Options

Virgin Mobile £10 a month 300mins 300texts

A guy who my mum worked with ages ago came into the shop today and he now works for telewest. He told her that if you are a telewest customer you can get an exclusive virgin mobile deal

300 minutes any network
300 texts

£10 a month

He said it starts on 26th Sept so we will see!

He also wrote down some information on this piece of paper and mentioned a code number which is "326" anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Options
    TAZMANUKTAZMANUK Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope this is good info as i want a better contract i will also look out for this deal, bet for that its sim card only and no phone
  • Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably better to be announced once this is actually released so can provide with the link, until then it is just a baseless rumour heard from your mum's aunt's neighbour's dog.

I am not saying you are lying but on forums it is common for many assertions to be made and so now without evidence very little is treated as fact but one can give opinions.

However if it indeed does turn out to be true and it is reasonably plausible except I wouldn't have thought these deals would be across ntl and telewest customers and would be released in a marketing blizzard with all the other offers.
  • Options
    kibblerokkibblerok Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably £10 on top of the 3 for 30 deal.... meaning you have to have the tv+bb+landline to get that for £10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True would make sense but... i bet its only a sim card deal only no phone unless its a 18 month contract
  • Options
    AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have thought that if it were being launched on 26th, there would be something on the website saying so?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep me too - but i have heard some many things on here take it with a pinch of salt now

like - speed increase i.e 4meg becomes 10 and 10 becomes 20, that was so called suppose to happen this month

line rental was to be lowered - now someone says wait till october

new code drop - supposed to be down last month, now should be tomorrow around 6:00am

virgin deal as stated in this forum on 26th - strange to launch it on a tuesday, why not fully launch on 14th feb when they get the go ahead.

voip service - wont even go there

so u see all hype
  • Options
    Mister ChristopherMister Christopher Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I appreciate your scepticism following other rumours, we *know* ntl/Telewest are launching a mobile package costing £10 (as part of a 4 for £40 deal) by the end of September, because this was announced in a press release.

http://www.ntl.com/mediacentre/press/display.asp?id=850
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesnt really say anything about the mobile deal though does it ie minutes and text allowance, just says £10.00 which could mean anything, it would be good if they was to offer 300 mins and 300 texts we will have to wait and see sounds too good to be true.

also does not state weather its just a sim deal or phone deal, those that dont have a mobile in the first place aint going to cough up money for a brand new mobile to wack in a sim chip, yes i know there is cheaper ones but if they get another network its also unblocking the phone etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I spoke to customer releations tonight to negotiate my package as I had a very attractive offer from SKY.

The Customer Relations guy was very polite and chatty,
    he also told me about the Virgin Mobile deal.

1. £10 a month (monthly contract NOT any longer)
    2. 300 anytime mins (landline or Mobile)
    3. Available to any exsisting customer
    4. Free Sim card (You can choose to buy a handset if you wish)
    5. Launches officially 1st of October but you can sign up from the 26th.
    6. you call telewst to do it, they pass a code on to virgin
    then you qualify for the deal
    Kevin
  • Options
    Mister ChristopherMister Christopher Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds like they are planning on concentrating on a sim-only package. Not a bad idea to make a play for this part of the market. It appeals to people who already have a mobile and want to save money by combining it with their ntl/telewest services, which is a market relatively untargetted by the big mobile operators.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I currently use 02, up to a 100 mins or 100 texts or a combination of both for £10 a month, but I'll prob be switching over to the Virgin deal sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    KA Kev, if you move, your minutes on virgin will not include 0845/0870, which is covered with practically all o2 plans, if this matters to you...

it's probably a cheaper version of the sim only deal you can get already[albeit with a 12 month contract...for £15 you get 300+300 and you get your virgin broadband free through bt....fiver discount and no contract is good! taking this instead of the landline is cheaper than their talk anywhere packages. i wonder if they've realised this?

if you're interested in a cheap line through virgin you could get a cheap cashback deal. last time i checked on e2save it was about a year of 200+300 for 30 quid in total after all the cashbacks...some nasty phone but you could always sell it and break even, get the year for free.

but yeah, lets see what comes out of this. :cool:
  • Options
    JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    123immy wrote:
    KA Kev, if you move, your minutes on virgin will not include 0845/0870, which is covered with practically all o2 plans, if this matters to you...

Not any more it isn't
  • Options
    Vic MackeyVic Mackey Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if you've already got a Virgin Mobile, will you be able to take up the offer and keep your number?
  • Options
    !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget that with Virgin Mobile you pay virtually the full cost of the phone, even for upgrades. So if you want a new handset every year, it's not a great deal.
  • Options
    Vic MackeyVic Mackey Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote:
    Don't forget that with Virgin Mobile you pay virtually the full cost of the phone, even for upgrades. So if you want a new handset every year, it's not a great deal.

It is if you're on Pay as You Go though, cracking deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Virgin mobile on there website has good deals at the moment anyway, i am on t-mobile and get 500 mins and 200 texts for £26.25 and contract does not run out till march 2007, i will have a nosey then to what offers they have got however its ideal for my partner which we will take the offer of the £10 300 mins and 300 texts if it is true cause i dont see any other mobile company offer than, 02 that i have stopped as i had a online account with them got 1000 texts and 200 mins for £25.00 per month
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    kmusgrave wrote:
    Not any more it isn't

well that depends... :rolleyes:

high street deals (I use the term deals loosely) are for mobile only minutes

all of the o2 online deals cover 0845/0870
  • Options
    !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bj70 wrote:
    It is if you're on Pay as You Go though, cracking deal.

Never quite worked out the appeal of pay as you go deals, but yes absolutely...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i phoned CS and asked them about this deal and they said that the information was false, again taking it with a pinch of salt from both people
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    lets just wait and see shall we and see what happens
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    i hope this is true
  • Options
    paulhgcpaulhgc Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have had a virgin phone for years so if the rumor is true it would be a cracking deal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tazman,

I can assure you that I am not telling porkies, I was suprised to see that someone had beaten me to posting
    the info, as the Customer Relations Guy seemed very sincere, and only mentioned the "deal" during the conversation regarding my services, I managed to get a price reduction of £26 on my telewest services, he asked
    if I had a Mobile phone and who it was with.

You can take this with a pinch of salt too if you wish but
    the same guy also told me that Talk weekend price was dropping to £3.99 and Talk unlimited to £9.99 apparently before the end of the year.

Anyway not long now to find out if the guy from Telewest was talking out of his backside :)

Kevin
  • Options
    paulhgcpaulhgc Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so what if we have 2 virgin mobiles in our house will we both get the deal ?