All Star Cup

CentCent Posts: 26,301
Forum Member
✭✭✭
ITV1's coverage

SATURDAY 9.25pm - 10.25pm

SUNDAY 3pm - 4.45pm, 5.15pm - 7pm

MONDAY 12pm - 4.50pm, 5.15pm - 7.30pm, 8pm - 8.30pm

ITV2's coverage is all over the place as well. How is this going to work? Why is the final show against Eastenders when Love Island is given one and a half hours at 9pm? Are there no highlights to catch-up?

Comments

• Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    centrino04 wrote:
    ITV1's coverage

SATURDAY 9.25pm - 10.25pm

SUNDAY 3pm - 4.45pm, 5.15pm - 7pm

MONDAY 12pm - 4.50pm, 5.15pm - 7.30pm, 8pm - 8.30pm

ITV2's coverage is all over the place as well. How is this going to work? Why is the final show against Eastenders when Love Island is given one and a half hours at 9pm? Are there no highlights to catch-up?

Maybe some of it is being shown on tape delay just in case Brucie starts telling jokes?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't this done on Sky? And this is just a repeat?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mason_100 wrote:
    Yeh, this was done on Sky last year, but ITV have bought it this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mason_100 wrote:

Hmm good point as Sky had the same sort of timings but it is a new version of it as no Wogan etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    I watched this on sky last year and enjoyed it. The coverage was much better. It was on live and you could follow the play much better that chopping in and out round other programmes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the preview after X Factor. It looks quite good.

Anyone know who the American Doctor and larger than life singer are?

DS are blogging from Celtic Manor here:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/blog/allstar2006/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was conceived by Ant & Dec. ITV didn't want to know last year so SKY showed it but ITV barred A&D from hosting it. Due to it's success ITV in a classic case of closing the stable door bought the rights.........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive got a query, if its a live launch.......why is it showing broad daylight in the background when ant and dec chat?
  • Options
    dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gazdudeuk wrote:
    ive got a query, if its a live launch.......why is it showing broad daylight in the background when ant and dec chat?

just thought the same thing, obviously not live then.
  • Options
    Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    Lets all cringe at Meat Loaf
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dzfootball wrote:
    just thought the same thing, obviously not live then.

seems its a con and not "live"
  • Options
    dafydddafydd Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Don't you know Wales is in a different time-zone? :) It's clearly filmed 'as live' which seems a strange decision as it's a shambolic show with lots of sound problems.
  • Options
    rugbynutrugbynut Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    i find it wierd that Cantrbury are the clothes sponsers. I think they make the best sports wear in the world but it is almost exclusivly rugbywear.
  • Options
    xflarexflare Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Seymour is American now? .... sorry I missed most of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xflare wrote:
    Jane Seymour is American now? .... sorry I missed most of the show.
    I belive she explained it by saying "well I am, but im not, but I am, but im not..."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dafydd wrote:
    Don't you know Wales is in a different time-zone? :) It's clearly filmed 'as live' which seems a strange decision as it's a shambolic show with lots of sound problems.

All the "howlround" (feedback) hurt this mog's ears, maybe they wanted to record it as live just in case viewers were led to beleive it was all staged, with some of the teams comments were actually being funny :eek: but to be honest it was just a way of filling up an hour in ITVs woeful schedule
    :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    centrino04 wrote:
    I belive she explained it by saying "well I am, but im not, but I am, but im not..."

Ah Vicky Pollard when she is 60, yer but no but yer but no but ........................ ad nauseum!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    cjrailsoncjrailson Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    I wonder why they only managed to get one person from last years american team back.

I realy do think last years lineup was much better. And you had a couple of big names in their (Cathrine Zita Jones and Michal dougless).

It looked like they all enjoyed themselves last year - perhaps not? - They couldent have all been busy?

Chris
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an awful show, it's like an Ant & Dec love-in....... I'm sick of these two numpties coming up with bad ideas for television shows. Give somebody else a chance.

I certainly won't be watching this guff.
  • Options
    cjrailsoncjrailson Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Hootie wrote:
    This is an awful show, it's like an Ant & Dec love-in....... I'm sick of these two numpties coming up with bad ideas for television shows. Give somebody else a chance.

I certainly won't be watching this guff.

It wasent hosted by them last year (just produced by their company i think)

Obviousley some people like it (me included) if it was brought for a second year.

I think you have to be mildly interested in golf to enjoy it though.

Chris
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjrailson wrote:
    I think you have to be mildly interested in golf to enjoy it though.

Chris

Golf is irrelevant........... It's a chance to beat the Yanks!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Golf is irrelevant........... It's a chance to beat the Yanks!!!!!

We have a chance as long as Meatloaf dont start singing :eek:
  • Options
    Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    It seems to be that the US team are maily Hollywood actors and rock stars. While The European team are mainly British soap or drama stars, comedians and singers apart from Ruud Gullit and Rowan Keating.

And why is Bradley Walsh is in it? He's appeared in a couple of related shows already like Ant's and Dec football show in May just before the World Cup and Celebrtiy Pot Black for Sport Reief.

I said this before in past forums and I'll say it again. Is the competion on in America fior their viewers to see how their team go?

If so, Why can't the USA have TV actors, presenters and comedians who are unknown to us Brits like we have in our team

I hope the USA win. And maybe they could host it next year making the event like the Ryder Cup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be that the US team are maily Hollywood actors and rock stars. While The European team are mainly British soap or drama stars, comedians and singers apart from Ruud Gullit and Rowan Keating.

And why is Bradley Walsh is in it? He's appeared in a couple of related shows already like Ant's and Dec football show in May just before the World Cup and Celebrtiy Pot Black for Sport Reief.

I said this before in past forums and I'll say it again. Is the competion on in America fior their viewers to see how their team go?

If so, Why can't the USA have TV actors, presenters and comedians who are unknown to us Brits like we have in our team

I hope the USA win. And maybe they could host it next year making the event like the Ryder Cup.
    It's not a real competition you know. It's just a british tv show that some americans are being paid to appear in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a made-for-British-TV event.

If Ant and Dec had some actual clout and managed to get the 'All Star Cup' shown on US TV (afaik not one US TV station will be showing it) then maybe you'd be onto something.

...as it is, 'Europe' are thumping the 'US' at the moment and the US stars are mostly having a bit of a laugh while 'Europe' are taking it deadly seriously.

Last year's crop of US stars weren't too shabby (Boomer Esiason plays for cash) and were only narrowly beaten.

http://www.skyone.co.uk/allstarcup/pgeASCTeam.asp