Options

Eastenders 8/9/06 8:00pm

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Surprised no-ones made one yet?!

Honey and Billy put on a brave face following the devastating news about Janet. Billy phones Peggy but he can't bring himself to tell her the news. Nurse Cheryl tries to teach Honey how to bath baby Janet, but she's not interested.

Later, a pediatrician visits Honey and Billy and tells them that the feelings that they have will go away. Honey flips – she can't understand how the doctors didn't detect the baby had Down's Syndrome. She turns on Billy and suggests that the surprise wedding sparked the condition.

Peggy arrives with Jack, Dot, Jim and Pat. Honey and Billy put on a front for them. After they've gone, Billy re-assures Honey that it's nobody's fault that Janet has Down's Syndrome.

At the special care unit, Billy watches through the glass as the doctors run tests on baby Janet. Pat approaches and identifies Janet's condition. Billy breaks down.

Back on the ward, Honey tells Billy that Janet isn't the baby she'd hoped and wished for and tells him that she wants to be alone.

Comments

• Options
    KaliMistKaliMist Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    Poor Honey and Billy :(

EE sound's great tonight...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical EE - with its depressing storylines.

Honey started out so happy in the beginning
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE have written the nurse character badly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    god I Want to punch their f***ing heads gggrrrraaahhhh
  • Options
    ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This storyline is tough for me as my sister went through this with her Down's Syndrome son....
    He will be 15 in a week or two and has just been diagnosed with severe type 1 diabetes........ Talk about more than his fair share of short straws:(
    :cry:
  • Options
    scott-charmedscott-charmed Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt sorry for her standing outside the room watching the other mothers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,397
    Forum Member
    Oh, Honey will you shut the f*** up you ignorant cow! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't feel sorry for her at all she has a baby that needs it's mum and dad disgraceful behaviour (btw I do know it's just a progam but I hate the change in Honey)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the-tick wrote:
    I don't feel sorry for her at all she has a bay that needs it's mum and dad disgraceful behavious (btw I do know it's just a progam but I hate the change in Honey)

Had a downs syndrome child have you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but I have a 6 year old girl and I would have been there for her whatever the eventuallity
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would Peggy go "Ohhh" as if shes never had a baby before?! She's had three kids! As if she'd be fobbed off like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would Peggy go "Ohhh" as if shes never had a baby before?! She's had three kids! As if she'd be fobbed off like that.

Bad writers I presume :)
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So going back in time, did Honey refuse tests back in the day because she didn't believe in them and didn't want anything to go wrong? Or am I imagining it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the-tick wrote:
    No but I have a 6 year old girl and I would have been there for her whatever the eventuallity

Or so you think, have some empathy
  • Options
    ChrisFLover86ChrisFLover86 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight episode was so sad but made me a bit angry at the way Honey was acting. She should love Janet no matter what her condition is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know as we had a massive scare 3 days before she was born as she didn't move all day and the bump went abnormally hard and we feard the worst we had to go to hospital fo monitoring and after a few hours she decided to wake up and be active but for those hours we had to face the fact that there was a possibilty our unborn daughter was dead.

So I can have empathy big difference from Downs Syndrome to Still Birth to deal with

Thankfully she is fine but we ould have accepted her no matter what.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh damn! Poor Billy! :( He's been trying so hard!
  • Options
    CrollixCrollix Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Peggy had a baby prematurely?
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic episodes. It's brilliant the way EE are raising awareness of this problem.

I don't hate Honey as i feel most parents would go through this with a Down Syndrome's child and have the different feelings.

Really sad to watch and i knew Pat realised...

8/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    can honey leave it at the hospital, where do unwanted babies go?. on this occasion for political correctiveness honey will take it back to the square, but I doubt the handicapped child will be in eastenders for the longterm.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was quite a sad episode :cry:
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Top Dog wrote:
    Oh, Honey will you shut the f*** up you ignorant cow! :mad:

Agreed. She is both rude, annoying and agressive.

At least it was a Dean free episode :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think you can really judge Honey's behaviour until you have had a down's syndrome child.
    She just needs time.
  • Options
    SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My mum's got two kids and she's exactly like Peggy was whenever she see's a new baby. Personally I think they all look the same and can't see why people want to coo over them :confused:
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lucy1983 wrote:
    I dont think you can really judge Honey's behaviour until you have had a down's syndrome child.
    She just needs time.

I can easily recognise bad manners ;)