✭✭
Poor David. What a stitch up.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why poor David?
    Lemar and David have had alot longer practising their song than Ainslie and Sinead who still dont know if they are singing Satisfaction on Friday.
    The fact is Ainslie and Sinead had fun and looked like they were enjoying themselves and you are just suffering from sour grapes syndrome.
    Even David isnt bothered so why are you ???
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    I think David has been doing quite well - I would have liked him to go weeks ago but he seems to be very popular - Well done David -

Anyway - I don't think the song they do has any baring on it at this stage -
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually this is the first time I have enjoyed David singing. I thought he and Lemar worked well together.

What probably won it for Ainslie and Sinead (apart from the fact that it was a lively performance) was Lemar and David mugging it up on camera in the background. They knew that Ainslie and Sinead would be able to see what they were doing.

I loved the way Lemar pretended to be Vanessa interviewing Jo, it shows he can be funny when he wants to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by mini
    Actually this is the first time I have enjoyed David singing. I thought he and Lemar worked well together.

What probably won it for Ainslie and Sinead (apart from the fact that it was a lively performance) was Lemar and David mugging it up on camera in the background. They knew that Ainslie and Sinead would be able to see what they were doing.

I loved the way Lemar pretended to be Vanessa interviewing Jo, it shows he can be funny when he wants to.

I thought David was brilliant singing that song... definitely giving lemar a run for his money in the soulboy stakes...
  • Options
    hendohendo Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by Mesostim
    I think David has been doing quite well - I would have liked him to go weeks ago but he seems to be very popular - Well done David -

Anyway - I don't think the song they do has any baring on it at this stage -

I don't believe you believe that
  • Options
    misterpartridgemisterpartridge Posts: 3,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they toying with him? You keep complaining about how we're putting you into a box, so let's hear you sing a song about the music industry putting an artist into a box - someone else's song, of course. I can see how this song worked as Robbie's first single - that was a truly postmodern move - but how is anyone at home going to relate this story to David, really?

Getting him to sing the lines

"Went back home got a brand new face
    For the boys at MTV"

is surely a brilliant way to make him seem arrogant. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Freedom a post-fame song?
  • Options
    hendohendo Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by misterpartridge
    Are they toying with him? You keep complaining about how we're putting you into a box, so let's hear you sing a song about the music industry putting an artist into a box - someone else's song, of course. I can see how this song worked as Robbie's first single - that was a truly postmodern move - but how is anyone at home going to relate this story to David, really?

Getting him to sing the lines

"Went back home got a brand new face
    For the boys at MTV"

is surely a brilliant way to make him seem arrogant. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Freedom a post-fame song?
    And I think only an establisged megastar could make it a hit.
  • Options
    misterpartridgemisterpartridge Posts: 3,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just struck me - Freedom is quite an apt number for Fame Academy. The producers are certainly living by the chorus, aren't they? Sing along with me:

"All we have to do now
    Is take these lies and make them true somehow..."

;)