Options

Inside Soap's Autmn Preview ~ A Big End to 2006 and a Strong 2007 for Corrie

LlamaKingLlamaKing Posts: 4,019
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Steve Frost has an interview with Inside Soap in the magazine this week and gives away a lot of clues to the future of Coronation Street. It is the issue 2 - 8 September.

Here are a few of the interesting bits.

He wanted to establish links between everyone and focus on how the community operates. He also felt the Websters needed to be given more storylines.

He longed to see more of Eileen (like most of us! :D ) - she's become a bit of a pet project! She needs a broader life than she's had so far. She's got something very exciting coming up , it's about her family, particularly Jason. She's going to be thinking about what she wants for herself and loved ones.

Battersby-Brown's were his least favourite fmaily! He's on a mission to restore their credibility and make then the worst family on the Street who don't realise howawful they are.

With Charlie leaving, they don't have to hold back on how evil he can be, they'll be going the whole hog.

Audrey gets it on with Bill Webster on Christmas day! :eek:

David becomes even more vengeful when he finds out Maria's seeing Charlie, but Charlie's response is even more terrifying.

He's hoping Peter Barlow and Karen MacDonald will return at some point.

Also, revenge for Tracy! Love for Danny and Frankie? False hope for Steve and Michelle? Evil ways for Paul?

Looks fantastic and that Corrie will be going from strength to strength! I can't wait!

Comments

• Options
    PMTVPMTV Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Can you modify your title to tell people it is only Corrie you are talking about and not the other soaps.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    LlamaKing wrote:

Oh good Lord! :eek: Corrie always tries to put us off our food on Christmas Day - remember Dev and Deirdre? *shudders*
  • Options
    CrollixCrollix Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see Peter Barlow returning, the actor has said that there is nothing left there for him and with Shelley gone there wouldn't be much point in bringing him back except maybe to visit the family now and again. Long term wise though the storyline scope for him is pretty thin and I don't blame the actor for wanting to stay away, he had a good run last time and some great storylines.

From the thread title I thought that you would have info on other soaps too and not just Corrie, was there any? If so would you kindly type it up or would somebody else who has the magazine seeing as how this thread does have a thread title that doesn't sound like it's exclusively about Corrie.

I've seen other threads where somebody has typed up info for all the soaps from Inside Soap. :)
  • Options
    thirstyelephantthirstyelephant Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see both Karen and Peter back.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see Karen back. I thought the Karen/Tracy feud was brilliant! But Kate Ford is leaving so I doubt that will happen again.

Perhaps Karen comes back just as Steve and Michelle's relationship bubbles up? Aww, I miss Karen in Underworld - I still haven't warmed to Kelly Crabknickers!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    LlamaKing wrote:
    David becomes even more vengeful when he finds out Maria's seeing Charlie, but Charlie's response is even more terrifying.

Evil ways for Paul?[/I]

What does David have to do with Maria and Charlie?

and who is Paul?

Other than that sounds ok.
  • Options
    Up NorthUp North Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I thought that Bill Webster was only returning for the Paris storyline.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daria_103 wrote:

and who is Paul?

David seems to have a little crush on Maria

I think Paul is a relation to Kym Marshs character Michelle?? :confused:
  • Options
    Up NorthUp North Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Anything on
    Fred's death
  • Options
    CampcrusaderCampcrusader Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crollix wrote:
    I can't see Peter Barlow returning, the actor has said that there is nothing left there for him

There have been about 7 different actors playing this role - so I'm sure they'd just re-cast...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    daria_103 wrote:
    LlamaKing wrote:

Evil ways for Paul?[/I]

and who is Paul?

Other than that sounds ok.

Paul Connor - Michelle's brother arrives next week!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,887
    Forum Member
    A thread with a vague title that's not about EE or Bracey :p

Looks good - except for the 'improvements' to the BB family.
    Just get rid of Cilla - it would improve it no end :)
  • Options
    LifeLinesLifeLines Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been about 7 different actors playing this role - so I'm sure they'd just re-cast...

I think Steve Frost has his eye on Chris Gascoyne and only him. I don't think he should be re cast but I do think he should return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    __________ double post
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    He wanted to establish links between everyone and focus on how the community operates. He also felt the Websters needed to be given more storylines.

Great news, finally a community spirt and more Websters :D

He longed to see more of Eileen (like most of us! :D ) - she's become a bit of a pet project! She needs a broader life than she's had so far. She's got something very exciting coming up , it's about her family, particularly Jason. She's going to be thinking about what she wants for herself and loved ones.

Fab :D , That's all I can say :D

Battersby-Brown's were his least favourite fmaily! He's on a mission to restore their credibility and make then the worst family on the Street who don't realise howawful they are.

Nooooooo :mad:

With Charlie leaving, they don't have to hold back on how evil he can be, they'll be going the whole hog.

Ooo Great not more of him :rolleyes:

Audrey is quite frisky isn't she :p

More Maria and David sounds good :)

He's hoping Peter Barlow and Karen MacDonald will return at some point.

Super, so much more work could be put into these two characters.

Also, revenge for Tracy! Love for Danny and Frankie? False hope for Steve and Michelle? Evil ways for Paul?

Take it this means Tracy/Charlie/Maria, Danny and Frankie get back together then and Paul will be a nasty ba..... :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    Are any other shows mentioned in this preview?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    umbongo wrote:
    Are any other shows mentioned in this preview?

No next week will be a different soap.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Thanks a bunch! I didnt want to know that. I thought you were not allowed to write about whats happening weeks of months in advance as it ruins things for people who really do not want to know!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title kinds of gives it away. :confused:
    Inside Soap's Autmn Preview

I'm sure not all has been spoiled - after the first spoiler you would have sure left the thread and not read the rest? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LifeLines wrote:
    No next week will be a different soap.

Thanks for that.

*hopes they give a few details about The Bill*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    umbongo wrote:
    Thanks for that.

*hopes they give a few details about The Bill*

It will only be very small if they do. :( It's mainly a EastEnders, Corrie and Emmerdale & Hollyoaks feature.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^ Damn.

:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As this series is a Meet The Producer it's hardly likely that they will do The Bill to be honest. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry about forgetting to put Corrie in the title, but it's on the first line of the post so I'm sure it's not too much trouble to read that first line. :)

EDIT: I have asked for the title to be changed, also there was no autmn preview for the other soaps in the mag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too late to edit my previous post, but thanks to the mods who just changed the title. :)