Options

2023 SPOILER Thread Week 10 25/11/23 - PLEASE DO NOT REPEAT RESULTS OUTSIDE THIS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So hard to call tonight. Layton and Ellie will surely be final material, but all the others are so equally matched that it is anyone's guess who will be in the DO... It really now is in the public's hands. Not voting for the top of the leaderboard because 'it is a sure thing they are through' could mean a surprise DO.....
  • Options
    westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 25/11/23 - 20:53 #128
    I'm hoping for an Angela vs Nigel dance off - the thought of Layton being in the DO scares me - it would be a complete tragedy if Layton is not a part of Musicals Week
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,412
    Forum Member
    I really liked that rumba - I think it was as Anton said the mix of style - it suited them. I am not a fan of the dance normally, especially when it’s a male celeb!
    I didn’t like the CC at all - I really don’t like wafty dancing.
    Also the first dance of Ellie’s I really didn’t like any of it - was a bit odd to me
    Loved annabel & Jo Jo & Nigel and Katya though I think they may be the dance of couples sadly.

Going to bed soon I think, it’s been a bit of a day. How is everyone else?

Sorry to hear that @Gin&frolick , hope it gets better for you.

I hate to be a party pooper, but why tonight is it the first time that Bobby has really spoken in depth about his Mum. I read recently that he quite often says when asked of her he'll say that he can't really remember her that much as he was so young when she died. But tonight he's saying he can remember when he first thought about her being a star as they showed a picture of them at a book signing. I can get it if he'd had said it earlier, but no he waits until tonight. I'm just confused.
  • Options
    AlmostScorpioAlmostScorpio Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 25/11/23 - 20:42 #130
    Evening all!

What on earth was going on DuWhatTheHeck and his scoring tonight? Tonight's leaderboard was strange and felt producer manipulated at best.

Feel like Angela is toast.
  • Options
    Hot BlondeHot Blonde Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    @davethorp when do we see the results of your poll?
  • Options
    IneptRebelIneptRebel Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Evening all - looking forward to the spoiler more than usual this week as it seems like the first week where it could be very interesting with a potential upset. It feels like it could be Layton v Angela which would be a real shame for me as I enjoy both pairings and wouldn't like to see either of them go. Many thanks to @davethorp @Grols @Juliet007 * who make this thread great every week :smile:

*plus guest mole @scopus from BP week!
  • Options
    AshleyAlvesAshleyAlves Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 25/11/23 - 20:45 #133
    It really could be anyone in the dance off tonight, apart from Ellie. Layton had a lower score than usual and a lot of people online didn’t enjoy his dance, Angela wasn’t great and is at the bottom (although this might make people vote for her more), Annabel higher on the leaderboard but still so close and Nigel is once again near the bottom, although this time he made no mistakes and i’m already seeing people on every social media platform saying he was underscored so he could be ok if people come through and rally for him. Think Bobby will be safe this week, next week will be the true test of his votes with no couples choice.
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Difficult DO to predict tonight. My guess is Angela versus Bobby or Layton.
  • Options
    HalfwayHalfway Posts: 2,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Layton could be in the dance off this week. His outfit didn't suit him, and Nikita looked daft in his green blouse that could have belonged to his Gran. 🙄 It seemed to detract from their dancing.

I also think Annabel could be in the dance off. Why she was dressed to look like a wasp is anyone's guess. 🐝. I do like her, but I think her time may be up.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halfway wrote: »
    I think Layton could be in the dance off this week. His outfit didn't suit him, and Nikita looked daft in his green blouse that could have belonged to his Gran. 🙄 It seemed to detract from their dancing.

I also think Annabel could be in the dance off. Why she was dressed to look like a wasp is anyone's guess. 🐝. I do like her, but I think her time may be up.

It will be Leyton v Angela nailed on.
  • Options
    Pete2174Pete2174 Posts: 21,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Difficult DO to predict tonight. My guess is Angela versus Bobby or Layton.

If that’s the case then sadly I think she’s a gonna.
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It will be Leyton v Angela nailed on.

I agree. Eton Mess on offer here!
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you look at the poll, Annabel is second. I know thats not the be all and end all but she is very popular and I believe she is the only one left who hasn't had some sort of dance experience
  • Options
    RosieRosie Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Layton v Angela in DO.

Really hope Layton goes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »

If you look at the poll, Annabel is second. I know thats not the be all and end all but she is very popular and I believe she is the only one left who hasn't had some sort of dance experience

If you are referring to the poll posted on here i’m not sure that’s a great indicator of a contestants popularity as I think it’s only people on these forums who vote? I do agree that Annabel seems to have a decent backing though, although I do wonder if people might forget to vote for her as she’s quite high on the leaderboard?
  • Options
    lozzer55lozzer55 Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    Layton v Angela Layton out hopefully.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rosie wrote: »
    Layton v Angela in DO.

Really hope Layton goes.

Me too I didn't like their dance tonight
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lozzer55 wrote: »
    Layton v Angela Layton out hopefully.

I would rather he be up against someone who scored more than him as he is likely to be saved up against Angela
  • Options
    GutlessWonderGutlessWonder Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Mrs Checks wrote: »

Mr C’s mum died when he was the same age as Bobby was when Jade passed.

In my experience from watching him and knowing him as well as you can know another human being (Mr C that is, not Bobby!!), there is a particular kind of grief that comes with losing a parent when you’re so young. It is difficult to remember them fully — memories are usually abstract or not fully formed — and your feelings are often an odd mix of your mum feeling like a stranger you didn’t know but also having this huge hole in your heart because you missed out on such a fundamental experience.

I lost my dad not that long ago, but I’m well into adulthood, and it’s something Mr C and I often discuss — how both the grief and emotion and the expectations people have of your feelings are just entirely different in both circumstances.

All of this is a long rambling way of saying I think Bobby saying he doesn’t remember his mum much is his way of telling people politely that he can’t or doesn’t want to discuss it in detail, and especially in his case, it must be very painful for him to know that SO many people have memories and opinions of his mother and he can barely remember her.

I wasn’t massively keen on his dance tonight but I thought the VT was a wonderful tribute for a young man who lost his mother at a very young age and probably is still very confused about that. It’s not an easy situation to be in and I hope anyone on DS who lost a parent at such a young age understands what I’m trying to say here.

Wholeheartedly agree with everything you say here 💔
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Isn't Bobby the only one left without any?
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you are referring to the poll posted on here i’m not sure that’s a great indicator of a contestants popularity as I think it’s only people on these forums who vote? I do agree that Annabel seems to have a decent backing though, although I do wonder if people might forget to vote for her as she’s quite high on the leaderboard?

Not with only 6 left in the show they wont.
  • Options
    cpr13cpr13 Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    First time posting but have been lurking for years. Found the scoring tonight a bit odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I hope not I hope Annabelle and Johannes get to the final and I loved her outfit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not with only 6 left in the show they wont.

We will see 🤷🏻‍♀️ Impossible to predict right now.