Options

The Great Chav Debate

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
Forum Member
I don't know why but I wanted to start a thread on the increase in chav culture. Discuss your views here (or if you're a chav at the BBC Teens message board)

Comments

• Options
    pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney Spears got married in tracksuit bottoms. Surely, the ultimate in chav!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,555
    Forum Member

apart from the fact that I don't own a track suit, I would do this too if I felt like it. Marriage is just an archaic institution and if people choose to still observe it it should be for romance and fun, and it seems to me that those two things were on Brit's agenda even if a frothy gown was not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    someone tell me what a chav is again?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    someone tell me what a chav is again?

Just another stupid modern term for the age old, arrogant loud mouthed git. Same shit, different word.
  • Options
    nffcnffc Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.chavscum.co.uk

innit wikid, bangin txt txt lol lol lol check it i wnt 2 txt on dgtl spy innit :rolleyes:

Chavs suck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chavs are pretty much a nationwide version of the North East 'charver' :P
  • Options
    torreviejaladstorreviejalads Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you really want to know what chav's are check out this or here
  • Options
    pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maimou wrote:
    If people choose to still observe it it should be for romance and fun, and it seems to me that those two things were on Brit's agenda even if a frothy gown was not.
    Maybe it should only be for romance and fun but nonetheless most non-chav women I know have been pretty much planning their wedding since the age of 5 - a huge ceremony, with a gorgeous white dress, and all the works. If I told my girlfriend I wanted her to wear tracksuit bottoms if we got married, I think that would pretty much be the last thing I ever said to her!

Only a chav would see it fit to get married in exactly the same clothes they go to the gym in - I wouldn't even go to work in tracksuit bottoms, let alone get married in them.

And she's already been briefly married once. Wasn't it a Las Vegas ceremony? She just screams "chav chav chav".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe it should only be for romance and fun but nonetheless most non-chav women I know have been pretty much planning their wedding since the age of 5 - a huge ceremony, with a gorgeous white dress, and all the works. If I told my girlfriend I wanted her to wear tracksuit bottoms if we got married, I think that would pretty much be the last thing I ever said to her!

QUOTE]
    I'm probably not what you would class as a chav, however that thing about planning a wedding since the age of 5 is way off the mark for a lot of women these days. We're not all so conservative.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No she didn't. They got married in formal wear and changed into track suits afterwards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chav = scum = get rid!
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she didn't. They got married in formal wear and changed into track suits afterwards.

well that makes it alright then, ignoring the fact all the guests had to wear tracksuits with either maids (female guests) or pimp 9male guests). Now thats classy. lol
  • Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jumpy wrote:
    Chav = scum = get rid!

Chav = Trisha
    Her 'bootcamp' idea IS the ultimate in chavness :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chav = Trisha
    Her 'bootcamp' idea IS the ultimate in chavness :D

Bootcamp idea? Oh please tell! I haven't seen Trisha since I had a week off too look after my family!

If it is what all the Americans doing to their chavs...bring it on! Humilation all the way for scum like this!
  • Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to turn it off, it was sooooo bad. Kids with absolutely no imagination outside the gang culture, pushed in some way by their parent(s), onto ChavTV, to participate in some LadsArmy style parade manoeuvres, by a vocal army dreamer.

The cheapness of the whole thing was blatantly apparent, but appropriate for the show.
  • Options
    Big_Bro_ManBig_Bro_Man Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jumpy wrote:
    Chav = scum = get rid!
    Let our countryside folk hunt them instead of foxes! Yey! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maimou wrote:
    apart from the fact that I don't own a track suit, I would do this too if I felt like it. Marriage is just an archaic institution and if people choose to still observe it it should be for romance and fun, and it seems to me that those two things were on Brit's agenda even if a frothy gown was not.
    :confused:
    Marriage is a binding contract making the parties financially and legally responsible for each other until death or divorce do them part. Romance and fun are not the first prerequisites which come to MY mind when I'm choosing my new next-of-kin and signing up to pay off all their credit cards!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pushka wrote:
    :confused:
    Marriage is a binding contract making the parties financially and legally responsible for each other until death or divorce do them part. Romance and fun are not the first prerequisites which come to MY mind when I'm choosing my new next-of-kin and signing up to pay off all their credit cards!

ok fair point, I just don't think that you have to get married to commit yourself to and share responsibility with another person. The marriage itself is a contract but the wedding is just a silly party which probably only means a great deal to you if you are deeply religious. I don't think commiting yourself to somone is archaic, but getting all het up because someone wants to marry in tracksuit and trainers is sheer conservative snobbery.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let our countryside folk hunt them instead of foxes! Yey! :D
    Some of the countryside folk really showed themselves to be true gentlemen and women at the recent protest, didn't they? Is there a derogatory label for those type of people too? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starship54 wrote:
    Some of the countryside folk really showed themselves to be true gentlemen and women at the recent protest, didn't they? Is there a derogatory label for those type of people too? :rolleyes:
    Oh yes, yobs in disguise :D
  • Options
    dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, yobs in disguise :D
    One would suggest that those at the protest were not really yobs in disguise, more like just plain old yobs.

Bunch of tossers, I say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodgygeeza wrote:
    One would suggest that those at the protest were not really yobs in disguise, more like just plain old yobs.

Bunch of tossers, I say.
    Scum the are yes, but i find it bizarre how people love to bash *them* rather than football hooligans, who's antics are allowed to pass without even a mention.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    You must see this. It raises some very true points including how they walk around with their hands down their tracksuits.
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJ_Hedley wrote:
    Chavs are pretty much a nationwide version of the North East 'charver' :P

NO IT'S NOT !!!!!!!

The word in Central Scotland is "ned", and in Manchester and around it's "scally".I've heard there's a fair few other variations like "Kevs" also.

Who suddenly authorised it as "nationwide" ?

Don't assume.

G