Options

Pace OnDigital DTR730 parental code

flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
Forum Member
I've just inheritted an old Pace DTR730 OnDigi box. I have a couple of questions as i don't have any instructions...

There is the option to 'store channels' what does this do? Why does it require the Parental Code?

What is the Parental Code? I've tried 1234, 0000 and a few more but i'm a little worried that the box will cease up on me.

Is there anywhere i can down load the instructions for this box?

Is there anyway to remove the old channels from the channel list such as Sky One and the others.

The signal seems to break up every time a pigeon lands on my aerial. does anyone know where i can purchace an effective scarecrow? :)

Oh what's the difference between composite and rgb? (I'm joking here i know the difference, i just thought that you guys must get jerked off with people asking that all the time.;) ) But in actual fact i do have an RGB question: Does anyone else find with this box find that the RGB picture is a bit dull. Or is it just my wonkey TV.

Is there anything i can do with the RS232 port, i have a cable and i've never found a use for it?

Hope you can help.

Comments

• Options
    abennabenn Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Just remove the smart card and throw it away. It is no longer required as all channels are now free to air (FTA).

You will then be able to do a Store channels without needing to enter a parental code. Store channels will delete all old channels and re-scan and store all current channels.

RGB is the higher quality but on some TVs it does appear dull, so just use composite.

You cannot do anything with the RS232 port.

Hope this helps,

abenn :)
  • Options
    andyhurleyandyhurley Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by flagpole
    I've just inheritted an old Pace DTR730 OnDigi box. I have a couple of questions as i don't have any instructions...

There is the option to 'store channels' what does this do? Why does it require the Parental Code?

This option is the one to reload all the channels, Add Channels will only add new channels but won't remove old ones that are no longer broadcasting. It requires the parental code (if one has been set) as it destroys the information about locked channels and would otherwise be an easy way for little Johnny to see the naughty stuff.
    What is the Parental Code? I've tried 1234, 0000 and a few more but i'm a little worried that the box will cease up on me.

The Parental code is a security system which requires you to enter a code to watched locked channels and before you can store channels. The default code is 4 digits taken from the smart card number (the first 4 of the last 6 digits, if memory serves me).

The parental code is stored on the smart card so if you remove the card it won't ask for a code any more (a bit of a simple work around for little Johnny, but that's the way it was.) The smart card is no longer needed (since the demise of ITVdigital) so, unless you want to use the parental lock feature, remove the smart card.

I'm not aware of a downloadable manual for this model but there was one on the Philips site for their 6371 which has the same menus.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Thanks that is a great help...

Consider the smart card thrown away.

It's against my religion to use composite, so it looks like i'm gonna have to turn up the colour on my TV

:):):)