The BB1 evictions thread (YouTube)

OK, here goes the first of several BB1 evictions I'll be posting on this thread. Kicking off with Sada, the first person ever to be evicted in BBUK. First part contains some highlights followed by Davina going to the house and annoucing who the evictee will be. Followed by the full eviction and interview show, broken into three pieces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taSLY28IyIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWlOO_7pbZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QdkfWgYGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnB1zy0oKuQ

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!! Just as a matter of interest how did you upload the clips? Did u have it on a dvd already or is there a way of getting footage from videos on to dvds and then uploading them? Because I might have some old BBs taped so would it be possible to upload them somehow
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!! Just as a matter of interest how did you upload the clips? Did u have it on a dvd already or is there a way of getting footage from videos on to dvds and then uploading them? Because I might have some old BBs taped so would it be possible to upload them somehow

I had some old video recordings which I transferred to the PC using a capture card and then converted the clips to avi format, which were burned to CDs (and then later over to DVDs). I just copy the files back to the hard drive, edit if necessary, then upload the avis on to YouTube.

Many of the shows were virtually unwatchable as some of the tapes had gone manky with age. I also picked up some BB1 eps which were posted in a newsgroup some time ago. But even so, I still have quite a lot of missing episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, old school!!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this I've wanted to see Sada evicted for ages - amazing how things have changed in 6 years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And so began the tradition of pretending to be blissfully happy at being evicted.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I love the way the screen opens and the crowd are behind it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprisingly Sada comes across really well in the interview, she suspected strategic voting too.
  • Bitebug2003Bitebug2003 Posts: 8,671
    Forum Member
    Love the way Davina runs also .... hopefully next year she is not pregnant.

She really needs to bring back that spark from BB1
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a million for this! Genuine GOLD!!! :D
  • iampukingiampuking Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was god awful, i know many disagree but I much prefer the eviction setup these days.. even though it has been 'showbized' up, it was for the best.
  • in2deepin2deep Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aran wrote:
    I love the way the screen opens and the crowd are behind it
    I vaguely remember that, but I agree it looks good, with Davina starting to run, and the screen splits for her to jog through past the crowd!

(Sada always reminds me of an old girlfriend of mine, she looks almost the spit of her)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    love it, thanks, i never saw any of BB1

Watched BB2 and remember wen Brian won, and they opened the gates after they had crossed the bridge and the crowd went wild, loved BB2 house propa loved it

good design and the whole crossing the bridge, opening the gates to the crowd thing was class, better than evictions are now
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    I love it when Davina ask the crowd who they think will be evicted next and one of them says "Nicholas, he is a pr*ck" LOL :D
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,840
    Forum Member
    BB is too samsey now. Bring bck the mini features, the parting screen (which returned for BB4!) and the Davina run!
  • jamestmjamestm Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Classic Big Brother!
    I miss the normal-ish people who weren't after money and fame.
    The old way in which evictions happened were very different too, none of this 'BBH, this is Davina. You are live on Channel4...' stuff.
    I have to say I prefer the way evictions are run these days.
    BB1 also has a european BB feel to it.
  • madwuminmadwumin Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the way Davina runs also .... hopefully next year she is not pregnant.

She really needs to bring back that spark from BB1

I loved the way Davina used to run to get the housemates and how they were reunited with their family and how they used to burst through the gates for the pap to click away happily!

I dont think its Davina herself that needs to get the spark - I think its £ndemol!
  • madwuminmadwumin Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love it, thanks, i never saw any of BB1

Watched BB2 and remember wen Brian won, and they opened the gates after they had crossed the bridge and the crowd went wild, loved BB2 house propa loved it

good design and the whole crossing the bridge, opening the gates to the crowd thing was class, better than evictions are now

I totally agree - I have said it for ever that they should do evictions like that again - I loved the way Davina used to run to the house to get the hm and how they were reunited and the pap etc etc - oh please see my above post!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calls cost no more than 10p

that's quite respectable....they have gone too far with the voting price these days
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Yeah i really liked the way the photographers clicked away as soon as the gate was opened, was the best i thought, i like the way davina annouces evictions now, seemed a right shambles first time, and a two hour wait to pack and say goodbye, whats that about, but i loved the whole crossing the bridge thing, instead of the up the stairs and straight into it, plus i cant stand live first night, ws much better when they just went into the house like it was just a normal day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say that watching these early BBs again, I begin to see why people say it wouldn't be the same without Davina.
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How interesting. I like the splitting screen and the bridge. The jogging through the crowd is all very nice but you couldn't hear a word that Davina was saying.

It was refreshing to see how un-rehearsed the announcements were and how new everything was. It will never go back to that but eviction nights need sprucing up.

My suggestions:
    Do all announcements indoors
    More features like talking to the public instead of just plain HL's, announcement and eviction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help thinking that they HAD to change the format....I mean...when will thursdays highlights get shown?

they probably had some good stuff happen on a thursday and thought..."well, when are we going to show this?"

when you think about it like that it becomes clear that they can never go back to the feature based eviction programmes...unless they get a 2 hour slot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sprogg wrote:
    How interesting. I like the splitting screen and the bridge. The jogging through the crowd is all very nice but you couldn't hear a word that Davina was saying.

It was refreshing to see how un-rehearsed the announcements were and how new everything was. It will never go back to that but eviction nights need sprucing up.

My suggestions:
    Do all announcements indoors
    More features like talking to the public instead of just plain HL's, announcement and eviction.

I don't mind the announcements being outside but I really hate the interviews on finale night outside - the interviews aren't as indepth as they would have been inside a studio without a baying crowd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eviction number two coming up - and one of my least favourite HMs ever....Andrew. Think they didn't get booed in the early days? Listen closely :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUa7kmdOyI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZaJ2aYDoEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXllTVEwpKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XGXEKndHQw
  • Gizmo210688Gizmo210688 Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man, watching all these classic episodes makes you see how good Big Brother was when it first started (not to say it isn't good now - I thoroughly enjoyed this year).

I didn't really watch a lot of the early series of BB. Starting to wish I had now! More of these early shows please!