Options

Nickelodeon Germany to replace MTV2POP!

astra19Eastra19E Posts: 2,554
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It will happen on September 12th this year.
http://www.worldscreen.com/newscurrent.php?filename=mtv407.htm
It is good news that Nickelodeon is launching again, but MTV2POP is a popular channel.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a real shame, I've really enjoyed MTV2 POP recently.

As I see it MTV Germany will be more like MTV UK and USA, Viva will show more German music and Viva Plus will stay more or less the same. :(

Well, I guess being a German channel they can show more German music! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,794
    Forum Member
    They had a german Nickelodeon in the analogue days. Am I right in thinking it was replaced by VH1 Germany, which was replaced by MTV2|Pop, which is about to be replaced by... Nickelodeon again?
  • Options
    Pablo DiabloPablo Diablo Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member
    So will Nickelodeon DE be FTA?
    Unless Viacom launch a Viva style channel that's streamed online, I wont be happy. Although I don't suppose they care about me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite bad news its a shame that they didnt pick viva plus. But theres a advantage way more music on mtv central. But for now, I noticed MTV Central is totaly US focused.

This explains why the ODC went then dance hits and blackhits now its a really basic schedule because they, will not wonna put any more effort into the channel if its over in september, it still manages to be a thousands times better than mtv hits logo.

There goes my 19.2e :(

I dont see why they cant put it on digital or buy a new transponder on analogue german, viewers will be not pleased now if they only have 3 music channels! I will miss it!!!!!!!!!!! just for the euro dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( i wanted to get my analogue box out in the summer for mtv2pop, i wont be bothering now, thats a real shame.

it seems more and more music channels are showing more programmes than playing music which i personally dont like. even vh1 classic has been showing music videos with ballons poping telling u information about parts of each music video which sounds like i have a windows 98 machine playing the underwater screensaver on :D with the noise they make.

I find myself listening to radio channels more than the music channels recently
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTV POP was a really good channel at first but then over the last year it has gone downhill. But thats why! theres no point throwing money at the channel for new shows if its closing in September.

asdigi I wouldnt give up with setting up your analogue set. MTV Central and the VIVA channels are still quite good. It will make a massive difference from the channels on sky. Better than the Emaps on sky what show the same music and what is rap all the time. If you was after the dance dont forget Club Rotation and Klub what are quite good shows.

And if that wasnt it TMF NL goes late April when it switchers to a new encription.

Its a real shame over some crappy kids channel what will not be in english and just aload of voiceover shows.

''We are committed to offering a broad range of programming to German audiences through diverse, complementary channels,"

Yeah right just wonna make all the music american in Germany. And let eurodance die!
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is awful, MTV 2 POP is the main reason why I kept my dish up. Most of the other channels on 19.2E are crap, MTV 2 POP was alot better than any other music channel on 19.2E and 28.2E. Suppose I might as well get my dish moved to another satellite and start watching a new set of channels. Any recommendations on good satellites besides 19.2E?

Paddy :D
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did Nickelodeon German close in the first place? Was it just not getting many viewers?
  • Options
    hedgidjhedgidj Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame, MTV2POP was a good channel. Viva doesn't seem to play as much Dance since the MTV takeover either.

There are more Music channels 'pop-ing' (sorry :o ) up on 19.2 digital and on Hotbird 13 degrees but none play enough proper Dance music. The Italian Dance Channel is too teeny poppy and Club Rotation style Dance and Trance seems to be suffering.

I wonder if european tastes have changed or if it's just the broadcasters doing what they want or giving us(? europeans?) what they think we want.

MTV Dance (UK) on Sky seems to play less and less dance and more and more RnB.

The ORIGINAL analogue FTA Rapture was one of the best with the show 'Trainspotting' but that's now long gone. My analogue 19.2 dish with enhanced LNB stayed up much longer due to that channel and programme. I wonder what happened to the presenters? Anyone Know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rapture will be returning (again) soon, hopefully with another impressive dance playlist like last time. As for their presenters, Lorraine Ashdown does the voice overs on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway and voices some Radio One jingles.

For the time being though, MTV Dance is good from 7pm-6am.

It's a shame about MTV2|Pop as it seems quite popular in the UK, i've seen it on at Alton Towers, in a few pubs and at a bowling alley, although I think that's mainly because it broadcasts on the old MTV UK frequency at 19.2e.
  • Options
    FraserGJFraserGJ Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh poo - wanted to see that...

I hope I get to see it before it goes off air :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I have to tell you,that i amall in your favour.
    I am German myself.I will miss MTV2POP as well,i am German as well,and i think they play the most music.I cant stand VIVA,too many shows,and talk.More or less i think MTV2POP is the same as TMF here.TMF is Netherlands seems to be more advanced though!Its website is:http://www.tfm.nl.
    Nickelodeon for 24 hours?
    Which 6-12 year old watches Rugrats at 3am in the morning?
    But hey,i think there is nothing you can do about it! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tazzygb wrote:

I think they are aiming for the stoned audience at that time. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like im left with no choice unless I want to suffer with MTV Dance might have to buy the ftv dutch TMF card for €100! But its worth it for TMF NL really that and mtvpop is all I seem to watch music wise.

In America they dont like the idea of dance in germany because its stopping rap music being sucessful taking mtv2pop of the air means the end of eurodance.

The best channels never last for ever look at MTV Extra and that dissappeared!

Too because its the old MTV UK frequencey in the old sky days as someone said. If you go to hotels and bars even some clubs you can see mtv2|pop.

Analogue 19.2e means nothing to me if mtv2|pop went off air.

European tastes havnt changed at all dance is still very popular its broadcasters what let the viewers down. And dance is over if mtv2pop goes off air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tazzygb wrote:
    I have to tell you,that i amall in your favour.
    I am German myself.I will miss MTV2POP as well,i am German as well,and i think they play the most music.I cant stand VIVA,too many shows,and talk.More or less i think MTV2POP is the same as TMF here.TMF is Netherlands seems to be more advanced though!Its website is:http://www.tfm.nl.

I know what you mean the TMF NL website is TMF.nl

Just added a few screenshots for those who are intrested:

MTV2POP: http://img117.exs.cx/img117/5427/mtv2popchannelnovember12195840.jpg
    http://img171.exs.cx/img171/2539/copyright2ji.jpg
    http://img171.exs.cx/img171/341/smschat1gz.jpg
    http://img155.exs.cx/img155/5899/smsinfo6pv.jpg
    TMF UK:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/FraserGJ/digitalspy/matchmakerclash.jpg
    TMF NL:
    http://img90.exs.cx/img90/8172/february061204269xz.jpg
    http://img90.exs.cx/img90/4835/tmfdance8rp.jpg
    http://img90.exs.cx/img90/37/tmfplay4ga.jpg
    http://img96.exs.cx/img96/8041/icupnext4hw.jpg
  • Options
    maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Chris E wrote:
    Rapture will be returning (again) soon, hopefully with another impressive dance playlist like last time.

Now where have I heard that before..... :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapture was good in 2000 but it was quite crap this time round with not alot on the playlist and just repeated stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I thought it was good. Where else can you see Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, Paul van Dyke, Svenson and Gielen, Rank 1, Chicane, Robert Miles, Marco V, Delerium, Underworld, Faithless etc back to back on British TV?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it was good for those with 28e but TMF NL showed alot more dance back then. 'Rank1 - Beats at Rank-1 Dotcom' is on the current TMF NL daytime playlist. Whats quite good you always see Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, Paul van Dyke if they have new tracks normally TMF NL is the first to play them. Then you see them half a year later on MTV Dance and on the radio here. What can be quite annoying!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    (I'm from Germany, my English might be not very good)

It's very crazy that you think that the german music stations are better,Germans think that your music stations are much better than ours.

If you want informations about the new German Nickelodeon: www.presse.nick.de
    I'm a big fan of Nickelodeon(I even have an Nickelodeon phorum now), it was my favourite TV station in 1996 and 1998(I haven't watch it in 1995 and 1997 because it wasn't in the bouquet of my cable provider. But now I have a satellite dish :p
    Those who have German cable TV today can't see the full Nickelodeon,for example in Lower Saxony Nickelodeon is only in the cable bouquet from 6am to 1pm.(From 1pm to 6am there is the cable version of the new NBC Germany,if you heard that it will be an movie&series station from September 29th;it also will be available on ASTRA 19.2°East)
    On digital cable TV you have to pay for it but there are not so many programmes,only some PayTV stations,public stations and the commercial stations MTV,NICK,Bloomberg,BBC World,TV5 Europe and TRTint.
    They had a german Nickelodeon in the analogue days. Am I right in thinking it was replaced by VH1 Germany, which was replaced by MTV2|Pop, which is about to be replaced by... Nickelodeon again?

Nickelodeon wasn't replaced by VH1,VH1 and Nickelodeon had a time sharing in 1997 and 1998,after that VH-1 was 24 hours a day 7 days a week on-air,but on an other channel.
    The owner of the old Nickelodeon transponder ist MTV now.
    In 2001 MTV2 Pop replaced VH-1. MTV started MTV2 Pop because they wanted VIVA's viewers.
    In 2004 MTV bought VIVA so they haven't to fight against themselves no more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why did Nickelodeon German close in the first place? Was it just not getting many viewers?

There are two reasons:
    1. The public children's channel"Kinderkanal" took Nickelodeon's cable channels and the ASTRA transponder in the beginning of 1997.
    Nickelodeon had a time sharing with the public French-German culture station"arte"in 1995 and 1996,but then Nickelodeon had to leave the channel because "Kinderkanal" had to be in all cable networks and ASTRA on this channel. So Nickelodeon had to get a new channel.On ASTRA this was no problem,but in the cable networks they had to fight for the channels.
    Since 2003 "arte" and "Kinderkanal" are on two different transponders/cable channels
    2.The boss of the old Nickelodeon made too big promises to Viacom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh,I forgotten:
    Because of 1. they hadn't enough advertising customers so that they hadn't enough money at the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Yes I remember when MTV2POP showed The Dome and alot of other live events but suddenly all of that dissepared and sometimes they moved the MTV2POP logo to the top of the screen. I would of prefered ViVa Plus to stay instead of MTV2POP. But now Viva Plus doesnt have any good themed shows because of the RTL quiz shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    The only reason why you lot enjoy TMF NL is because you don't understand any of the obscene texts that scroll on screen ;)

Truely horrifying sometimes.
  • Options
    mill9mill9 Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is MTV Pop closing or being replaced on the digital platform? I don't use analogue satellite any more. :confused: