Options

Secret menus!

Olie undercoverOlie undercover Posts: 222
Forum Member
Apart from the classic services 401 select installers menu does any one know about some more secret menus?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope - if there was anther one would be on straight away.....:eek:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ERm, you know about the power off, hold in back up and power back on to update the software ?

PS: If you know any hidden menus for TV's let me know - Phillips in particular.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Philips Service Menu: 062596 then the "i+" key

tons of info here

;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that website address, but my Phillips set is much older than those listed there.

My set is around 5-7 years old.

The main problem is when my TV uses RGB the picture shifts to the right - so much so when watching BBC THREE - the BBC part of the logo disappears.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    wat ab out sanyo?
  • Options
    Dr.PhloxDr.Phlox Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by a morrison
    ERm, you know about the power off, hold in back up and power back on to update the software ?

PS: If you know any hidden menus for TV's let me know - Phillips in particular.

JVC TVs: Hold down "i" and "mute" on the remote.

DP.
  • Options
    davey_do_littledavey_do_little Posts: 5,365
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Eastenders
    wat ab out sanyo?

I used to have a Sanyo and managed to lock it up somehow. Anyway, sorry I haven't got the details but I contacted Sanyo and they were very helpful and told me straight away how to reset it with some sequence of presses, maybe a secret menu I'm not sure. The tv was a few years old. Maybe they are still helpful???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Any info on Amstrad? I know the installer menu thing, but that's about it. :(
  • Options
    technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ideas on menus for a Panasonic PL1? Would love to adjust (I am a Broadcast Engineer)....
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most recent Panasonic TV's enter the service mode like this:

Turn BASS to MAXIMUM
    Turn TREBLE to MINIMUM
    Press -/V button on the FRONT of the TV control panel WHILE pressing the INDEX button on the remote.

This should bring you into the service mode.

Now use RED or GREEN to go up or down thru menu options

and use YELLOW / BLUE to increase / decrease

Press STR to store your change

You must store each change one at a time, so eg.. alter the height then STR, then alter the width then STR etc...

Turn off and on again to exit menu

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ALTER... DON'T PRESS STR UNLESS YOU'RE SURE YOU WANT TO STORE THE NEW SETTING!

make notes of each setting before you alter it! the TV service mode will be in 16/9 widescreen mode only - you can't alter settings per aspect ratio so get a compromise for ALL aspect ratios.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    does anyone know of a secret menu for a bush W/S?:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    sorry ut in message totally wrong
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know the hidden menu code for Daewoo's (tv)?
    thnx
  • Options
    chilpillphilchilpillphil Posts: 2,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    any for sony ws or nnormal
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a code for Sanyo TV's I had to do this for my old Sanyo widescreen when it came set up all wrong.

Open the flap at the front of the TV and put your finger over the "Channel Up" button or "Chanel Down" button, im not sure which one it is, but it's one of those! Don't press it just yet though! Now, with your other hand, press and hold down the green fastext button on the remote control and point it at the sensor on the fornt of the TV. Now, press the channel up or down button and you will see the menu! Here you can alter the pictures settings, if you think your picture is too streched or too wide, or if you want to get rid of the thin black bars at the top and bottom of analogue broadcasts forever! Whatever you like!

To get rid of the menu, simply put the TV into standby and your settings will be saved. If you want to change them then repeat the steps above.

MAKE SURE TO WRITE DOWN ALL THE ORIGINALSETTINGS BEFORE YOU START. THERE ARE 21 DIFFERENT TWO DIGIT CODES TO REMEMBER. IF YOU MESS UP THE PICTURE YOU CAN STILL RESET IT AND DO NO DAMAGE!!! Mess about, have fun with the picture for a while! Strech analogue TV to look like 16:9 or whatever picture seting you can achieve!

Padzter :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noone knows any codes for a Philips 28" widescreen set? model number 28PW6006 by any chance?? Or a JMB 24" Widescreen set?

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about a secret menu for a Sony KV-36FS76 U!

Chris
  • Options
    NickDay85NickDay85 Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had problems wiv this set at first picture being too stretched etc.
    but to enter the service mode on this tv its as above.
    062596 i+

this will get u to a menu called SAM (dont ask me??)
    to store all settings made turn the TV in to standby mode then back on again.
    BE CAREFUL WHAT U CHANGE.....WRITE ALL ORIGINAL SETTINGS DOWN.....AND BEWARE IF THE PICTURE IS CHANGED TOO MUCH U WILL GET A SLIGHT WHISTLE WHENU FIRST POWER IT UP. FOR ABOUT A MINUTE OR SO..DONT WORRY ABOUT THIS..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Sony WEGA Reprazent!
    Anyone have codes for this?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone got any codes for a 6 year old toshiba 25 inch nicam ????

Thanks
  • Options
    Dr.PhloxDr.Phlox Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitachi C32WD2TN2 anyone?

My parents have had this for a while - the fact that "panoramic" never worked properly and that the picture is slightly rotated to the left never bothered me until now, when I spend more time there!

DP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to warn anyone on these forums deciding to mess around with the settings on their widescreen televisions. I now face a fifty euro bill for resetting my Philips because I thought the 4:3 settings were too "square".

You don't need to mess with the picture settings, kids!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to mess with everything, but I'm careful at the same time. If you write down all the settings before you start to mess with them, then anything you do to the TV can be reversed. I have fun with my Philips last night, and kept it in the new mode I created for it which gets more of the picture on screen, lovely! I still have all the original settings incase something goes wrong, and my sister has the same TV as me, so I can get the settings off her if anything goes wrong!

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know of a site where these tv codes can be found? I am having trouble with the picture on a Ferguson W7023U, so any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by daywalker
    I had problems wiv this set at first picture being too stretched etc.
    but to enter the service mode on this tv its as above.
    062596 i+

this will get u to a menu called SAM (dont ask me??)
    to store all settings made turn the TV in to standby mode then back on again.
    BE CAREFUL WHAT U CHANGE.....WRITE ALL ORIGINAL SETTINGS DOWN.....AND BEWARE IF THE PICTURE IS CHANGED TOO MUCH U WILL GET A SLIGHT WHISTLE WHENU FIRST POWER IT UP. FOR ABOUT A MINUTE OR SO..DONT WORRY ABOUT THIS..

ERRR....don't suppose there is a way to reset the TV once an idiot has fiddled about with it is there? I'm an idiot, changed a few settings and my picture is slightly trapezioid, anyone know which setting it is to change that, its gotta be one of the vertical goemetry ones!

Thanks for any help u can give