Options

Bush Digital Tv Adaptor

PaperhousePaperhouse Posts: 1,724
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My wife has just received a catalogue from Studio Cards, and it shows a very small adaptor that fits onto a scart socket. An that's it ~ no set top box ~ the whole thing looks not much bigger than a scart plug. Anyone know anything about it ? Might be useful for a video or dvd recorder. So then one could watch Freeview via a normal set top box and be able to recorder another Freeview channel without the clutter of another set top device.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep, its been mentioned on here quite a bit, is it available now? any screenshots anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lengthy thread about it here...with peoples experiences of it too...seems good by all accounts: http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=276243
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Paperhouse wrote:

Ive got three

one fitted to Plasma

one to a VCR

One to LCD.

all in diferent rooms avoids all thoses extra boxes.

so far very pleased
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    I'mvery pleased with mine apart from one nigling problem.

BBC4/Cbeebies - it keeps saying there is no signal on this (I'm receiving from Waltham, Ch33). All others are showing full strength.

Strangely, if I do a full rescan it finds C33. If I do a manual scan on Ch33 it says 'no channels found' but then BBC4/ CBebbeies/Parliamnet all start working again.

This only happens if I put the box into standby, switch it off, or disconnect the aerial. If I leave it in then the problems does not seem to occur.

I am at a loss as to why this happens but thought I might wait a few days (until after the EPG shuffle) just in case that has some bearing on it. (Anybody else got any idea?)

Otherwise, I'm very pleased with it.

kfv
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kibworthfv wrote:
    I'mvery pleased with mine apart from one nigling problem.

BBC4/Cbeebies - it keeps saying there is no signal on this (I'm receiving from Waltham, Ch33). All others are showing full strength.

Strangely, if I do a full rescan it finds C33. If I do a manual scan on Ch33 it says 'no channels found' but then BBC4/ CBebbeies/Parliamnet all start working again.

This only happens if I put the box into standby, switch it off, or disconnect the aerial. If I leave it in then the problems does not seem to occur.

I am at a loss as to why this happens but thought I might wait a few days (until after the EPG shuffle) just in case that has some bearing on it. (Anybody else got any idea?)

Otherwise, I'm very pleased with it.

kfv

have you reported this to bush?

I had the same problem with one of mine but this had a problem with UK History and sky channels which are carried on analog channel 52 from sutton cold field.
    likewise this only happens if I put the adaptor into standby, switch it off, or disconnect the aerial. If I leave it in then the problems does not seem to occur.

Bush replaced mine without question however the Tv connected to the aeriel from sutton cold field still had this problem but My Panasonic plasma and Sagem DPVR did not so I am now using the adaptor on my Wrekin reception aerial without problems
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    ivrm wrote:
    have you reported this to bush?

I had the same problem with one of mine but this had a problem with UK History and sky channels which are carried on analog channel 52 from sutton cold field.
    likewise this only happens if I put the adaptor into standby, switch it off, or disconnect the aerial. If I leave it in then the problems does not seem to occur.

Bush replaced mine without question however the Tv connected to the aeriel from sutton cold field still had this problem but My Panasonic plasma and Sagem DPVR did not so I am now using the adaptor on my Wrekin reception aerial without problems

I spent ages on the Bush helpline and didn't think I got much sense from Bush. They did ask me what make the tv was because some have interfered with the box, and then suggested that I unplug the box from the mains for a couple of hours, then do a full install. I have to say I was (and remain) sceptical but it has worked so far - although I have only put it into stand-by for about ten minutes (although this was always enough in the past).

I am away for a few days from tomorrow morning and will see what it is like when I get back. I got it from Tesco so there shouldn't be too much trouble swapping it if needed. I find the unit really neat and I would be disappointed if I had to either (a) swap it, as I have already neatly hidden the cables behind the wall, and (b) it looks so nice not having a set top box on top of the tv!

kfv
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kibworthfv wrote:
    I spent ages on the Bush helpline and didn't think I got much sense from Bush. They did ask me what make the tv was because some have interfered with the box, and then suggested that I unplug the box from the mains for a couple of hours, then do a full install. I have to say I was (and remain) sceptical but it has worked so far - although I have only put it into stand-by for about ten minutes (although this was always enough in the past).

I am away for a few days from tomorrow morning and will see what it is like when I get back. I got it from Tesco so there shouldn't be too much trouble swapping it if needed. I find the unit really neat and I would be disappointed if I had to either (a) swap it, as I have already neatly hidden the cables behind the wall, and (b) it looks so nice not having a set top box on top of the tv!

kfv

where did you buy it from ?

I have somewhere the direct line to bush aftersales service I will try to find it.
  • Options
    DSmanDSman Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought one today from Tescos £49.97; works well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    DSman wrote:
    Bought one today from Tescos £49.97; works well.

Tesco Local or online?

If local where about?
  • Options
    DSmanDSman Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ksec wrote:
    Tesco Local or online?

If local where about?
    Local, Bradford, Yorkshire.