Options

Strange Widescreen format on ITV Meridian with Sky+

cjgperscjgpers Posts: 1,768
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm seeing a very strange widescreen format effect on ITV Meridian. Only on this region, I've checked ITV Grampian and don't see the problem.

My Digibox (Sky+) is set to 16:9 format. When the ITV picture is in 4:3, my Panasonic widescreen TV seems to detect something that switches it into a Wide zoom mode, even thought there are no black borders. Even stranger, it shifts the whole picture down, cutting off the bottom of the picture (about half the S&S Banner), and revealing various white dots/dashes at the top of the screen. When it goes to adverts (in 16:9), it correctly switches to anamorphic 16:9.

Are ITV perhaps experimenting with different switching flags, or have they just got it wrong. Is anyone else seeing this effect on ITV Meridian or any other ITV regions?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One other observation, if I pause playback on Sky+, the picture switches back to a normal 4:3 display. Perhaps this is a bug introduced with the new Sky+ software?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on posts in this thread this appears to be a broadcast problem by ITV Meridian. Can anyone confirm if this happens on a non-Sky+ digibox?
  • Options
    Bob the busBob the bus Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I was watching Meridian SE at lunchtime on a Pace STB had no problems.
    They were transmitting in 4:3 adverts as normal in 16:9
    Bob