Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Works fine here, thanks for posting :)

i was hoping for mid septemeber though :(
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't it have been easier just to include the information in the first place?
    ABC began its two days of presentations today with a Q&A with Stephen McPherson, the President of ABC Entertainment. At the same time, ABC released its schedule for the premiere dates for this fall, which featured a very notable programming decision: Lost will return on October 4th, at which point it will begin a six-week run of new episodes with no repeats. However, on November 15th, the Taye Diggs series Day Break will take over Lost's timeslot and begin its entire 13-episode first season, which will air without repeats. When Day Break concludes, Lost will return in early February, airing the remainder of its season with no repeats or breaks. McPherson said this decision was based on the frequent fan complaints about repeats interrupting the story flow on Lost, saying, "We listened to the audience about repeats, and it seemed this was the best way." Asked about the rather long break for Lost, while Day Break airs, McPherson said they did consider simply holding all of Lost until the spring, as 24 does, but felt it would be too long off the air for the incredibly popular show. McPherson said it was possible they might decide to air 7 episodes of Lost rather then 6, before Day Break takes its place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote:
    Wouldn't it have been easier just to include the information in the first place?

Yes easier, but I always like to support the site and people who find and publish this information. They make a small amount from advertising and I for think they should be rewarded with a hit or 2 to their site. It encourages them to continue to do the site.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well at least we only have to cope with one long break. Prison Break did this so i'm sure it will work for Lost. At least they are listening to fans and doing something about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lululamb wrote:
    well at least we only have to cope with one long break. Prison Break did this so i'm sure it will work for Lost. At least they are listening to fans and doing something about it.

Yes that's my thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Sheba's collarSheba's collar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another mid season break!! Why? Imagine if that happened over here,and Eastenders ran for seven weeks and then took a three month break..?

Actually a good idea...except make it a three year break!! :D
  • Options
    mdmamdma Posts: 20,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wonder if this will mean the uk will be almost in sync come Feb?? Will C4 start do a January start, and so by episode 6, the US will have started the second "set"?
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another mid season break!! Why? Imagine if that happened over here,and Eastenders ran for seven weeks and then took a three month break..?

All UK soaps run all year round, The US runs 22-24 episode runs of shows Sept-May (40 weeks), no show runs without a break or re-runs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote:
    All UK soaps run all year round, The US runs 22-24 episode runs of shows Sept-May (40 weeks), no show runs without a break or re-runs

not quite true - 24 runs continuously from january without a break or re-runs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well this worked well with prison break, and as long as there are no repeats, i dont mind the break in the middle, it will give them a chance to end it on a cliff hanger :)
  • Options
    RuokasiRuokasi Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think that it's a good idea as constant breaks just get annoying.. Although, pitting it against American Idol - is that the most intelligent thing to do? If ratings dropped by 20%, wouldn't a clever idea be to change the scheduling slightly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Easterenders is not a Series link Lost/Prison Break etc, it is a soap.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    flub wrote:
    Yes easier, but I always like to support the site and people who find and publish this information.
    That is commendable and to be applauded. However, accepted netiquette practise is to quote a summary / synopsis of the article and give a link to the whole thing. That is being fair not only to the 3rd party site but also helps the reader to decide if they are interested enough to bother following the link.

Edit: On further reflection, I think your thread title serves as an adequate summary in this case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote:
    That is commendable and to be applauded. However, accepted netiquette practise is to quote a summary / synopsis of the article and give a link to the whole thing. That is being fair not only to the 3rd party site but also helps the reader to decide if they are interested enough to bother following the link.

Edit: On further reflection, I think your thread title serves as an adequate summary in this case.

Thanks gomezz I'll try to remember that in the future. Cheers.