Options

"Press Green to add to your planner" functionality is coming

rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From early 2006, Sky will be launching a new service. When you see a promotion for an upcoming programme, a green icon will appear on screen. If you press the green button, the programme will then be added to your Personal Planner or if you have Sky+ it will add it to your Sky+ Planner. The feature will also support Series Link so once you have added it once, you won't need to add it again.

Source: Insider info (I work within television)

Comments

• Options
    digitalsatmandigitalsatman Posts: 7,057
    Forum Member
    Wow! But 'early 2006' is when version 4 comes out, so do you think that it will be integrated?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds Great!
  • Options
    superman775superman775 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it sounds a wonderful idea i hope it comes out wit the v4 upgrade we get. can't wait till it comes out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    rewind wrote:
    From early 2006, Sky will be launching a new service. When you see a promotion for an upcoming programme, a green icon will appear on screen. If you press the green button, the programme will then be added to your Personal Planner or if you have Sky+ it will add it to your Sky+ Planner. The feature will also support Series Link so once you have added it once, you won't need to add it again.

That sounds very familiar to a post that was put on here yesterday!

And the service is not starting in early 2006 so people dont get your hopes up! Rewind is telling porkies.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=317027

Look at the link above. Who posted it? Ohh it was me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually within a television wow, it must be cramped.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    oh god I hope not! Press Red is annoying enough!
  • Options
    superman775superman775 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    press the green button will it be on sky plus as well or only normal sky digital?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same way Tivo works in the US on certain channels... if there's a promo for something that's interesting you press a button and it adds an SP for it. It's a neat idea.. I can't see the use for normal Sky though (does that even have a planner? Don't think mine does but then I've never looked) - it'll be a Sky+ thing.
  • Options
    james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rewind wrote:

Good morning to you all.

This feature is long overdue. Good to see that it will possibly arrive sometime in 06.

Supported by series link sounds good, however if being added to your Sky+ planner, I wonder if it will automatically be set to record.

If yes, it will be interesting to see how it handles recording clashes.

New bugs anyone......... ;)

Regards James
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume clashes will be handled the way they are now... don't have Sky+ but I imagine it works a bit like tivo - gives you the option to make one of the SPs higher or lower priority, and records the lower priority one when it's repeated.
  • Options
    StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
    Forum Member
    This would be fantastic for me. I always see things i want to record during advert breaks, but decide to wait until the end of the show to set my Sky + to record. :)

I take it this would only work when your watching something 'live' and not on playback? :confused:
  • Options
    Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rewind wrote:

What really irks me about this is My missus
    (hereinafter referred to as the gaffer)
    Spoke to Sky, Two years ago about this same thing!
    Will she get credited for it???
    Will she chuff.
    :( Why didn't I have the good idea? :(
  • Options
    Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
    Forum Member

And the service is not starting in early 2006 so people dont get your hopes up! Rewind is telling porkies.

rewind is normally right. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The feature actually went live in November 2005 - i.e. the software is already in the boxes. It's just no broadcaster is using it yet. I would imagine Sky will be the first ones to use it, probably followed by the BBC. It does require each broadcaster to make changes to their transmission methods and also incurs a cost to them. I would imagine Sky would want to push it though as it is a good selling point for Sky+.

Some further information for you:

* It will be able to be used on promotions advertising programmes 4 weeks away
    * If the programme moves in the schedule, the entry in the planner will also move (as it just gets the data from Sky Guide)
    * It is compatible with both Sky Digital and Sky+
    * Promotions need to be at least 30" in length to use it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rewind is normally right. ;)

Thank you. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    About blummin time. Hope it works as well as I hope it does, I'm fed up of forgetting about programmes I want to add to the planner