Forum Member
DNN has gone from MXR Yorkshire.

LBC has just started testing at 17:01 apparently it's starting in September

Comments

• Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LBC has appeared in MXR North West as well.
  • Options
    Rob_OnlineRob_Online Posts: 2,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On MXR West & Wales as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    This is great news, can't wait for LBC to launch fully in September!

Also i wonder why DNN closed?
  • Options
    mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,439
    Forum Member
    So has Heart/Choice/Arrow stopped taking the news now? Also, is it going to be LBC 97.3 or will it be a special regional version for each region? does anyone know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mogzyboy wrote:
    So has Heart/Choice/Arrow stopped taking the news now?

I presume DNN will continue as a news provider to the non-simulcast services on the MXR muxs.
    Also, is it going to be LBC 97.3 or will it be a special regional version for each region? does anyone know?
    Award winning London radio station LBC is to broadcast to the regions by venturing onto the DAB digital network.

The station, which won the breakfast show and live event awards at this year's Sony Radio Awards, will broadcast to a potential 17m listeners nationwide.

Managing Director of LBC 97.3 FM, David Lloyd, said: "We've always had an impressive response to the personalities on LBC programmes from outside London, so it's perfect to be able to deliver our distinctive 24 hour conversation more readily now to so many new regions on DAB."

LBC's programmes which are currently heard in London on FM, and DAB digital radio, will also be broadcast on DAB to the North West, West Midlands, Yorkshire, the North East, South Wales and the West, from the beginning of September.

Lloyd said that the regional service will simulcast the range of entertainment programmes from the London service, including presenters such as Nick Ferrari and Iain Lee but will be tailored with regional news and information.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope that they increase the bitrate to 64kbps! I think there's enough capacity on the MXR Wales/West multiplex
  • Options
    mw1mw1 Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LBC is now on MXR West Midlands too, is this the proper version of it broadcasting on 97.3 FM in London?
    Currently have Paul Ross on
  • Options
    BluenileBluenile Posts: 11,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superb news. At last an alternative to talkSH***
  • Options
    JamSirJamSir Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently test transmissions, with full launch in September.

The DNN news bulletins will continue as normal on the other stations such as The Arrow and Real Radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why tests? Why not just put the London station out for now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluenile wrote:
    Superb news. At last an alternative to talkSH***

talkSHPORT?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    no mention of the DNN name in the 6:00 news bulletin for Heart Digital in Wales!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Not suprised DNN has gone it consisted of a fifteen year old reading two stories then big gaps and repeated promos.
    What are LBC going to broadcast? Are they going to have local i e Welsh news? XFM have started in south Wales but their news and adverts are as broadcast to London.
    Ofcom wants a boot up its .... When are Welsh stations going to be broadcast on Dab across Wales?
  • Options
    discoandrewdiscoandrew Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    LBC Now testing on MXR North-East on the old DNN slot.

Never really got into DNN so won't miss it much now that it's gone - I prefer IRN for my radio news on the hour anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's going to be the London programming (I think) with news/travel for the specific area i.e. north-west/east, yorks, wm and South Wales/west! should be fun!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    882am wrote:
    What are LBC going to broadcast? Are they going to have local i e Welsh news? XFM have started in south Wales but their news and adverts are as broadcast to London.
    Ofcom wants a boot up its .... When are Welsh stations going to be broadcast on Dab across Wales?

Pembrokeshire/Carmarthenshire & Wrexham/Chester are on the list to be advertised within the next year. They would have liked to include North & West Wales in the next year but these frequencies are not yet available because of Band III analogue TV in Eire, so it's not entirely Ofcom's fault. :)

As for LBC, I understand that it will be the London station but with local opt-outs for news & other info such as travel. In South Wales I think this will be supplied by the Real Radio newsroom in Morganstown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So the local news and weather for the rest of the regions would be:

North-East - 100-102 Century FM (or Galaxy possibly).
    North-West - 100.4 Smooth FM.
    West Mids - 100.7 Heart FM.
    Yorkshire - Real Radio.

Nice!
  • Options
    vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,362
    Forum Member
    mogzyboy wrote:
    More likely to be 105.4 Century FM.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    well on my dab digital radio
    i can not find lbc i can pick upcapital life that is irn just liked planet rock and core and this station prime time name still show s as well i do hope that lbc will broadcast on dab digital one network as well from now on inand get rid of this name prime time station because it is not broadcasting at all as you do know. i do live in the forest of dean as well.
  • Options
    Rob_OnlineRob_Online Posts: 2,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well on my dab digital radio
    i can not find lbc i can pick upcapital life that is irn just liked planet rock and core and this station prime time name still show s as well i do hope that lbc will broadcast on dab digital one network as well from now on inand get rid of this name prime time station because it is not broadcasting at all as you do know. i do live in the forest of dean as well.

I think it would cost LBC far too much to go onto Digital 1.
    And primetime has been removed, maybe you need to reset your radio to remove any stations which dont broadcast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mogzyboy wrote:
    So the local news and weather for the rest of the regions would be:

North-East - 100-102 Century FM (or Galaxy possibly).
    West Mids - 100.7 Heart FM.
    Yorkshire - Real Radio.

Nice!

The news in the North East is supplied by Century while the North West mux gets news sourced from the GCap News team in Manchester (Century/Xfm Manc/Cap Gold Manc)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Well listened to some of their promo extracts sort of stuff that was on Virgin with estrangeded lovers etc in the evenings a couple of years ago. Actually very funny and quite good radio.Some overlaps with bits of talksport perhaps.If it carrys local news and some local programming a definate addition to radio in Wales.Got to be better than DNN which was a waste of space.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mw1 wrote:
    LBC is now on MXR West Midlands too

...and it sounds awful,just like DNN did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds OK on MXR North West.
  • Options
    radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member
    GRR :mad: 48kbps on MXR West Midlands. They better increase the bitrate or i will NOT be pleased. Oh well at least soon i can listen to Marcus Churchil i hope. We don't know yet if it will be 97.3 or 1152. I'm not sure what i prefer. rolling news or presenters like marcus churchil with hopefully Adrian Allen returning eventually. They may regionalise it which would be good