Options

Sky HDTV and Sony KDLS40A12U Problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
Hi there

I wondered if anyone else was having this problem with Sky or this TV set?

Sony KDLS40A12U

When watching Sky through HDMI connection on the above mentioned TV I keep getting drop outs of picture. It lasts about 2 secs and then the picture returns with the details of the channel on the screen.... ie 1080DPI and the channel

I get this about 4 or 5 times a day.

It also seems to happen when I am using Sky+ recording.

Its nothing major but it means that when watching a show it can be a small pain.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Kuffdam wrote:
    Hi there

I wondered if anyone else was having this problem with Sky or this TV set?

Sony KDLS40A12U

When watching Sky through HDMI connection on the above mentioned TV I keep getting drop outs of picture. It lasts about 2 secs and then the picture returns with the details of the channel on the screen.... ie 1080DPI and the channel

Its nothing major but it means that when watching a show it can be a small pain.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Hiya Kuffdam, Very familiar problem i'm afraid...... have a read through this other Thread...

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=382995

Hope it helps..............Dean :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Make sure you contact Sony and alert them to this known problem. The more that do this, the better.

SUK.GeneralCIC@eu.sony.com
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I have a Sony KDLS40A12U with sky+ (HD next week) connected to a Panasonic DVD recorder which in turn is connected via component, and it does this when playing DVD.
    When you swich on the DVD player it automatically goes to AV1, so I change it to AV3 (component), and once the menu screen for the DVD comes up it changes back to AV1!, which means changing back to AV3 simply via the remote. once its playing its fine, so this is not really an issue for me as I think the Bravia's are great, (hopefully I wont be eating my words next week! :o )
    I have had no problems with sky + etc as other people seem to have with this set, so hopefully mine will beOK?
    Is it possibly something to do with the set up?

Have a look at this thread; it may be of some use?
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=417113
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    Harveydog wrote:
    I have a Sony KDLS40A12U with sky+ (HD next week) connected to a Panasonic DVD recorder which in turn is connected via component, and it does this when playing DVD.
    When you swich on the DVD player it automatically goes to AV1, so I change it to AV3 (component), and once the menu screen for the DVD comes up it changes back to AV1!, which means changing back to AV3 simply via the remote. once its playing its fine, so this is not really an issue for me as I think the Bravia's are great, (hopefully I wont be eating my words next week! :o )
    I have had no problems with sky + etc as other people seem to have with this set, so hopefully mine will beOK?
    Is it possibly something to do with the set up?

Have a look at this thread; it may be of some use?
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=417113

Don't be too sure - sky+ connects via scart/component wheras you will want to connect HD box via HDMI for best picture.

If the problem is HDMI specific then you may get problems.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Hey srhill, I was going by this comment:

Theres other posts on this forum with people saying how delighted they are with HD and the Bravias

I'm keeping fingers & toes crossed that everything will be fine!