Options

It is wonderful to see that Fred and Nella have made up!

It’s also grand that Jamie Lynn has stopped crying and is adjusting to camp life.

The theme of this years series is ‘growth’. 😊

Comments

• Options
    ChoccyPeanutsChoccyPeanuts Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    minxymoo wrote: »
    I think Nellas been taken to one side and warned about the public backlash against her and that's why she suddenly decided to be Fred's mate again.
    owen10 wrote: »
    It’s also grand that Jamie Lynn has stopped crying and is adjusting to camp life.

Sorry. But the only reason why Nella and Fred have made up is because the producers intervened and used a form of mediation to get them to talk. It was nothing to do with them sorting it out themselves
    Can I ask how you both know these things?
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ~V~ wrote: »
    I think Nellas been taken to one side and warned about the public backlash against her and that's why she suddenly decided to be Fred's mate again.

Absolutely.

She almost got whiplash with that change of heart.

So Nella has changed her mind about eating food that Fred has cooked as you dont want to go hungry in a place like that
  • Options
    OrnsackOrnsack Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's mainly because it was a childish arguement to begin with, and children always get over these things quickly when they're hungry etc :D

Sadly for her I think it was such a surreal rant at Fred that I don't think the viewers will get over it quickly, even if she is keeping the peace now
  • Options
    corrienderscorrienders Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 24/11/23 - 09:21 #9

100%

Shame, I like tension and infighting in camp
  • Options
    OrnsackOrnsack Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally disagree. I hate it. There's enough grief out here in the real world without the grim spectacle of other people falling out on IAC as well. But there, I'm guessing your screen name reveals a love of a soap where all they seem to do is argue.

For me the best series of IAC have been those when they've all got on, you see friendships emerging between people you'd never expect to get on and it's a positive experience.

Same. Used to love the tension but we've had a few reality series lately (I'm a Celeb and others like My Mum, Your Dad) where everyone got on for the most part and it was nice winding down on an evening watching people be nice to each other.

I went to bed stressed when Nella kicked off the other night, wondering why I'd subjected myself to watching this show :D
  • Options
    corrienderscorrienders Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally disagree. I hate it. There's enough grief out here in the real world without the grim spectacle of other people falling out on IAC as well. But there, I'm guessing your screen name reveals a love of a soap where all they seem to do is argue.

For me the best series of IAC have been those when they've all got on, you see friendships emerging between people you'd never expect to get on and it's a positive experience.

That is true but I'm not going to lie, I enjoy it when it kicks off.

Nothing to do with my thoughts on the outside world, just find it boring when its all lovey dovey.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,242
    Forum Member

Sorry. But the only reason why Nella and Fred have made up is because the producers intervened and used a form of mediation to get them to talk. It was nothing to do with them sorting it out themselves

How do you know this?
  • Options
    Nate_ThomasNate_Thomas Posts: 9,311
    Forum Member

How do you know this?

Cause if they talked it out we would of been shown it no way did Nella just start being nice again to Fred without them at least talking about it
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,242
    Forum Member

How do you know this?

Cause if they talked it out we would of been shown it no way did Nella just start being nice again to Fred without them at least talking about it

Probably yes, just questioning the absolute certainty with which it was stated.
  • Options
    angel44angel44 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

100% this.......

Camp narratives which have already enjoyed sharp, editorial focus.....(and external media scrutiny) ....don't just resolve themselves and if there is nothing to show in connection with that narrative.....it's a pretty safe bet that production team interference (or advisory) is the REAL REASON why that narrative appears to have just lost all of its former traction.

I think they knew Nella would likely get crucified (by the outside world) if she persisted with her crazy beef against Fred.

"Words have been spoken"..... in my opinion,

• Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~V~ wrote: »

Absolutely.

She almost got whiplash with that change of heart.

So Nella has changed her mind about eating food that Fred has cooked as you dont want to go hungry in a place like that

There’s a huge difference between eating his food and being all over him like an ill-fitting suit.

I believe she feels negatively about her actions (guilt, shame, something else). She doesn’t seem to be that introspective, we didn’t see anyone talking to her or her realising and going to chat to Fred. If those things happened we would have seen. We saw nothing but an extreme about face rather than a natural gradual thaw

All the signs are there that somebody spoke to her off camera. Whether she was told how the public and press have perceived her outburst, we may never know
  • Options
    ChoccyPeanutsChoccyPeanuts Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    edited 24/11/23 - 16:30 #19
    thecowgirl wrote: »
    Nelly suddenly stopped her screaming, became very focused on the task and then appeared as Fred’s best friend. Someone has definitely had a word
    Do you think that ITV may have designs on Nella for This Morning or a new Loose Woman and were worried that she would F it all up?

• Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt. Nella is the type that would quit the moment she thought she was hated.
  • Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »

I doubt. Nella is the type that would quit the moment she thought she was hated.

I’m not so sure. I find her to be extremely belligerent and so it’d be more of an ‘I’ll show those haters’ kind of attitude
  • Options
    RiellyRielly Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How do you know this?

Or it was all planned by Nella to try and get more subscibers to her YT page, so she can ;influence' more people !
  • Options
    FlowesFlowes Posts: 7,017
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »

Not if she’s looking for a tv career…call me cynical but there’s no doubt in my mind a word was had
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    Does anyone really think that fall out was remotely genuine. It was bizarre and arose from nothing but did let us know that there is a lot more conversation going on than we are privy too. There seems so many clearly fabricated conversations going on like Jamie Lynn and Frankie Dettori discussing his career whilst washing the pots. Half the time it feels like production are just 2 feet away filling them in on tidbits and then telling them to go off and talk or argue.
  • Options
    PlanetJayPlanetJay Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone really think that fall out was remotely genuine. It was bizarre and arose from nothing but did let us know that there is a lot more conversation going on than we are privy too. There seems so many clearly fabricated conversations going on like Jamie Lynn and Frankie Dettori discussing his career whilst washing the pots. Half the time it feels like production are just 2 feet away filling them in on tidbits and then telling them to go off and talk or argue.

Oh I well believe its all manipulated, that's ITV for you these days.

I remember when a friend of mine breifly worked on love island many years ago, the show was scripted to within an inch of its life!