily had better ratings and some nights even beat Big Brother. If Nikki is evicted this week from Big Brother, I expect Ratings to go down and Love Island to over-take by a small amount.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant believe ITV put Love Island on head to head with BB. Everyone who watches BB is familiar with it and enjoy watching Nikki's tantrums - and they wouldnt want to miss a show.

Hopefully tonight Love island will fare better as they arent in direct competition (apart from Lost on channel 4).

I personally recorded Love Island last night and watched it after BB.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote:
    I cant believe ITV put Love Island on head to head with BB. Everyone who watches BB is familiar with it and enjoy watching Nikki's tantrums - and they wouldnt want to miss a show.

Hopefully tonight Love island will fare better as they arent in direct competition (apart from Lost on channel 4).

to be honest I was a huge BB fan and watched every programme and the live streaming until this year - I don't know why but I just haven't been able to get into BB at all this year - but Love Island had me laughing straight away - especially Shayne with his there's a time & place for sharing a bed with a women and it not here & kelle's shock and Brendan going commado
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote:

I'm actually boycotting BB now as I cant stand to watch Nikkis tantrums anymore. I'll go back when she's evicted! :p
  • Options
    Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    I'm actually boycotting BB! :p

join the club. BB is rubbish this year. they had the chance to spice it up with the new people but they're as dull as ditch water. It's like BB4 all over again. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Love Island isn't against Big Brother - From tonight its a 10pm show so people should stop slating it for that reason and give it a go. I thought last night was great as did my flatmate who HATES reality TV. Its early days yet, everyone gives BB a chance to build so lets see what happens....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annie71 wrote:
    Love Island isn't against Big Brother - From tonight [Tuesday] it's a 10pm show, so people should stop slating it for that reason and give it a go.
    I've just checked a TV guide and Wednesday to Friday's editions of Love Island and Big Brother are both on at 10pm. So they are up against each other.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    But thats Big Brother changing its time - Not Love island....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annie71 wrote:
    But that's Big Brother changing its time - Not Love Island....
    But why would Big Brother want to do that?
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annie71 wrote:
    But thats Big Brother changing its time - Not Love island....
    From now on they only clash on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Wednesdays and Thursdays Big Brothers have been moved to 10pm by Channel 4 for The F Word and to help Sugar Rush.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But why would Big Brother want to do that?
    Well, for the reasons above, but also it is better for Channel 4 if they go head-to head. That way Love Island cant soak up their viewers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    centrino04 wrote:
    From now on they [Love Island and Big Brother] only clash on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
    For the nights when the two shows don't clash, (eg. Big Brother on at 9pm, Love Island at 10pm) are ITV hoping/assuming that Big Brother viewers will automatically change channels in droves and watch Love Island straight afterwards?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the nights when the two shows don't clash, (eg. Big Brother on at 9pm, Love Island at 10pm) are ITV hoping/assuming that Big Brother viewers will automatically change channels in droves and watch Love Island straight afterwards?
    I dont think thats why it's on at 10pm, but obviously they will be hoping that happens.

I dont think they trust the show enough to give it a 9pm slot after what happened last year.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB has been on at 10pm on Wednesdays for several weeks, this week is the first week where it will be on at 10pm Thursday though.

Shocking ratings for LI, ITV will be worried. Down more than 2 million on last years launch, despite more money being spent. Big Brother drew more than double that for its launch. BB's ratings only drop that far on Saturdays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Am I correct in thinking that last year they started the show half an hour before BB started? This meant that people had a chance to watch, not want to switch over and stay with LI?

Personally I'm find this years BB to be a little repetative, especially Nikki's tantrums. 'I like Aishlene. I don't like Aishlene, I like her, I hate her' Ugh someone smack her!

Love Island all the way!

x Claire x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Misread question