Options

Where can I get a Bush IDaptor? (merged)

SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Bush IDaptor

Not mentioned at all on the bush website

Comments

• Options
    Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    Out of interest, what is this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The smallest DTT adaptor availiable. About the size of a computer mouse
  • Options
    Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    I can't find any reference to one at all on Google. Which is weird.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    I can't find any reference to one at all on Google. Which is weird.

I found this using Yahoo! Look near the bottom of the page:

http://www.redferret.net/?p=5505
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's about upcoming products. So it isn't out yet. That's why you can't buy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wotsat says its out now for £60

EDIT: 300 posts YAY :):D :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :p :cool: :yawn: :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,768
    Forum Member
    Followed the links but get nowhere - how do you control it ?

Presumably with a remote - and therefore it must have an 'eye' lead as 'remotes'* wouldn't get to the back of the telly easily ?

* there was a funny sketch by Paul Hogan about how remote controls worked - by floodding the room with 'remotes' that find their way to the TV set and operate it for you.

There should be a similar device with an RF out built as a lump in the aerial cable for older TVs.

This sort of box is a lot easier to connect than other boxes - just plug in your aerial into it and its aerial lead into your TV - and it can sit by/under/over your TV as the InfraRed 'eye' - the scart type box should be similar with a built in SCART lead rather than a plug (IMHO) - otherwise you will have too many leads trailing all over the place - remember there will be a power supply lead as well ! - unless it can get power via the SCART socket (??)
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Followed the links but get nowhere - how do you control it ?

Presumably with a remote - and therefore it must have an 'eye' lead as 'remotes'* wouldn't get to the back of the telly easily ?

* there was a funny sketch by Paul Hogan about how remote controls worked - by floodding the room with 'remotes' that find their way to the TV set and operate it for you.

Must be. Wouldn't it be a bit heavy for the SCART? Good spacesaver tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Must be. Wouldn't it be a bit heavy for the SCART? Good spacesaver tho.
    Not quite what you are saying but on from my last post edit about making it a small box with a built in SCART cable - I forgot that the ONnet box was a pain because the SCARTS in the back kept dragging it over the back of our pile of boxes below the TV - the 'STB' needs to be a solid chunk of metal with a ribbon SCART cable - to cut the weight and stop this problem - or perhaps just have an 'Eye' as they have done (??) !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres the full Wotsat article

Bush plugs into DTT

A pocket sized plug and play Freeview adapter heads the new product lineup this autumn.

The compact iDaptor is a scart adaptor fitted with a digital terrestrial tuner that plugs directly into the back of your TV.

It comes with an aerial input and a remote eye for controlling the device, and can be mounted vertically (using the L shaped adaptor) as well as horizontally. It is availiable now, costing around £60
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    This article says you'll be able to buy it from Argos, when it's available:

http://www.stuffmagazine.co.uk/hotstuffarticle.asp?de_id=342
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    remember there will be a power supply lead as well ! - unless it can get power via the SCART socket (??)
    It wouldn't be the only device to be powered by a SCART socket. The PhantomPLUS PVR, a device that plugs into the SCART socket on the back of STB's and controls VCR's using IR, takes all its power in this way. However, that probably doesn't use 7 to 12 watts like an STB. MHEG/interactivity is not mentioned, so maybe the device is very slimmed down to reduce the power consumption?

Gdave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A german company called Technotrend seem to have an identical product on their website here. Many Technotrend products have been rebadged in the past for sale in the UK market (by Hauppauge as the DEC-1000T,1100T, 2000T, old Nova-t pci and USB, also Packard Bell and Audioline). Also 99 euros is fairly close to sixty pounds.

Gdave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Gdave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Important to add that it seems uncertain whether or not the IDaptor has an external power supply. I tried to translate the Technotrend site and the words 'power block' leapt out at me, but I couldn't tell whether it was trying to say that it did or didn't have one.

Gdave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There is a pdf flyer in English with the technotrend thingy (click on the postage stamp and it will download)...

It has a separate power supply
    It supports just about everything (even QPSK !) OAUs*, VHF, RGB, EPG, 8K and multiple GIs - they mention Teletext but not MHEG - but say its a pan-european design.

Looks good ! - especially if the spec is accurate.

* Update-Over-Air ability as they say
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I must agree that it is quite neat, despite the external power brick. One thing I haven't seen mentioned before in a receiver specification is the active aerial support. This means that the reciever can power a small amplifier built into the aerial using a low voltage DC current (5V 30mA in this case) fed up the coax cable. One DTG publication mentioned this being used for a few receivers in other european countries, but didn't mention any UK boxes supporting this.

EDIT: Found quote somewhere that Hauppauge DEC 2000T supports 100mA active aerial (also manufactured by Technotrend).

Gdave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gdave wrote:
    I must agree that it is quite neat, despite the external power brick. One thing I haven't seen mentioned before in a receiver specification is the active aerial support. This means that the reciever can power a small amplifier built into the aerial using a low voltage DC current (5V 30mA in this case) fed up the coax cable. One DTG publication mentioned this being used for a few receivers in other european countries, but didn't mention any UK boxes supporting this.

EDIT: Found quote somewhere that Hauppauge DEC 2000T supports 100mA active aerial (also manufactured by Technotrend).

Gdave
    Does that mean if I got one I could free up the plug used by my arial power unit (that powers the boster that is installed on the outside of my house)? By Power Brick you mean transformer right?
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look good. It really is an "adaptor".

Question, does it just provide DTT to the tv and drop the analougue feed - like the old Pace unit?

Dave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will unfortunatly be 3 boxes instead of one (IR, addapter and transformer) and IR blocks tend to look hidious. You'd also need to have a compleatly free SCART socket so if you have a cheap TV there'd be a 4th box that is the scart splitter and so in total it would be little smaller than one of the titchy boxes like my DTI 1000 - how would you VCR it either?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I need a wife friendly freeview box for the LCD TV in my kitchen.
    Anybody know which is the smallest STB on the market (that is any good) ?
  • Options
    freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.goodmansdigital.co.uk/Digital_Freeview/GDB8.htm

i will find out where you can buy it from
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a new Bush idAdaptor due to be released soon in Argos which is literally just the scart socket (looks a bit like a SCART-> Composite adaptor). If you can't wait the Matsui DTAR10 is tiny (and has DAB too).
  • Options
    freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i saw a gdb5 for 59.99 with dab
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's a new Bush idAdaptor due to be released soon in Argos which is literally just the scart socket (looks a bit like a SCART-> Composite adaptor). If you can't wait the Matsui DTAR10 is tiny (and has DAB too).
    The bush looks like it is a 'TechnoTrend' inside and looks a good spec - the problem may be that it sticks out the back a little further than a SCART and may prevent you having the TV exactly where you want it.
    It appears to have no aerial loop-through so if you have a video recorder it will end up before the STB - which may give reception problems.
    It requires a separate power 'lump' and there is an Infrared eye that you will have to place somwhere visible to operate it via its remote.

Still looks good though if it does the job you want.

The (German) Technotrend is for sale at 90 euros so translates to £60 or thereabouts - it is a 'pan-european' design so it (and the Bush?) is a fully specced STB for use in the UK.

There is a thread on these two STBs with links to specs etc...

"Where can I get a .............................."
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=276243