Sectarian Cameron

DigiUKDigiUK Posts: 778
Forum Member
✭✭
Originally posted by bigmadmental
Did anyone just catch Cameron whistling the first few bars of the sash while sowing his Irish shamrock thingy? Being from Glasgow I'm very familar with the Orange anthem and I know the islanders are very bigoted when it comes to catholism. Could he be having a go at this task and Ray?

What a bigotted idiot!!!

Being from Ireland, I too am very familiar with the Orange Anthem, and it's a song played by the Orange Order (an organisation founded to defend Protestantism in Ireland). It is totally clear that Camerons whistling of this particular tune at this particular time was strongly sectarian.

I thought this deserved a thread of its own, so we can discuss yet another flaw to this evil man. :mad:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being from just outside Glasgow then I also agree, there is no way to justify sectarianism. While Cam did nothing wrong in my eyes before, this is inexcusable. Any form of bigotry should be neither tolerated not spread.

Guess I'm anti-Cam now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup just lost me too

whilst i am of no religion there is no excuse whatsoever for that and he should be asked by BB to leave.
  • matt.bmatt.b Posts: 8,815
    Forum Member
    urghs i have the orange goblins walking under my window every summer :mad: and they get police protection .. :confused: bigots the lot of them ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG!!! I didn't hear it myself but if what you are saying is true then I'm shocked :eek:

I can't think of anything sensible to say right now so I'm going to just slope off for a while.....
  • David McHDavid McH Posts: 3,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Boo Pires
    OMG!!! I didn't hear it myself but if what you are saying is true then I'm shocked :eek:

I can't think of anything sensible to say right now so I'm going to just slope off for a while.....

Yes it is true I heard it as well and couldn't believe it I had to rewind my tape just to make sure. Although it probably won't be seen tonight on C4 instead we shall have 10 mins of Lisa staring into space.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm from Northern Ireland and I'd like to point out that the majority of people who live in this country wouldn't be offended by someone whistling 'The Sash'.

This Saturday's the Twelfth Of July so I daresay I'll be hearing the song quite a bit over the weekend - but then I guess I'm just a bigot for not being ashamed of my heritage.

Now I'm no Cameron fan, but whistling 'The Sash' while he's sewing a shamrock tells me the guy does have a sense of humour buried in there after all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK - just saw the posts that were added while I was typing. I'll spell this out for you all.

I'm offended by your attitudes towards the heritage of my country. You are displaying the sort of bigotry you accuse Cameron of without knowing an awful lot about what you're discussing.
  • DigiUKDigiUK Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by Edna
    Well I'm from Northern Ireland and I'd like to point out that the majority of people who live in this country wouldn't be offended by someone whistling 'The Sash'.

Yea, because 53% of the people are Protestant, but thats why theres been civil war this past 30 years.
    Now I'm no Cameron fan, but whistling 'The Sash' while he's sewing a shamrock tells me the guy does have a sense of humour buried in there after all.

Sense of humour? Don't think so...
    Forum Member

This Saturday's the Twelfth Of July so I daresay I'll be hearing the song quite a bit over the weekend - but then I guess I'm just a bigot for not being ashamed of my heritage.

:rolleyes: :confused:

surely the sash itself should be banned

wonder what would have happened if they had a justine jewish day and alex would have started the "Horst Wessel Song".

Sure 60 years ago they would have had no problem with that in Germany. Doesnt make it right the sectarian faschism
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'll add that the sort of attitude being displayed here is why the Protestant community in Ulster can be perceived as paranoid about how our culture and heritage would be suppressed and eroded under a united Ireland.
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *snip*

so it's allright if you just offend the "minority" is it?
    call me naive, but surely whistling a sectarian song will offend some people?
    when paul gascoigne did his "flute" routine at an old firm game the press had a field day, and he was made to apologise...
    sorry, there's just no excuse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Is this the first time Cameron has whistled this ? I seem to remember someone mentioning it before. I have no personal experience to bring to this, but I want to add that sectarianism has been a blight and abomination for too long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matt... alex?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what he did was wrong no matter what religion you are, this is not a cam hating thing as anyone can see by previous posts i wanted him to win.

It's wrong, BB sould be made aware of it and he should be removed from the house
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been no civil war in my country. Just terrorist attacks carried out by cowards who have murdered women and children.

And as whether or not the British have any right to be here Matt, I'll point out I am a British citizen and hold a British passport. I have every right to live in my country thank you.
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by skazza
    matt... alex?:D

well someone half-german :) :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so it's allright if you just offend the "minority" is it?
    call me naive, but surely whistling a sectarian song will offend some people?
    when paul gascoigne did his "flute" routine at an old firm game the press had a field day, and he was made to apologise...
    sorry, there's just no excuse.

That's rich coming from someone posting from Bradford. What do you know about my country except what you've seen on the news? Check your facts before you hurl criticisms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh... i see :confused:
  • HammyHammy Posts: 4,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by matt.b
    urghs i have the orange goblins walking under my window every summer :mad: and they get police protection . :confused: bigots the lot of them ...

Last year they had their first march in the grantite city for years, against a public outcry and a council ban, they took the council to court and were allowed to march plus got compensation (B*******). They marched with police protection, but there was still some trouble.

This year they have tried to march again, but lucky they picked a day when there was other things on, so the police told them they couldn't cover the march, so they cancelled. Shame really, i would have loved to see them march without police protection. :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by ***Angel***
    what he did was wrong no matter what religion you are, this is not a cam hating thing as anyone can see by previous posts i wanted him to win.

It's wrong, BB sould be made aware of it and he should be removed from the house

It's not wrong. Complain to BB if you want and I'll guarantee there'll be one hell of an outcry from Northern Ireland viewers.
    Forum Member
    oh... i see :confused:

yapp
    tut mir leid :) did I mention i lived there in Deutschland :) they are actually quite nice :eek: these days :)

Ich liebe dich :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's rich coming from someone posting from Bradford. What do you know about my country except what you've seen on the news? Check your facts before you hurl criticisms.

why is it "rich"
    what do you know about me?
    what do you know about bradford?
    the facts are that if he whistled a protestant anthem then i expect that some catholics would be offended...
    or have i got this totally wrong??
  • DigiUKDigiUK Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I should change my original post to say Orange Order - defending protestant supremacy. You cannot deny that the Orange Order are at the root of the trouble in the six counties and now it seems sadly Scotland. The days of this organisation akin to the KKK are over.

But we shouldnt talk politics in this thread :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Hammy
    Last year they had their first march in the grantite city for years, against a public outcry and a council ban, they took the council to court and were allowed to march plus got compensation (B*******). They marched with police protection, but there was still some trouble.

This year they have tried to march again, but lucky they picked a day when there was other things on, so the police told them they couldn't cover the march, so they cancelled. Shame really, i would have loved to see them march without police protection. :eek: :D

No, I think you're the bigot. It's a shame that on a forum where I assumed people were reasonably intelligent I'm encountering such blinkered hatred with regards to the culture of another country. Shame on the lot of you.
    Forum Member

talking about christianity, how can protestants and catholocs fight. Hypocracy to the nth degree. Dont dare to call yourself christian.. were is love there .. ? Just a thought :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.