Options

Finally! New look BBCi comes to Freeview.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
Forum Member
The new-look BBCi has just appeared on all BBC channels. It includes a new black, white and red bridge on BBC ONE, BBC TWO and NEWS 24, with customised 'cartoon' bridges on CBBC and Cbeebies. I've noticed on my Sony box that the red 'highlight' on the bridge moves instantly now, as does the main index - previously it had lagged somewhat.

701 and 702 haven't been updated yet though.

I can't get any screen shots, but maybe someone else can.

Comments

• Options
    PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they would bring more content instead of just a facelift every 6 months
  • Options
    digipersondigiperson Posts: 4,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good, CBeebies Games still has old logo, and so does 701 and 702. Everything else is updated with the new bar along the bottom, including Multiscreens and Channel 51 looks good too.

digiperson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know. I would kill to have local cinema listings. Having access to headlines and weather in the bridge would be great too.
  • Options
    BoinngBoinng Posts: 5,752
    Forum Member
    paulsalter wrote:
    I wish they would bring more content instead of just a facelift every 6 months

Agreed, all the cosmetic tweaking is getting silly now. In spite of it all, it's still the poor cousin of Ceefax, not a worthy successor.

Every single page of Ceefax needs to be replicated in full on BBCi - once they've got that done, they can start playing with the colour scheme again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have to say, I absolutely HATE the new weather map colours. What the hell was wrong with green?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    701 and 702 have now changed also: dark red with a spotty red pattern 1/3 of the way down. The new BBCi logo is also there at the top. Looks like it's the same as was spotted at the weekend before an interactive service.

701/702 screenshots in this thread.
  • Options
    PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boinng wrote:
    Agreed, all the cosmetic tweaking is getting silly now. In spite of it all, it's still the poor cousin of Ceefax, not a worthy successor.

Every single page of Ceefax needs to be replicated in full on BBCi - once they've got that done, they can start playing with the colour scheme again.

I am still not sure whether I prefer the satleite look of BBCi over Freeview, full screen picture with an overlay is quite nice

For me though

They should standardise BBCi over all platfforms, instead of most of the Freeview version being the same as its always been

Also with all the talk of analogue swith off, shouldnt they be getting all the content on the service and also promoting it during programmes instead of putting Ceefax page xxx put Digital viewers go to BBCi page xxx, or use both

However nice they make it look, if the information is only available on Ceefax then thats what people will use
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gking wrote:
    I have to say, I absolutely HATE the new weather map colours. What the hell was wrong with green?

I don't "Hate" it at all - It's different agreed but it is the usual old format for a landmass in a BBC News map.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    Has anyone got a screen shot i could see cos i can't go on bbci my sister is watching something
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshots here - http://www.t**************/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15357

Replace stars with tv forum .co.uk [no spaces]

digiperson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cheers for the screen shots it looks really good better than before
  • Options
    BoolianBoolian Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBeebies has changed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hows it changed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They probably meant the bridge, yes, look at the CBBC one as well.

digiperson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yer i just looked at the cbbc one lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also note BBC PARLIAMENT is still the same.

digiperson
  • Options
    paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At last they've updated BBCi after about two years. :)
    The new look looks good - shame they don't have Programme names on it anymore though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digiperson wrote:
    Also note BBC PARLIAMENT is still the same.

digiperson

No, that's just changed now as well!

Mark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrstottie wrote:
    No, that's just changed now as well!

Mark.

Oh, cool, maybe they're reading this thread, eh? ;)

That's a joke BTW, I'm sure it was co-incidental. They're doing a good job at BBCi, it's not as simple as some may think.

digiperson
  • Options
    steveboswellsteveboswell Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too keen on the new 'fastext'-style buttons along the bottom... the white looks a bit iffy, and has the bottom bar got taller? It looks like it's taking up more of the screen to me.

Despite that, the new bridges look great - the black scheme works much better and is far easier to read than the old garish BBC ONE red! The Weather section looks better, but the maps are a strange colour choice!

Bozz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last thing to update with the new look (or even just the logo) is the actual CBeebies games on 703, the main CBeebies menu is already updated.

digiperson
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im loving the new look here, i find it a bit faster than before though (im using a pace twin btw :D )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is the index menu so slow :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yer i want to know that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's changed. You now zip down the left a lot quicker than before.