Options

Aol broadband silver users look here

2»

Comments

• Options
    DickibobboyDickibobboy Posts: 2,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how would i go about getting a free wireless router i am on aol and am 14months into my contract
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how would i go about getting a free wireless router i am on aol and am 14months into my contract

i think the offer applies to new customers only, but ring them upb you never know, im a previous aol broadband customer, signed up online today to silver said its £14.99 but when got email said will be paying £9.99 so im happy, free wireless router to i might add.

one question, does it really take that long 14 days?because been used to broadband now having to use dialup for while kills me o and what type of router isit anyone
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well still haven't received terms and conditions, if someone else does then please let me know. I went to Live Help yesterday and they said it will becoming shortly.
  • Options
    Happy_ChappyHappy_Chappy Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ASHIRAF wrote:
    i think the offer applies to new customers only, but ring them upb you never know, im a previous aol broadband customer, signed up online today to silver said its £14.99 but when got email said will be paying £9.99 so im happy, free wireless router to i might add.

£14.99 and free router applies to new and existing customers

£9.99 is the price if you do not want a router and is also available to new and exisiting customers
  • Options
    Happy_ChappyHappy_Chappy Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magicmover wrote:
    Well still haven't received terms and conditions, if someone else does then please let me know. I went to Live Help yesterday and they said it will becoming shortly.

i got my terms and conditions on the same day as the confirmaton email which was also the same day I rang them to change
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine within 10 mins of the phone call :)
  • Options
    aybrave101aybrave101 Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys,

I just contacted AOL live help.
    I'm currently on AOL GOLD at £24.99 a month.

I asked how when my 12m contract expired. I was told june 2007, which i thought was strange as i signed up on april 2005.

I got no joy and called cancellations.

Very nice irish bloke.

I am now on AOl gold..£19.99 plut free wirless router.

i was told by aol live that because i moved house my contract started from scratch.

The telephine call guy told me this was not true and helped me out greatly.

Worth a go guys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finally received my terms and conditions yesterday evening. Just to let other's know who haven't signed up that you have to accept the terms and conditions of the master screen name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Same here, I was on AOL Platium @ 29.99 a month, called AOL and they put me back onto AOL Gold @ 19.99 a month, bargain!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect all this is to do with the pending buyout of AOL and a potential exodus of customers.

I've just been on the phone to AOL as I moved a month ago and I'm still waiting for them to set up my broadband.

Despite them being useless in connecting it so far all they seemed interested in was trying to get me on a new package which would involve another 12 months minimum. No thanks just give me the package I've been paying for and not recieved for a month or somebody else will be getting a 12 month contract to provide me with broadband :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I thought because of this 12 month thing I thought AOL UK maybe not be selling for a year or two.
  • Options
    PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I phoned up tonight and they told me 9.99 was for dialup users onlt and the best package they could give me was 14.99 with a router. But I already have a router so i don't want it. I'm going to phone up in a few nights again and see if I can get the deal.
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PowerJC wrote:
    I phoned up tonight and they told me 9.99 was for dialup users onlt and the best package they could give me was 14.99 with a router. But I already have a router so i don't want it. I'm going to phone up in a few nights again and see if I can get the deal.

don`t believe all that crap, i got the deal last month and now on broadband silver for £9.99 a month with a modem.

:)