Options

will anyone watch jane hall tonight 9pm itv

Comments

• Options
    BringBackThamesBringBackThames Posts: 3,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aeneas wrote:
    Vernon from Coronation Street is horrible in it.
    Funnily enough, he's 'orrible in Corrie too..... :eek:
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But what will ITV do if (when ;) ) this show is hit?? It might be difficult for them to film a 2nd series, much as they'd like to. :( Sarah Smart will (presumably) be in the 2nd series of Funland, the bus driver guy is now in Corrie and GT might be busy doing other things.... This could be quite a poser for ITV to resolve.....

[ QUOTE]

As I said earlier,my brother was involved behind the scenes (and on the side of Sarah's bus) :)

He spoke to the producer a few days ago and they have got the original cast signed for a second series if ITV greenlight this. Other committments might interfere but they are all basically up for it.

I heard that ITV wanted to move this onto ITV 2 about a year ago but those involved apparently refused as they had made and contracted it for ITV 1. So thats why it has been put on hold longer still y a presumably miffed ITV.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I watched it for the first time the other night and enjoyed it. She is a good actress but the character is so plain (with freezy hair and glasses) that I found it hard to believe that TWO men would be so madly in love with her!! The bus station people are a riot and barking mad. Gillian whatever her name, ex EastEnders and Footballer Wives is great as the shall we say, wandering wife!! The cast looks good and promising if the storylines keep coming it will be a good series. I think it all goes down to the writing and so many shows start of brilliantly and then weaken each week on the storyline.
  • Options
    BringBackThamesBringBackThames Posts: 3,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It did get 4.1 last week, but unfortunately it went down this week, only 3.4 million according to MediaGuardian.
    That's a little disappointing. :( Not surprising mind. This crazy summer heat wave is sending the ratings all over the shop. :( Maybe it will pick up a bit towards the end of the series....

I really do hope they do a 2nd series. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I love it, its well cool. I loved sarah smart as virginnia braithwaite and she's great in this aswell
  • Options
    sarah_2277sarah_2277 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does anyone know if they repeat this. I missed the second episode?

Thanks
  • Options
    kingoftvkingoftv Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember tonight 9pm.
    If there is a second series it will be put on itv3 about 2/3 month before the new series would air
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can always up sticks and move to a different company (like most of the drivers around here!)I still do! ;):D

Lot older now, and even more bad habits. I do not drive a coach any more, but am learning to drive diesel railway engines instead. No steering them you see :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bus station people are a riot and barking mad.

They always are in real life too. There is a lot of truth in Jane Hall. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You learn alot from JAne Hall
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IS anyone gonna watch it?
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    damn ..... almost forgot it was on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed it earlier, wot happened?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if this is repeated?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldbod wrote:
    [ I ] am learning to drive diesel railway engines instead. No steering them you see :D:D
    ...and no heavy cash bags, faulty ticket machines, lumpy gearboxes, road works/closures, unattainable running times, faulty destination displays that show either something different to what you think it says or nothing at all, or whinging passengers that never read them when they do!

It's a great life on the buses, unfortunately I haven't found it yet!
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was beaten by BBC1 and Channel 4 last night, but it was up a bit on last week.
  • Options
    DeneDene Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I loved AHwtB and Sarah Smart in it but I can kind of see why this sat on the shelf for so long.

Jane Hall herself is far too hesitant a character and with her being the lead than makes the programme itself seem somewhat unsure of itself.

There's far too much hesitant stammering being passed off as 'characterisation' on TV shows and movies nowadays, and it makes for rather frustrating viewing.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do have a feeling though that ITV being the silly fools they are will show it until episode 3, decide it isnt doing too well and replace it with TV's Naughtiest Blunders 137 or Hippos From Hell!!

Surely not I heard they had Celebrity Nose Picking lined up to fill the gap if the viewing figures are not good enough.

I watched it last night , and it was ok, nothing special but ok viewing. But as has been seen viewing figures do not mean a programme is safe anymore , after all they have axed Rosemary and Thyme and ITV admitted that had excellent figures , but basically it cost them more than they want to spend to make it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkey Tennis?
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I watched last week and will look at it again. I find the character a bit unbelievable as she is so mousy and plain I cannot believe two men have been fighting over her. She seems a bit of a mess in an irritating kind of way, not like Brigid Jones who you wanted to succeed in life and you were fighting on her side. Jane does not inspire the same reaction. I sort of wanted to slap her a bit!!! Sorry!!
  • Options
    sheffieldersheffielder Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to disagree with Dancing Girl, she's not mousey and plain in my opinion, I fancy the pants off her!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she has the potential too look attractive but at the moment she comes out as a kinda geek.
    The boy with glasses is a geek and I also think Richard is a bit.
  • Options
    marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aeneas wrote:
    I haven't yet seen the second episode but this was really cool. At the end you had a nice warming feeling. It just seemed like real life, and a nice mix of personalities. Vernon from Coronation Street is horrible in it. It seems really strange for ITV to be showing this kind of thing. I only worry because Stephen Mangan, Gillian Taylforth, and the boy from Doctor Who would surely be too busy to film another series? Shame.

Boy? He is 31 ffs :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying this quirky comedy series. Very well cast, and always a pleasure to watch Ann Mitchell, who was fabulous in The Widows from many moons ago.

Love Sarah Smart, I really think she shines in this but I can't help but think of Darlene in Roseanne whenever I look at her. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Ann Mitchell in the program?