Options

maxtor amset utility whereabouts?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
Forum Member
I've been preparing to upgrade my Sky+ box... I've followed the instructions to get hol dof powermax & wvset utilities but the link to get amset is broken.

I've searched the maxtor site but no joy (it isn't the easiest site to navigate, at least, not when you're trying to get a specific like amset downloaded)

Has anyone any suggestions? I'd be more than happy to receive an e-mail with amset attached, if no other options can be suggested.

Cheers

Bill

Comments

• Options
    Tenacious PeeTenacious Pee Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi i posted about this just last night,

(no search function can be bl**dy annoying)

Anyway

Go Here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    If you are looking for the softwere for your Sky plus upgrade I have it on CD. Please let me know with an email and your address I will then gladly post it on for a small donation.

Thanks Patrick
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its bloomin tiny... The Maxtor host seems to be down? If someone emailed me a copy I would gladly host it temporarly on the web for download! (I have no requirement for the utility myself)

Tim
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    http://www.amset.50megs.com/

This is using a freebie hosting service so if anyone can mirror the file on a more permanent basis, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

I'm not sure that this is the latest version - it is a self-extracting zip and the amset.exe file dates to 2003 although I have used it on four Maxtor disks before without any problems.

Thanks

Gavin
  • Options
    LoobsterLoobster Posts: 11,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spark37 wrote:
    If you are looking for the softwere for your Sky plus upgrade I have it on CD. Please let me know with an email and your address I will then gladly post it on for a small donation.

Thanks Patrick

This utility is free from the manufacturer, so for you to charge for it is illegal, not to mention contrary to the rules for use of this forum.

--Loob.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Loobster wrote:
    This utility is free from the manufacturer, so for you to charge for it is illegal, not to mention contrary to the rules for use of this forum.

--Loob.

The utility may be free, but the cost of a blank CD and postage are not, so I don't see what the problem is with asking for a small donation to cover costs.

Personally I would just ask for a download link, as the OP did!

Michael
  • Options
    LoobsterLoobster Posts: 11,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough. But to give people a choice, here are some links:

amset

aamset

Link to thread with Pingu's download for bootable DVD with Maxtor utils

--Loob.