error 300

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,674
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, has anyone recieved this error (when using sky test) + sorted it out by talking to one of the technical support on tier 3?

its an hour long queue :eek: :mad:

basically no internet connection AT all..... :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    i get this problem also, have to sit ten minutes trying to connect in the connection status menu and sky test....

load of b*ll*cks they give you a tech support of i mention LCP or CHAP....

im on hold now.... stupid idiot is telling me to turn off my computer and router... NO what does he think i do at night? (well computer anyway) doesnt help1?

then the best bit.... 'unplug your phone line'

NO IM ON THE FONE TO YOU IT WILL DISCONNECT

URGH an utter joke!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol
    i cant access the internet at all (im using my bros ntl :( )

I'm going to speak to tier 3 technitions tonight again to see whats going on!

I spoke to them today (waited 20 mins) and they said he was going to do something and check if i can conect to the internet (from their view) and confirm with mine.... i tried at 3, 6-8 nothing.....
    Forum Member
    can you tell me the number for this higher tier? im currently using the sky now, and will probably be cut off again soon...

ive now been on hold for 40 minutes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont have their direct number... basically its hard to get through to them at this time. Im on the phone with them at the moment. the only problem is im busy alot until friday (where i'm at home all day) and i really want to get this sorted before friday hopefully.

Ring sky technical support, explain to them that you cant access the internet and under 'sky test' it says error code 300..

good luck!

Has anyone else had this problem and resolved?

Edit: They will investigate further and will call me back, I told them to try home + mobile, if not no point leaving message because i need to spk to them, so i will try and contact them on friday when im free all day

They are polite :cool:
    Forum Member
    im ment to be getting a call too .....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Hi There, I'm experiencing very similar problems to you. When I spoke to first layer Tech support they too got me to do a sky test and returned error 300. I've since got through to Tier 3 support this morning, I was on hold for half an hour. The problem I have is with my local exchange and the Sky Hardware which is at fault. I'm connected to a board along with 43 other people who are experiencing the same problem.

Have a read of my post ‘Sky's Non-Technical TECHNICAL Support Line!” for more info.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I had Error code 300 yesterday. I rang the previous evening as my download speeds varied drastically, 8 meg to 49k, couldnt get put thorugh to tier 3, so was told to ring back in the morning.

Phoned in the morning, got put through to a very helpful man, who after a few tests, told me that there was a problem with my exchange, which had already been reported.

He also told me what error code 300 was, which was a problem with my pc and the exchange handshaking. The router could see the exchange, but they couldnt handshake and send an ip address back.

Was working later on that morning, but had to phone back in the evening to try and get speed variations sorted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My connection failed between 18:15 and 18:30

I called Sky and had to wait for 26 mins for Tier one support.
    Was told needed Tier 3 which would be at least another 30 mins or I could get it logged and would be called but it could take up to 2 days :(

I went for this - Did not go for this service to spend rest of life on hold on the phone.

Anyway this morning it is going again and seems to have come back at about 23:10 last nightby the router connect log.

EDIT:
    Speed better at moment - perhaps a fix or because everyone is in bed :)

Downloaded 116mb in 1min 44secs (1.12 Mb/sec)
    from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/musicandvideo/hdvideo/contentshowcase.aspx
    Automan.