Options

Holiday's are Comin'......

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can't be long before my all-time favourite part of the pre-Christmas time happens....

The Coca-Cola "Holiday's are Comin' " ad will be shown very soon.

There is already a thread for the Christmas edition of the Radio Times ....so I offer the question:

What is your most cherished part of the run up to Christmas. The part you have loved for many years. The thing that says to you, Christmas is on it's way?

JC

Comments

• Options
    OcdGirlOcdGirl Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that very same advert!! :eek:

my colleague at work is the same, she loves that advert too and knows Christmas is on its way
  • Options
    OrnsackOrnsack Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That advert (which seems to get worse and more chopped up every year), and the Toys'r'Us adverts (which are also getting worse)

And then the turning of the lights in Bristols city centre (which used to be turned on by a celeb and then there was a firework display, but that no longer happens)

It's not like the old days!
  • Options
    JamfocusJamfocus Posts: 7,024
    Forum Member
    That advert too :D

Is it possible to watch it anywhere online?
  • Options
    Live82005Live82005 Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Ornsack wrote:
    That advert (which seems to get worse and more chopped up every year)

I thought that, just leave it alone! You can't improve on perfection.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamfocus wrote:

I'm sure a quick google would find it!

What about getting the Christmas Double Issue Radio and TV Times and getting the highlighter out!

We've gotta get two copies in our house (or at least on RT and one TVT) just so there is no fighting!!!

Then the spreadsheet comes out and the list is compiled.....

What? It's not that sad, ......is it?

OK, I'll get me coat! :o

JC
  • Options
    paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamfocus wrote:

http://www.coca-cola.co.uk/accessibility-version/articlemm.asp?selectedcat=3&articlenav=3&category=0&subcat=2&section=ENJOY&title=ADVERTS

That's a different Christmas one though.

:)
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tough_ref wrote:

What about getting the Christmas Double Issue Radio and TV Times and getting the highlighter out!

We've gotta get two copies in our house (or at least on RT and one TVT) just so there is no fighting!!!

Then the spreadsheet comes out and the list is compiled.....

What? It's not that sad, ......is it?

OK, I'll get me coat! :o

JC

I used to be like that. Not worth the effort now as there's so little on now worth watching, despite the vast increase in channels. I remember in the not too distant past, when I was still at home, having 4 videos in the house all going at once to tape everything that was on. And catching up on Christmas viewing still at Easter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's called Music Choice on Sky. At the end of November they have Christmas songs. I put that on in the background and it makes feel that Christmas is coming.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Coca- Cola advert is always the first one says to me THIS is christmastime.

And i might be being silly but Harry Potter films coming out always make me think of Christmas, the last one came out in June but i think because the first two were at Christmas and they always have a Christmas sequence in them, they just remind me of it.
  • Options
    paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best Christmas advert has to be Coca Cola.
  • Options
    SlaneSlane Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Coca- Cola advert is always the first one says to me THIS is christmastime.

Although in a strange way it goes out of it's way to avoid saying that. There's no mention of Christmas at all - the world-wide mega-corporation that is Coke would hate to alienate anyone who wasn't Christian by mentioning Christ, hence they just say "Holidays are coming". That way they can include those celebrating Kwanzaa and Hanukkah in their festive grab for the world's money.

I love Christmas, and I like the images and style of the Coke ads, but it's not really about Christmas itself, but global commerciality.

Sorry if that sounds depressing - an early Happy Christmas to all here!
  • Options
    AkilduffAkilduff Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slane wrote:
    Although in a strange way it goes out of it's way to avoid saying that. There's no mention of Christmas at all - the world-wide mega-corporation that is Coke would hate to alienate anyone who wasn't Christian by mentioning Christ, hence they just say "Holidays are coming". That way they can include those celebrating Kwanzaa and Hanukkah in their festive grab for the world's money.

And yet, despite it not saying "Christmas", the ad is just so..... Christmas! :D
  • Options
    OrnsackOrnsack Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably all the CHRISTMAS trees and FATHER CHRISTMAS ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    tough_ref wrote:
    Can't be long before my all-time favourite part of the pre-Christmas time happens....

When that ad is shown for the first time you know Christmas is here !

I thought it was only me who felt like that !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Holidays are coming'.... my arse!

Christmas, Yuletide, Winterval, etc is coming.... holidays are when we go away somewhere
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,657
    Forum Member
    tough_ref wrote:

There is already a thread for the Christmas edition of the Radio Times ....so I offer the question:

What is your most cherished part of the run up to Christmas. The part you have loved for many years. The thing that says to you, Christmas is on it's way?

JC
    I love that advert too. The other essential ingredients are It's a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, and The Snowman. And, of course, The Phil Spector Christmas Album.
  • Options
    blackglovesblackgloves Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh is it Holidays are comin, when i was younger i use to sing 'hundred days are coming'!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Advert's booked in for December 1st...the proper Christmas countdown begins with Coca Cola!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i saw the Coca Cola ad yesterday i think. same music different pictures. the lit up lorries appear at the end of it as usual though