Important info for Sky+ users with AV amps

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Anyone have any codes to get new samsung av equipment working? Apparently the engineer (in my many discusions with them... regular visitors!) said that Samsung changed the frequency or something like that, that they use to control their devices... so I don't know if any of you know a code that would work for my equipment would you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    The standard sky remote allows additional TV functions to be added by pressing 'Select + yellow', keying 994, then the 'magic code', then the button to assign to.
    This doesn't appear to work with the Sky+ remote. Does anyone know of an equivalent feature for Sky+?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    why dont u buy a phillips pronto??
    u can control an endless amount of devices
    its totally customisable
    has great net support and u can get them quite cheap on e bay
    its the best thing ive ever bought

:):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    gmt steve....on the sky+ remote, press tv then the play button and this will cycle you through the tv modes- it does on my toshy
  • MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Automan

It may be worth trying http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page3.htm

His price is £24.97 inc delivery and I think he posts at the Digital Spy and thus could maybe confirm his stock is okay for this feature.

Automan.
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I don't get much time to pop in here and unless I read every thread I'm likely to miss something. So please feel free to email me with the URL if there's something I should read here!

As it's Sunday I can't check with the warehouse but Nicola told me last week that we were down to our last four SKY+ remotes! She ordered another 30 and was told "those are the last you'll get till next month". Apparently there's been quite a run on them.

I suppose any sensible marketing guru would increase his price at this point but nobody ever accused ME of being sensible. ;)

Anyway, I'm fairly sure that the 30 new Revision 4 SKY+ remotes came into stock. So they should be available for "next working day delivery" (dependent on Royal Mail strikes, of course).

If necessary, we can send by private carrier (£7.50 instead of £2.50). I know this sounds like a rip-off but that's what they charge us. We don't make a penny on the carriage.

:cry:

Thanks for your support, everyone. Do you know you'll soon be able to get extra discount by signing up as an affiliate? See
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/joint_venture.htm

Martin

Afterthought: If you want me to create a new technical info web page with SKY+ codes, just email me the details. I'll make time to do this for you. I don't have time to do all the research myself but I'm happy to upload whatever you can give me (with due credit to you and DigitalSpy of course!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Ahh
    Is that why in the irish argos catalogue the have a oneforall logo beside the sky remote control?

Digiking_irl
  • strickostricko Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Sorry guys, no new data on this one, just a plea for help.

I've done everything suggested, new v4 remote, checked websites, added 28, whatever......

..... and I still can't control a Harmon Kardon AV4500 receiver.

Anybody out there cracked this one yet !!!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I've tried all the Sony amp codes and none seem to work?

Anyone got their Sky+ remote working with their Sony-DAVS330 amp yet?

Glenn
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by pcbbc
    Some more information has come to light: The TV and AMP codes used in the Sky and Sky+ remotes are basically all the same codes as used in OneForAll remotes, just with 28 added!
    To convert from a OneForAll code to a Sky code - Add 28
    To convert from a Sky code to a OneForAll code - Subtract 28

You can look up codes on the OneForAll web site. You will need to select a model that is able to control AV Amps, for example OneForAll5, 6 or Kameleon. Note that not all the codes given are supported in my V4 Sky+ remote.

I got Sky+ installed a few days ago, and this thread looked perfect for my setup. Just thought I'd say that pcbbc's post was the key to me getting things working.

I previously was using a One For All 6 to control my devices. I couldn't get my Sky+ remote to control my Sanyo receiver. All I had to do was dig out the code I was using on my OFA remote and add 28. Works like a charm, thanks!
    Forum Member
    Hi,

First post on digitalspy. :)

The code I have used for my Denon AVR1803 receiver/amp is 1388 (1360 + 28) and performs the following functions:

Left Navigation: Puts receiver into standby but cannot bring it out of standby

Right Navigation: Turns Muting On and Off

Up Navigation: Increase Volume

Down Navigation: Decrease Volume

Rewind: Cycles through DSP effects

I will try the punch through code tonight.

Hope this helps somebody.

m03
    Forum Member
    Yup the punch through code works on my remote! :D

m03
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi, as a new member I have found so much good info here - well done all.

Got Sky+ on Friday and punch thru works on my Sherwood but no repeat on volume. Anyone cracked this yet?

Screen format (wide / 4:3 etc) works on my Tosh with play button

I am well pleased

Cheers

Dave
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Anyone got a code that works with the Sony DAVS330?

1. Turn on the AV amplifier you wish to operate, press the TV button on the SKY + remote
    2. Press and hold down the Select then the 0 (zero) buttons untill the light blinks twice
    3.Press 1086 the light should blink twice again
    4.Press the left arrow key on the Sky remote the Amp should go into standy, press the arrow key again to switch it back on.
    5.Press TV Key
    6.Hold down select and 1 until the remote's LED flashes twice
    7.Press Sky key and you should now be able to operate the volume when in the Sky mode of the remote.
    Forum Member
    works great for me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    what about a sony davs550?
    Forum Member
    try replacing the code with either 1186 or 1286 or 0186
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    tried all those codes no good i'm afraid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hello,

Just as an addition to ceeenn I have tried all those codes with the DAVS550 and can't get anything to happen! Have got a rev 4 remote but no joy, have tried the One4All +28 approach too.

If anyone can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by JoelH
    Hello,

Just as an addition to ceeenn I have tried all those codes with the DAVS550 and can't get anything to happen! Have got a rev 4 remote but no joy, have tried the One4All +28 approach too.

If anyone can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated.

Same here, except my system is the Sony HTK 25.

HELP!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I have also been on the trail for sony dav codes to try and control my S500. According to the US remote discussion boards the Oneforall devices (who manufacture the sky+ remote) simply dont have a code for the sony home theater range, which would explain why none of the codes mentioned in this site, and others, dont work.

This may be the end of the search but as a last resort I have posted a cusomer request to the oneforall support team. I will let you know their response.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Is it possible to control the volume of my Home Cinema system with the Sky+ remote for this unit? I am getting considerable earache from the Mrs because it's yet another remote control she has to find to adust the sound... I have tried the standard Goodmans codes from the Sky+ book and the one-for-all website but they don't work.

Happy New Year

Paul
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    hi all , can you use the sky+ remote to turn the sound up and down on a panasonic scht900 system. ps anyone know the code. ta much
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Thanks PCBBC the pioneer code 0382 works my Yamaha 3090.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by shaun regan
    I have also been on the trail for sony dav codes to try and control my S500. According to the US remote discussion boards the Oneforall devices (who manufacture the sky+ remote) simply dont have a code for the sony home theater range, which would explain why none of the codes mentioned in this site, and others, dont work.

This may be the end of the search but as a last resort I have posted a cusomer request to the oneforall support team. I will let you know their response.

They confirmed that the sky+ remote does not have the code I need. End of story:cry: :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I can (sadly) confirm that this Sky+ remote feature is NOT supported if you have a Videologic Digitheatre AV Amp.

I quote...

"There is no One For All remote code for our speaker systems.
    _
    Comprehensive technical notes and frequently asked questions regarding all PURE products can be found on the support pages of PURE-Digital’s website at <http://www.pure-digital.com/Support/index.asp>
    _
    Regards
    _
    Stuart Neilson
    Technical Support Engineer,
    PURE Digital (formerly VideoLogic Systems)
    Imagination Technologies
    Home Park Estate,
    Kings Langley,
    Herts,
    WD4 8LZ,
    Website: www.pure-digital.com E-mail: support@pure-digital.com
    Tech Support +44 (0)1923 277477"

:(:(:cry: