Options

2023 SPOILER Thread Week 10 25/11/23 - PLEASE DO NOT REPEAT RESULTS OUTSIDE THIS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    annie_potter1annie_potter1 Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jlk wrote: »
    Could I share 10.51 please? Thank you muchly :)

Who will the bus be rolling in for tonight now Angela R has gone then? Bobby or Nigel would probably be the easiest ones to do it for (Bobby as he was in the B2 last week and Nigel with his Rumba aka dance of death) but I'm a bit worried for Annabel.

I think it'll be Nigel to go tonight
    I don't ever remember (please correct me if I'm wrong) seeing male personality dance a good Rhumba. IMO the only person dancing is usually the woman who if done right can look fabulous while the man just stands swaying from side to side. Maybe Nigel will be different, we'll have wait and see.

Jay, John, Kelvin.

That was as good as any Rhumba I've seen a personality male dance it.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    EPfan wrote: »
    hansue wrote: »
    I see a few people are saying that the PTB want Annabel in the final. I am interested to know why you think that

She is a BBC presenter

I’d love her to be in the dance off with Layton would they really not save him? If the public want Annabel they would save her

Layton is also a BBC actor: Bad Education ;)
  • Options
    MrsGrahamMrsGraham Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halfway wrote: »
    I think Layton could be in the dance off this week. His outfit didn't suit him, and Nikita looked daft in his green blouse that could have belonged to his Gran. 🙄 It seemed to detract from their dancing.

I also think Annabel could be in the dance off. Why she was dressed to look like a wasp is anyone's guess. 🐝. I do like her, but I think her time may be up.

If you look at the poll, Annabel is second. I know thats not the be all and end all but she is very popular and I believe she is the only one left who hasn't had some sort of dance experience

Bobby is the only one left who hasn’t had dance experience. Annabel did ballet to a reasonable standard until she gave it up to concentrate on tennis.
  • Options
    TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    ENTERTAINMENT POLL

Nigel - 6
    Annabel - 5
    Ellie - 4
    Angela - 3
    Bobby -2
    Layton -1

Judges
    Ellie - 6 +4 = 10
    Bobby - 5 + 2 = 7
    Annabel 4 + 5 = 9
    Layton - 3 + 1= 4
    Nigel 2 +6 = 8
    Angela 1 + 3 =4

DO Angela v Layton

• Options
    Lurker101Lurker101 Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people winding themselves up?

They will ALL benefit no matter where they finish, a handsome pay packet, job offers, some will be doing the Tour, some will be going back to what they did before Strictly, elevated profiles for a few of them.

It's just a TV show, relax and get some perspective.

Only one person will win a Glitterball and we know that's going to be Ellie Leach, but it's not the end of the world for everyone else or us watching.
  • Options
    annie_potter1annie_potter1 Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Bobby and Nigel in the DO tonight
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lurker101 wrote: »

They will ALL benefit no matter where they finish, a handsome pay packet, job offers, some will be doing the Tour, some will be going back to what they did before Strictly, elevated profiles for a few of them.

Only one person will win a Glitterball and we know that's going to be Ellie Leach, but it's not the end of the world for everyone else or us watching.

This is true. I always think it wont affect my life in any way whoever wins. Last year I wanted Helen and Gorka to win and was a bit disappointed that Hamza won but after a nights sleep, I got on with my life/
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Angela and Layton in the bottom 2 tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see a few people are saying that the PTB want Annabel in the final. I am interested to know why you think that

I think so after tonight. She scored more than Nigel and Layton FFS. They obviously are gunning for Angela this week. She will go.
  • Options
    GrolsGrols Posts: 312,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    onelegpeg wrote: »
    Grols wrote: »
    OMG just realised didn't get my guess in this week. Illness in the family has meant I haven't been able to get online much. No worries it is what is.

Was underwhelmed this week. Can't say any of them made me think yup that's the winner. Hoping Nigel makes it through. He's been my favourite since day 1.

@onelegpeg Quick give me a time and I'll add you

11.01 or nearest to it

No worries if you can't but thank you do much if you can.

You're on x
  • Options
    plinkiplonkplinkiplonk Posts: 3,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lurker101 wrote: »

... this is your first season of Strictly on DS, isn't it? :D
  • Options
    lozzer55lozzer55 Posts: 335
    Forum Member

Because she started this without any dance experience and she has turned out to be wonderful
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »

I think so after tonight. She scored more than Nigel and Layton FFS. They obviously are gunning for Angela this week. She will go.

The fact is that she simply danced better than they did on the night. That is what its all about.
  • Options
    QuickQuickSlowQuickQuickSlow Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I predict a Layton vs Angela bottom two this week.
  • Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ENTERTAINMENT POLL

Nigel - 6
    Annabel - 5
    Ellie - 4
    Angela - 3
    Bobby -2
    Layton -1

Judges
    Ellie - 6 +4 = 10
    Bobby - 5 + 2 = 7
    Annabel 4 + 5 = 9
    Layton - 3 + 1= 4
    Nigel 2 +6 = 8
    Angela 1 + 3 =4

DO Angela v Layton

But last week at least, the poll on the Strictly spoiler site was totally different with Nigel only in 4th place, unlike on here where he's always in first place.
  • Options
    AshleyAlvesAshleyAlves Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will say I do have a good laugh every week at the “cult of nigel” comments, the people supporting him are no worse than people who are fans of most other contestants so i’m not sure where that narrative comes from 🤣 Thought he did brilliant tonight especially as Rumba is so notoriously difficult, although the singing was a bit off…
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jadebry wrote: »
    EPfan wrote: »

She is a BBC presenter

I’d love her to be in the dance off with Layton would they really not save him? If the public want Annabel they would save her

In fairness I think everyone remaining has links to the BBC? (there’s rumours about Ellie maybe joining Waterloo Road)

Yes if anything now that he's finished filming Casualty Nigel currently doesn't have links.

That said the "BBC" angle comes up every year when at least 50% of the cast tend to have BBC links.
  • Options
    Samantha_IsaacsSamantha_Isaacs Posts: 200,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict a Layton vs Angela bottom two this week.

Me too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hannah wrote: »
    I'd like to see Angela and Layton in the bottom 2 tonight.

They are going to be the bottom 2. I think Bobby will be OK being 2nd in the LB with no ties, and Annabel being 3rd with No ties.
    I would be worried for Nigel, but I think the public will save him.
    Leaving Angela v Layton.

Is this the start of Laytons 3 DO on his way to the final a la Ashley Roberts
  • Options
    Suzanne_steepl1Suzanne_steepl1 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    I agree I think it's going to be Layton vs Angela.
  • Options
    AshleyAlvesAshleyAlves Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ENTERTAINMENT POLL

Nigel - 6
    Annabel - 5
    Ellie - 4
    Angela - 3
    Bobby -2
    Layton -1

Judges
    Ellie - 6 +4 = 10
    Bobby - 5 + 2 = 7
    Annabel 4 + 5 = 9
    Layton - 3 + 1= 4
    Nigel 2 +6 = 8
    Angela 1 + 3 =4

DO Angela v Layton

But last week at least, the poll on the Strictly spoiler site was totally different with Nigel only in 4th place, unlike on here where he's always in first place.

Everyone was fab last week, I think that’s why Nigel was so low in Dave’s poll. From what I can remember he’s pretty consistently polled in the top 3 so will be interesting to see if his slip down last week was just a one off.
  • Options
    lozzer55lozzer55 Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    jlk wrote: »
    Could I share 10.51 please? Thank you muchly :)

Who will the bus be rolling in for tonight now Angela R has gone then? Bobby or Nigel would probably be the easiest ones to do it for (Bobby as he was in the B2 last week and Nigel with his Rumba aka dance of death) but I'm a bit worried for Annabel.

I think it'll be Nigel to go tonight
    I don't ever remember (please correct me if I'm wrong) seeing male personality dance a good Rhumba. IMO the only person dancing is usually the woman who if done right can look fabulous while the man just stands swaying from side to side. Maybe Nigel will be different, we'll have wait and see.

Jay, John, Kelvin.

That was as good as any Rhumba I've seen a personality male dance it.

I loved it
  • Options
    Anne_CameronAnne_Cameron Posts: 4,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well npw that Angela R has departed, they have arbitrarily decided that Annabel is the one being favoured byTPTB. Utter nonsense, of course.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree I think it's going to be Layton vs Angela.

I will be staggered if it isn't.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This happens every year but in the end it works out. I didnt particularly like Layton's dance and the panel agreed very much on what was wrong with it. I dont think Angela did a good CCC but thats a particularly difficult dance so it was a shame that she has had it so late in the competition. How many times in the past has someone had a bad dance and found themselves in the dance off and then gone home. I have watched since series one and it happens alot.