Options

Poppy.....The Ligger King

LoNDoNcaLLiNgLoNDoNcaLLiNg Posts: 1,674
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"Here's a poser: which of these two unshaven, shabbily-dressed men is being told to get a proprer job?
Surprisingly, it's not Big Brother whingerr Alex Sibley - but a harmless Big Issue seller.
Despite his own freeloader status, Alex reckoned he had the right to jab a finger at the homeless man and berate him for trying to eek out a meagre living.
The ugly scene came as prancing model Alex emerged from London's trendy chinawhite nightclub in the early hours of Sunday.
The face of Domestos was asked politely if he'd like to buy a copy of the Big Issue magazine. But bleary-eyed Alex - with a bevy of blondes and a slutry brunette in train at 3.30am - unleashed his fury on the starled, vendor.

According to one shocked onlooker, Alex raged at him to "get a proper job" and snarled; "I pay my taxes for people like you"
Then the celebrity Ligger was heard telling his victim to go elsewhere if he wanted to be 2lazy" and "beg2.
Well, sorry, but we're confused - given his own employment history,we think Alex should be heeding his own advise to the vendor; But, vacant as ever, he didn't hang around to explain what he meant by a "proper job". Presumably appearing on Blind Date counts.
As for lazy, we don't mean to be pedantic but didn't Alex achieve his fame and fortune by sitting around a house doing bugger all?
The irony wasn't lost on shocked bystanders, though, as they witnessed his tirade. One said; Alex is one of those people who is famous for beibg famous but doesn't seem to do much other then turn up at film premieres and awards dinners.
He had obvisously had a good night and there were loads of beautiful girls with him.
"You'd have thought he could have spared a few quid for this man to help him get something to eat or a bed for the night."

Apparently not.
Instead, cocky Alex hopped into a taxi with his gaggle of girls in tow, stopping only to ask photographers to make sure that they snapped his best side.
The cheek of the man!"

I bet Poppy wishes he was overseas...:D :D

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The above artical was taken from the Bitches Page in the Daily Star Newspaper today.
  • Options
    SusannSusann Posts: 31,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by LoNDoNcaLLiNg
    "Here's a poser: which of these two unshaven, shabbily-dressed men is being told to get a proprer job?
    Surprisingly, it's not Big Brother whingerr Alex Sibley - but a harmless Big Issue seller.
    Despite his own freeloader status, Alex reckoned he had the right to jab a finger at the homeless man and berate him for trying to eek out a meagre living.
    The ugly scene came as prancing model Alex emerged from London's trendy chinawhite nightclub in the early hours of Sunday.
    The face of Domestos was asked politely if he'd like to buy a copy of the Big Issue magazine. But bleary-eyed Alex - with a bevy of blondes and a slutry brunette in train at 3.30am - unleashed his fury on the starled, vendor.

According to one shocked onlooker, Alex raged at him to "get a proper job" and snarled; "I pay my taxes for people like you"
    Then the celebrity Ligger was heard telling his victim to go elsewhere if he wanted to be 2lazy" and "beg2.
    Well, sorry, but we're confused - given his own employment history,we think Alex should be heeding his own advise to the vendor; But, vacant as ever, he didn't hang around to explain what he meant by a "proper job". Presumably appearing on Blind Date counts.
    As for lazy, we don't mean to be pedantic but didn't Alex achieve his fame and fortune by sitting around a house doing bugger all?
    The irony wasn't lost on shocked bystanders, though, as they witnessed his tirade. One said; Alex is one of those people who is famous for beibg famous but doesn't seem to do much other then turn up at film premieres and awards dinners.
    He had obvisously had a good night and there were loads of beautiful girls with him.
    "You'd have thought he could have spared a few quid for this man to help him get something to eat or a bed for the night."

Apparently not.
    Instead, cocky Alex hopped into a taxi with his gaggle of girls in tow, stopping only to ask photographers to make sure that they snapped his best side.
    The cheek of the man!"

I bet Poppy wishes he was overseas...:D :D

Just out of interest London, could you please quote the source, as I note you have not done this, so a lot of us can go read the article for ourselves, before commenting on it, thank you.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The above artical was taken from the Bitches Page in the Daily Star Newspaper today.

Oh, the Daily Star. Isn't that the same reputable paper:rolleyes: that you were ranting about the other week for making remarks about Kate and stating that they take stuff out of context ,and you were saying in no uncertain terms that what nasty lies:rolleyes: :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member

.................Oh......The Bitches........those doyens of truth and accuracy !!!! `NUFF SAID.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Susann
    Just out of interest London, could you please quote the source, as I note you have not done this, so a lot of us can go read the article for ourselves, before commenting on it, thank you.:)

Susann, I know how much you were waiting for some news on Poppy and I'm sorry, :D the first bit of news about him is soooooo embarrasing.
    The artical is on the bitches page of the daily star newspaper today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susann, I know how much you were waiting for some news on Poppy and I'm sorry, :D the first bit of news about him is soooooo embarrasing.
    The artical is on the bitches page of the daily star newspaper today.

Why, is it embarrassing,am I suposed to believe what this reputable:rolleyes: rag states as the truth, if so, can I then take that what was said about Kate the other week by them to be the truth, then London:D, even though at the time you were going into a frenzy and calling them liars at the time, so whats it to be London , if you believe what they have said about Alex, then it follows that what they said about kate is true as well.:rolleyes:

Thank you, by the way for trying your best to find news items for me, but unless you do it properly in future, I will have to dispense with your services and find a more reliable source:D :D:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why, is it embarrassing,am I suposed to believe what this reputable:rolleyes: rag states as the truth, if so, can I then take that what was said about Kate the other week by them to be the truth, then London:D, even though at the time you were going into a frenzy and calling them liars at the time, so whats it to be London , if you believe what they have said about Alex, then it follows that what they said about kate is true as well.:rolleyes:

Thank you, by the way for trying your best to find news items for me, but unless you do it properly in future, I will have to dispense with your services and find a more reliable source:D :D:)

Well Susann, I was waiting for Eejay or Gandalf the link to post this gem. But they didn't.(I wonder why)
    What they said about Kate was plain for all to see rubbish..because Kate didn't look like mutton dressed as lamb.
    But when you get to see the photo that goes with the story about Poppy's nasty behavour, and their views about him being a Ligger and out of work model, you sort of believe them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if, instead of Alex in this story, it had been Kate. Would you londoncalling have believed them? None of this 'oh, but Kate wouldn't have done this' answer though. A straight yes or no to the question.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Susann, I was waiting for Eejay or Gandalf the link to post this gem. But they didn't.(I wonder why)
    What they said about Kate was plain for all to see rubbish..because Kate didn't look like mutton dressed as lamb.
    But when you get to see the photo that goes with the story about Poppy's nasty behavour, and their views about him being a Ligger and out of work model, you sort of believe them.

You mean, you sort of believe them, :D I may think kate was made up like mutton dressed as lamb:D and decide to believe that what was said about Alex was rubbish, as you are stating we can choose to believe one thing and disbelieve the other:rolleyes:

As for Gandalf and Eejay posting the link, I daresay they would have, when they found the time, but I see you just couldn,t wait:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Top Soprano
    What if, instead of Alex in this story, it had been Kate. Would you londoncalling have believed them? None of this 'oh, but Kate wouldn't have done this' answer though. A straight yes or no to the question.

Well apart from what is being reported about the attack on the big issue seller, They also say about him being a Ligger/unemployed and a whinge. So my answer is, yes. Because all that is true.
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to take everything I read in the papers with a pinch of salt (even the stuff about Kate). I have found from experience, due to a very short time of local notorioty, that most thing they print are either lies or gross exaggerations.
    But even if this story where to be true, lets look at the bare bones of what they are saying.
    Alex came out of a nightclub, with a group of women friends, having had a few drinks, he was then accosted by a total stranger asking him for money, he refused, which is his right, and then made a joke to snapping photographers before making his exit.
    If you are printing a story in The Bitches Page, it obviously has to be jazzed up a bit in order to make it Bitchy ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well apart from what is being reported about the attack on the big issue seller, They also say about him being a Ligger/unemployed and a whinge. So my answer is, yes. Because all that is true.

You were asked for a straight yes or no to that question, london, but you just couldn't manage it could you:rolleyes: :D Also how could you know it to be true.:confused: Have you inside info or is this another of your assumptions:D :)

By the way, I do believe the part about him being surrounded by beautiful girls , however, as this is understandable.:)
  • Options
    chazchaz Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    The article about Kate was subjective , ie the author(s) saying that she didnt look gr8. you can disagree and or agreewith their opinions. This case is different because they are saying that something actually happened. I would say that TCO could sue if this isnt true.
    One would like to think that if TCO behaved like that then a few disciples may leave his flock , actually come to think of it they probably wont seeing as he is SOOO georgous :rolleyes:

Another point , why bring Kate into this , she wasnt accused of harrassing a homeless person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

By the way, I do believe the part about him being surrounded by beautiful girls , however, as this is understandable.:)

Yes, and in the pic shown....one of the girls looks very concerned at Poppy's agressive finger pointing - but, as the saying goes...'When you point your finger at someone 3 of your fingers are pointing back at yourself, :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by chaz
    The article about Kate was subjective , ie the author(s) saying that she didnt look gr8. you can disagree and or agreewith their opinions. This case is different because they are saying that something actually happened. I would say that TCO could sue if this isnt true.
    One would like to think that if TCO behaved like that then a few disciples may leave his flock , actually come to think of it they probably wont seeing as he is SOOO georgous :rolleyes:

Another point , why bring Kate into this , she wasnt accused of harrassing a homeless person.

:D It would take more than an item written by the bitches Column in th daily Star of all rags, to make me leave the flock as you so put it:), wouldn't be very worthy desciples would we;).

Subjective or not, I may tend to believe what was written about Kate. The case being here, london ranting and calling them liars on one hand and praising them on the other:confused:

As you point out, in the case of kate, its there for all to see and in my opinion they were just stating the obvious, in the case of Alex, unless there were direct quotes, most of it is heresay, and even quotes can be taken out of the context in which they were made.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by chaz

Agree 100% chaz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree 100% chaz.

You manage three words here, and you couldn't manage a simple yes or no answer earlier.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES, ALEX Jan 20 2003

BIG Brother 3 star Alex Sibley hasn't exactly rushed to get a job since leaving the Channel 4 goldfish bowl last year.

The model, 23, spends his time swanning around on the celebrity circuit.

But Alex told a beggar to "get a job and stop sponging" as he left London nightspot Chinawhite at the weekend. It didn't seem to impress the Aussie beauty on his arm.

Ciixii
    Not quite so vitriolic is it! :D
    :cool: :cool: :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Ciixii

BIG Brother 3 star Alex Sibley hasn't exactly rushed to get a job since leaving the Channel 4 goldfish bowl last year.

But Alex told a beggar to "get a job and stop sponging" as he left London nightspot Chinawhite at the weekend. It didn't seem to impress the Aussie beauty on his arm.

Ciixii

As I refuse to buy a rag like the Daily Star, I have been trying to find the story online, but to no avail, its not even on the Daily Star online page as far as I can see, but I will keep searching.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You manage three words here, and you couldn't manage a simple yes or no answer earlier.:confused:

Susann

I'm not in court.....it's only an Internet forum..I can reply or not to a question. :D
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Ciixii

Even without the tabloid-speak language of the Star, TCO still doesn't come out of this very well

Looks to me like his 15 minutes of fame are going to his head !!

He'll be going around saying " Do you know who I am " next
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susann

I'm not in court.....it's only an Internet forum..I can reply or not to a question. :D

But you were asked so nicely:D
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ciixii
    Thanks Ciixii, it's just as I thought, a little bit of nothing, bitched up to fit the style of the feature :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, actually, looking at the photo in the dailystar....if you didn't know Poppy, you'd be hard pushed telling him and the Big Issue seller apart. :o
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TCO's parents, Mr & Mrs Sibley, run a Housing Association which provides affordable housing for poor people in south east London. This is a not for profit organisation

Wonder what they make of their beloved Poppy's view of the unfortunates of our society.