✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone watching this?

The parents in it are a disgrace.

Comments

• Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mother of the little boy Oliver is obviously making a big deal out of it. How old is he? Like - four or five? It's obvious he is just seeing imaginary friends etc etc. My sister did that when she was that age; we just ignored it! She is just making it a big deal when it very clearly isn't!
  • Options
    thecreepingmessthecreepingmess Posts: 3,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best thing for these children would be for them to taken into care and their mothers sectioned.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utter b*llocks, I'm afraid. I don't believe in psychics or mediums or any of that rubbish.

Seems to me the parents are pushing their kids to appear to have some kind of psychic gift.

Indigo kids, my arse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more. One of the kids is obviously ADHD/Autistic and the parents would rather brainwash them than face facts.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best thing for these children would be for them to taken into care and their mothers sectioned.

Couldn't agree more, the women are utter space cadets who are destroying their kids' minds. Shocking.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman with the red hair in the programme is talking ABSOLUTELY utter BOLLOCKS! 'We need our children! They have such a wonderful gift! They can save the earth!... bla bla bla!'
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyB wrote:
    The woman with the red hair in the programme is talking ABSOLUTELY utter BOLLOCKS! 'We need our children! They have such a wonderful gift! They can save the earth!... bla bla bla!'

She would be utterly hilarious in that Derek Acorah kind of way if it weren't for the fact that she's trying to convince children that they have a special gift.

If adults want to partake in this New Age mumbo jumbo, then they're free to do so, even if they're deluding themselves (and often other gullible adults) but to do that to children just isn't right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's child abuse. Kids are empty vessels, you can fill them with good things, or you can fill them with delusons that will make them useless adults.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's absolutely wrong to condition kids with spiritual clap trap, but this is just a joke. Maybe some of them are psychic, but they should be left alone to explore it themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's absolutely wrong to condition kids with spiritual clap trap, but this is just a joke. Maybe some of them are psychic, but they should be left alone to explore it themselves.

None of them are psychic, there's no such thing.

As someone else pointed out, it's fine for new age parents (of which these two women are classic stereotypes of the genre!) to believe garbage, but to pretend your kid is psychic and fill their head with delusions should be a crime.

Shame on both them, and the charlatans they've been visiting for validation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe that psychic experiences can happen, and that there are many things that can't be explained. HOWEVER, both the mothers in this show seem to be projecting their own problems on to their kids.

The mum with the dark hair was clearly asking her little boy leading questions, and like most kids he was giving the answers that would please mum best. Perhaps ADHD isn't a trendy enough diagnosis for her.

I think the mum with the red hair hasn't come to terms with all those miscarriages.

If the kids have psychic experiences surely the parents should let them have normal childhoods? When they're old enough to decide for themselves, they can explore any psychic potential.

Very uncomfortable viewing. New agey "stage mum" syndrome at its worst :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's NO such thing as psychic experiences.

There's having your head filled with crap (witness these two women tonight) and there's filling your own head with crap.
  • Options
    BootleBootle Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the programme is doing quite well showing them up as crackpots without really saying it. Good stuff, I hope a few new-agers are watching it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how long 'Children of the Soul' will continue after this? :eek: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how long 'Children of the Soul' will continue after this? :eek: :D

Sad thing is there are probably loads of new age loonies watching it who think it's real and will sign their kids up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maciej7 wrote:
    Sad thing is there are probably loads of new age loonies watching it who think it's real and will sign their kids up.
    It's possible that a few social workers and police will take an interest, too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible that a few social workers and police will take an interest, too.

Hope you're right, Keyser.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the website :eek:

http://childrenofthesoul.co.uk/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the website :eek:

http://childrenofthesoul.co.uk/

Why are their sites always pink?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maciej7 wrote:
    Why are their sites always pink?
    All a bit creepy, isn't it?
  • Options
    Plug In BabyPlug In Baby Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this programme and i completely think the parents are insane to project all their new age indigo kids crap on their kids. These kids are going to grow up with delusions of grandeur...i'm sure the girl at the end attempted to compare her gifts to Jesus'.I mean come on get real. The parents should just let their kids be what they are...kids.

xx
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Why do they give nutters like that airspace? I would have thought social services would be onto them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was so laughable , yet sad - i was expecting something a bit more weighty . i feel sorry for them as they seemed to be desperate for something more than you get at the checkout counter - why dont they just get used to being ordinary earthlings and make the best of it .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The irony of this show being on the same evening that Paramount airs the wonderful John Edward epsiode of South Park is quite stark.

This episode should be made compuslory viewing for anyone who thinks psyhics are real.
  • Options
    Nadias_ballsNadias_balls Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a believer or a hardcore sceptic, so I held no bias when watching this show on either side, but as most of you have said; the parents in it were utterly ridiculous.

I saw no real proof of the gifts they claimed their children had. I was a little less opposed to the mother of the young boy though, she did after all allow him treatment as she didn't think he needed the psychic problems.

The other mother though, she was indeed insane, lol. Seemed to be as though she wanted to make herself into some sort of spiritualist hero. And as far as her children's gifts went, well did we see any proof of them? No. Her daughter's commitment and belief was just a product of all those years of having such beliefs and instruction enforced upon her. God only knows why the mother chose to do this, but i think her non-believer son summed it up with that mid-life crisis arguement, lol.

I think to some extent though, she has real problems and the whole psychic and magical element of her life was an effort to subdue some real pain. Such as the seven miscarriages she suffered. I can understand why someone would convince themeselves those children are still around and a big part of her ordinary life.