Nasty Nick busted - the full story (YouTube)

The nostaligic may like this one. 9+ minute clip of Nasty Nick's downfall, including the moment when he was confronted by Craig. How different was BB back then? A young looking Davina presents a special 'Nick busted!' show. Votes cost no more than 10p per call. The house looks really big. 6 million people had watched Nick being exposed at midnight the previous night! And Marcus Bentley sounded a lot less Geordie back then (though he doesn't speak in this clip). Apologies for the less than perfect quality but this footage is from a six year old video recording, which was then ripped to avi format: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzk9Yv2f2_g

Comments

• InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that clip
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    Ahhh those were the days!!
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers for that, i've bookmarked it for later. :D
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Nasty Nick was in BB 7 he would get just get told he couldn't nominate or be given immunity from eviction!

Changed days :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Nasty Nick was in BB 7 he would get just get told he couldn't nominate or be given immunity from eviction!

Changed days :(
    So true.....god it made the front pages of the newspapers & he was on the BBC news. :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that is very evident watching the first series is the emphasis they placed on the HMs being cut off from the real world. The idea of someone being evicted, spending weeks out there basking in the media spotlight, then returning and being eligible to win would have seemed ridiculous then. And indeed still does now ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that is very evident watching the first series is the emphasis they placed on the HMs being cut off from the real world. The idea of someone being evicted, spending weeks out there basking in the media spotlight, then returning and being eligible to win would have seemed ridiculous then. And indeed still does now ;)
    Indeed...that was the whole ethos of the programme...way back then. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the clip. How times have changed. Back then, the whole Nasty Nick thing & the lead-up to his eventual exposure & eviction had people glued to their tvs for days. It made headlines in papers & on tv. These days I wouldn't be surprised to find some HMs had gone into the house having first left a list of which papers/mags to ring etc if they get thrown out. It's a very different game now - that's the series where the phrase "It's only a gameshow" was coined. Now, it's less of a game & more of a show, & the HMs are vying for the lead role before they even walk through the door. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clip. How times have changed. Back then, the whole Nasty Nick thing & the lead-up to his eventual exposure & eviction had people glued to their tvs for days. It made headlines in papers & on tv. These days I wouldn't be surprised to find some HMs had gone into the house having first left a list of which papers/mags to ring etc if they get thrown out. It's a very different game now - that's the series where the phrase "It's only a gameshow" was coined. Now, it's less of a game & more of a show, & the HMs are vying for the lead role before they even walk through the door. :(
    Well most have Equity cards & agents lined up, before they set foot in the house. :eek:
  • madwuminmadwumin Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I loved BB in the early days - kicked out for discussing nominations, weekly tasks determining food budget - no interventions, no BB deciding who goes - WE decided back then...aaahhh....bring back them good ole days!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a BB1 promo clip, where they explain the rules of Big Brother. Innocent days indeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSv6uiShceM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a BB1 promo clip, where they explain the rules of Big Brother. Innocent days indeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSv6uiShceM
    Cheers for that...funnily enough they still have the same rules in their 'starter pack' shame they no longer apply. :(
  • FenixxFenixx Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    SIX MILLION people watching at midnight? *dies* :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    God, I remember this!!! Oh the good old days!!
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that clip :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I do know where I was when it occurred. I'd just stepped through the door after coming back from Portugal, sat down with a cuppa and found the biggest BB scandal unfolding before my very eyes! Needless to say, the luggage remained in the doorway that night. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking this through...why did the housemates need to rumble him before he was kicked out? Surely it was seen on camera that he was writing things down, which was against the rules?
  • ButtersButters Posts: 3,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How crap are the BBUS evictions!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note the time? Starts at 10.55!

those were the days...when there were adults on BB not grown up children.

How they can justify raising the voting cost five fold in 6 series is beyond me.

I miss that origional house :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Rach* wrote:
    Thinking this through...why did the housemates need to rumble him before he was kicked out? Surely it was seen on camera that he was writing things down, which was against the rules?

IMHO, it's inconceivable that the producers didn't know what was going on. But they obviously realised it was a great story and let it run until the other HMs finally discovered the plot and confronted Nick. Everyone was baying for his blood, but in the end he seemed quite distraught about what he'd done.
  • CameronBB4CameronBB4 Posts: 3,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, wrong thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did the voice behind BB join? As Davina was doing the narrating. Was it BB2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Rach* wrote:
    When did the voice behind BB join? As Davina was doing the narrating. Was it BB2?

Marcus was there from the start, but sometimes others did the voiceovers. Also, his Geordie accent wasn't anywhere near as strong back then. I can't decide if he was trying to make it less apparent then, or if he puts it on more now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stentionhouse, you're a star today..thanks for all these clips :);)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emzi wrote:
    Stentionhouse, you're a star today..thanks for all these clips :);)

There's plenty more to come - including the full evictions and interviews of Sada, Andrew, Thomas and Nichola from BB1 :D