Options

new icon?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
Forum Member
Since yesterday I have noticed a new icon that appears beside programmes recorded off the epg in the list of recorded prgrammes? I have not altered any settings etc on the Humax.....has anyone any idea why this has happened! thanx

Comments

• Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    patto55 wrote:
    Since yesterday I have noticed a new icon that appears beside programmes recorded off the epg in the list of recorded prgrammes? I have not altered any settings etc on the Humax.....has anyone any idea why this has happened! thanx
    What does this new icon look like?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a orange rectangle with a green circle at the bottom left side.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    From the description I think the icon might be the notfification for interrupted/corrupted recording? If I'm right, you'll find you have at best only part of the recording/s you thought you had made.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    patto55 wrote:
    It's a orange rectangle with a green circle at the bottom left side.

Turn to page 35 of your manual.

"Displayed when the recording is stopped because of unexpected error."

This looks pretty similar to the icon you mentioned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Klopek wrote:
    Turn to page 35 of your manual.

"Displayed when the recording is stopped because of unexpected error."

This looks pretty similar to the icon you mentioned.

In my eyes (and I'm not colour blind) this is a 'yellow rectangle with a red no-circle', not what patto55 describes. However, patto55, read my strange problem here http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=359824 and see if you suffered or might suffer something similar...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all your replies but its definately a green circle not red and it looks something like a magnifying glass! :)
    This icon appeared the same time as the bst logo on the i bar. And no I have not had any corrupted recordings ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    I can confirm that the icon is an orange rectangle with a solid green circle overlapping the bottom left hand corner. The Green circle has an orange bar (like a -) in the middle. I had two of them, both on recordings that were being made to finish at 22:00 on the 27/03. The unit "froze" with 21:59 showing.

However, I have watched one of the recordings to it's conclusion (and now deleted it). The other recording has the ending of the program (I checked the bits I want to see) but I am still to watch it in full.

So it seems a variation on the "unexpected error " (maybe it was expecting it :) ). The green circle may mean "recoding finished early, but what was recorded is OK". That would fit with the freeze occuring on the hour (ie. just as 21:59 became 22:00), and the program finishing just before (I don't bother to read the credits/adverts).

New software installed, the unit is now being left on (BBC1), let time pass .....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I did some tidying up from having the problem described here http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=359824 and deleted the 4 Cbeebies entries.

And as I was doing so this mysterious icon you described appeared - the 'orange rectange with the green no-circle on top' - on some of the Cbeebies entries! Then as I continued deleting them a 'Postman Pat' entry appear with the length being some large number and 0mb in size. I continued to delete this but couldn't. This entry was not in the playlist however, so I went back and deleted some more recordings - I think deleting the recording just before this entry got rid of it in the end...

Well now I'm left with three recordings with information that is completely wrong, apart from the name of the recording, all other info: date, time, and channel are all wrong. They seem to play ok though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks to all for their comments the icon is indeed in the manual and it seems to be a recording that has recorded properly but has terminated before the correct end time.
    The programme was a film called "The Others" on BBC2, and having checked the recording it does seem that although the quality is excellent the film appears to have stopped recording about 2-3 mins before the end!
    Why this has happened is a mystery and it is the first time also that it has happened on my 9200.
    Once again thanks for your help!