Sophie: Why I hate Kate Lawler

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,873
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sophie just telling Bianca that Kate was drunk once at Sophie's own cover party for Loaded magazine and Kate asked her "Who the f*** do you think you are?"

Sophie then said "We all behave differently when we're drunk because I used to be one of the worst of them :eek: so I'm taking that into account. Wow! Ms Anderton's growing up!"

Bianca: "Mmmmmm".

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Comments

• SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,698
    Forum Member
    Kate might've been drunk, but she was only saying what we're all thinking :D
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    Sophie ALWAYS mentions her alcohol addiction
  • musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    Lukey37 wrote:
    Sophie ALWAYS mentions her alcohol addiction

When its an addiction you battle it every day and every min usually! and watching them all drink and having that wine poured on her was OUT OF ORDER! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Sophie is a horrid person. I have always thought so. She uses her adictions as a crutch and thinks she is way above everyone, when actually she is way below most.
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sync wrote:
    Sophie is a horrid person. I have always thought so. She uses her adictions as a crutch and thinks she is way above everyone, when actually she is way below most.

Well said. There was a thread last week in which SolarSail (I think) pasted the definition of a Sociopath and the behaviours they normally display. Many of us shared the opinion that from watching Sophie whilst on this programme she seems to tick most of the boxes which define sociopathic behaviour. A week later I haven't seen anything that makes me want to change my opinion.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's more like she suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote:

or maybe both :eek:
  • lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicangel wrote:
    When its an addiction you battle it every day and every min usually! and watching them all drink and having that wine poured on her was OUT OF ORDER! :mad:

From the sounds of Sophie's letter from her 'friend' (I use that word loosely as I doubt she had real ones), Sophie's life seems centred around nightlife, social gathers etc. She has felt the need to sh*g Axl Rose after her birthday party - I doubt it was an alcohol free afair if Axl Rose was involved. For someone who claims she has alcohol problems and has now played on that fact, I have little sympathy if she spends her time not avoiding the stuff.

I have little doubt that she watched some of the programme last year. She must have known there'd be alcohol around. If she is that much of a recovering alcoholic and it is a problem on the scale she likes to exaggerate it as, she wouldn't have subjected herself to it in the first place. It's all an act.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    grrrrrrrrrr...she is just so self Absorbed its funny!!! i think she forgets she is on TV aswell ...........a good liar needs a good memory Sophie!
  • loopylisaloopylisa Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    lots2do wrote:
    From the sounds of Sophie's letter from her 'friend' (I use that word loosely as I doubt she had real ones), Sophie's life seems centred around nightlife, social gathers etc. She has felt the need to sh*g Axl Rose after her birthday party - I doubt it was an alcohol free afair if Axl Rose was involved. For someone who claims she has alcohol problems and has now played on that fact, I have little sympathy if she spends her time not avoiding the stuff.

I have little doubt that she watched some of the programme last year. She must have known there'd be alcohol around. If she is that much of a recovering alcoholic and it is a problem on the scale she likes to exaggerate it as, she wouldn't have subjected herself to it in the first place. It's all an act.

Totally agree with everything you have said, she was aware there was alcohol as she mentioned it when Paul came into the resort.

She is one of those people to like bad things happening to them, so they have got something to tell people to get the sympathy vote. She clearly has severe problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure, yet again, we have have Sophie's sanitized version of events at the Loaded 'Cover' party. Why on earth would Kate (or anyone, for that matter) just say that to someone. No provocation, no preamble, nothing. Sounds incredible to me. I think Sophie has missed out rather a lot of conversation and preceding events. :rolleyes:
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure, yet again, we have have Sophie's sanitized version of events at the Loaded 'Cover' party. Why on earth would Kate (or anyone, for that matter) just say that to someone. No provocation, no preamble, nothing. Sounds incredible to me. I think Sophie has missed out rather a lot of conversation and preceding events. :rolleyes:

mind you I do remember what Kate was like in BB when she'd had a few to many - so I wouldn't be suprised
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote:

I thought I'd look up some of the traits of NPD and she does seem to fit rather well:

NPD

from that site:

Characteristics of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

A pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and lack of empathy which begins by early adulthood and is present in differing contexts within a person's life.

1. A narcissistic individual is grandiose in their sense of self-importance and exaggerates their achievements and talents. He expects to be recognized as superior without achieving any great accomplishments.

2. A narcissistic individual is preoccupied with fantasies of his brilliance as well as his unlimited success or power. He fantasizes about beauty or ideal love.

3. A narcissistic individual believes that he is "special" or "unique." He feels that he can only be understood by or should associate with other special or high status people.

4. A narcissistic individual requires excessive admiration and is on a constant search for admiration.

5. A narcissistic individual has a sense of entitlement. He has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment and expect others to automatically comply with his wishes.

6. A narcissistic individual takes advantage of others to achieve his own ends and uses others without regards to the feelings of others.

7. A narcissistic individual lacks empathy and does not identify with the feelings or needs of others.

8. A narcissstic individual is envious of others and believes that others are envious of him.

9. A narcissistic individual shows arrogant or haughty behaviors or attitudes and does not care who he offends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote:

This quite clearly falls under category 4 above :)
  • lulululu Posts: 4,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicangel wrote:

It was her choice to go in. Should they not be allowed alcohol just because she was there. Oh, I forgot, she sits at home sipping herbal tea and knitting rather than be part of the party scene in London.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member

Excellent post. Im no great fan of Kate Lawler but, as you point out, why on earth would you suddenly blurt those words out, unless you had a very good reason?

Bianca's non committal reply of "mmmm" said it all.... lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    musicangel wrote:

Is "Im in recovery" code for I can do what I want and everyone else has to put up with it"

If she seriously thinks that having someone who she doesn't like around is going to jepordise her recovery then she's not fit to be living a normal life and should be accompanied wherever she goes. Seeems to me that everytime something happens she doesn't like it comes down to "I'm in recovery". It's a constant excuse for her spoilt brat behaviour. I don't see Brosnan constantly going on about his addictions. If she can't cope then she should leave or are you suggeeting that noone else should drink because of Sophies weaknesses - it's noone elses fault she has an addiction.

Its almost as if being in recovery is something that she thinks makes her special, but bearing in mind most of he publicity has beeen about her addiction and not her modelling I can see why

Should someone in recovery be going clubbing as regularly as she does?
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,698
    Forum Member
    Here's a question. If she hadn't been with Bosnich (sp?) and hadn't had all the incidents that lead to her needing to become clean and sober, would we ever have heard about her, or who she is? Would she have been invited on to IACGMOH or Love Island?
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote:
    Here's a question. If she hadn't been with Bosnich (sp?) and hadn't had all the incidents that lead to her needing to become clean and sober, would we ever have heard about her, or who she is? Would she have been invited on to IACGMOH or Love Island?

Good question. Is she really considered that successful in the modelling world?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muppeteer wrote:
    Good question. Is she really considered that successful in the modelling world?
    :eek: :eek: :eek: She's the face of Peacocks. ;)
  • DonzDonz Posts: 1,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She labels HERSELF a supermodel she has never been and will never be a supermodel !! she is so far up her own behind its unbelievable !! I feel like I want to slap her everytime her ugly mug comes on the telly !! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: :eek: :eek: She's the face of Peacocks. ;)

I see a joke there, but I shall resist! :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,397
    Forum Member
    musicangel wrote:

Please don't patronise us. I happen to have a number of alcholics in my family & they don't go on about their recovery every minute of every day. They are actually ashamed to have had an alcohol addiction rather than boasting about how great they are for recovering.

And she didn't seem that upset about the wine at the time it was poured did she. It's pathetic to react as though Victoria had just infected her with HIV.