Options

Error E-OS upgrading to 1.00.06

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
I today tried upgrading from 1.00.04 to 1.00.06. The automatic upgrade option told me that 1.00.06 was available so I tried to install it. The box powers on & off but then gets stuck at the power-up screen reporting error E-OS.

I have to turn the box off from the main switch and it boots up just fine again in 1.00.04. ( tried it a couple of times )

So then I reset all setting back to factory default & now my box tells me no upgrade is available.

Anyone help with this?

( upgrade to 1.00.04 in March went very smoothly )

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Hi Eonel,

The OAD has failed or been corrupted this is why you receive the E-OS error.

The correct procedure is to carry out Default Settings and then download the software again when it is next released. You will have to wait until Friday to get the software (9th - 11th)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks, will try again on Friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Eonel,

The OAD has failed or been corrupted this is why you receive the E-OS error.

The correct procedure is to carry out Default Settings and then download the software again when it is next released. You will have to wait until Friday to get the software (9th - 11th)

Please could you indicate where explanations of the error codes are listed. On the FAQ there are a couple of codes explained, but not a complete list.

Regards
    Guy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I had exactly this problem, but I suspect the problem lies in the antenna power. I have a mast-head amplifier in the loft which is powered by the Humax. Without the amp being powered, I can't get a signal, when it is powered I get a perfect one. My suspicion is that the Humax starts to download the upgrade once you tell it to do the update, and at that point doesn't power the amplifier.

I ended up applying the firmware and loader update manually via a null modem cable.

Max
  • Options
    MeMe Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    max.spicer wrote:
    I ended up applying the firmware and loader update manually via a null modem cable.

Max

If for any reason you can't do this (like you've got a Mac) try to get hold of a power supply for the masthead amp and plug it in temporarily for the update
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    This would probably do the trick. http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp;jsessionid=0H2G5TDSTBXFWCSTHZOCFFA?cId=A331868&ts=89942&id=85614

Max
    Me wrote:
    If for any reason you can't do this (like you've got a Mac) try to get hold of a power supply for the masthead amp and plug it in temporarily for the update