Real Madrid TV

joedjoed Posts: 1,369
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This was posted on the Sky Digi Online website

Spanish football channel gets set for Sky launch
Aug 14, 2006 07:22 PM
Spanish football club Real Madrid are set to launch their own channel on Sky Digital later this month.

According to EBS, a broadcast solutions provider, it has secured a deal with Real Madrid TV to provide EPG services on the Sky platform.

The channel is testing at 11.681(V) with label '51147' and can be manually added via the 'Add channels' feature on Sky.

Real Madrid TV is expected to join the Sky Digital line-up on Tuesday 29th August.

Comments

• hugonhugon Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching this since it was mentioned on the forums earlier this week - good little channel, had a reserve friendly live last night.

Anyone know of any online listings for programs on the channel, as the EPG data they carry at the moment is not correct.
  • wintvwintv Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    hugon wrote:
    I've been watching this since it was mentioned on the forums earlier this week - good little channel, had a reserve friendly live last night.

Anyone know of any online listings for programs on the channel, as the EPG data they carry at the moment is not correct.

http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/rma30646.htm :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    How do i view this channel?
  • joedjoed Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to services, add channels and enter these details: 11.681, V, 27.5, 2/3. and follow the instructions, it will appear on the screen as 51147, press the yellow button to store it and press select, you can view it from the other channels section through the services button :)
    Forum Member
    joed wrote:
    Go to services, add channels and enter these details: 11.681, V, 27.5, 2/3. and follow the instructions, it will appear on the screen as 51147, press the yellow button to store it and press select, you can view it from the other channels section through the services button :)

thanks alot. i will try this.:)
  • noddylpdnoddylpd Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this channel free or pay to view? :)
  • jshaw_82jshaw_82 Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Is this the same channel that is on Hotbird??
  • hugonhugon Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noddylpd wrote:
    Is this channel free or pay to view? :)

Currently FTA I think (Certainly FTV). Seems to be the same as the Hotbird one.
  • rai unorai uno Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • 3dom3dom Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this channel used to be subscription only till the new president at real madrid said in his voting campain that he would make it ftv luckly he stuck to his promise.

Its a good channel it doesn't show much live football games due to other tv rights this channel also shows other sport with the real madrid brand like basketball.
    Forum Member
    i get to the scrren but which channel do i store?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew J M wrote:
    i get to the scrren but which channel do i store?

The one entitled 51147 as i mentioned in the earlier post :)
    Forum Member
    joed wrote:
    The one entitled 51147 as i mentioned in the earlier post :)

but is called extreme sports or something and when i enter it, it says i have to subscribe... :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew J M wrote:
    but is called extreme sports or something and when i enter it, it says i have to subscribe... :confused:

You must have entered the wrong frequency, go to services, add channels enter:
    V
    and 2/3

when the search is complete store the channel 51147 and bingo!! It works trust me you must have put the wrong numbers in :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hugon wrote:
    Currently FTA I think (Certainly FTV). Seems to be the same as the Hotbird one.

FTA and its exactly the same as the one on 13E. :D
    Forum Member
    it worked! thanks guys:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Real Madrid tv also shows many old matches from the champions league and the la liga which is good. They also have many others shows which are worth watching.

Satdude10 :cool:
  • noddylpdnoddylpd Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers all I stored the channel last night. When will it be in the normal EPG?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wont - its in Other channels (services 6) It will be on the epg on the 29th.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Hi guys,

I'm not thick and I've added many channels to other channels, but this one won't go! Using the number and freqs above and no go! Any ideas? I live on the West Coast of Ireland and only have the normal Sky dish, so could that be the problem?
  • MarrooMarroo Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info re this channel. The content shown so far aint too bad.

I notice that 2 of the reporters are ex sit-up presenters. :eek: Ashley House & Alison Bender.

The 2 guys commentating on the match highlights shows are a bit ott though , when a goal goes in.

Looks like it could be a good channel. :)
  • LanarkianLanarkian Posts: 7,534
    Forum Member
    Hi guys,

I'm not thick and I've added many channels to other channels, but this one won't go! Using the number and freqs above and no go! Any ideas? I live on the West Coast of Ireland and only have the normal Sky dish, so could that be the problem?
    Have you reached the maximum 'Other Channels' maybe?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Real's second team matches, who play in the second division, were show live each week towards the end of the season, mostly at around 5-6pm on a Saturday evening. The matches, I belive, took place at the new Madrid training ground that they are building up. Real Madrid TV broadcast two channels the one on 19@ is totaly in Spanish and and shows different programes than the one now on Sky in English. The Spainish version shows lots of live football on Saturday and Sunday mornings with the youth leagues starting with the what looks like the under 7s and going on untill the afternoons with the under 17s. Both versons showed the Madrid second team matches live
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got it stored, good to see it coming here, though I must admit I'am extremly surprised that a Spansih Club is launching there channel here.

Does the Real Madrid channel in Spain actually show there Live matches?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got it stored, good to see it coming here, though I must admit I'am extremly surprised that a Spansih Club is launching there channel here.

Does the Real Madrid channel in Spain actually show there Live matches?

Remember they are one of the biggest clubs in the world and have thousands of international fans.