Options

Question Time

Comments

• Options
    Alan51Alan51 Posts: 3,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Spoiler alert…. No one was a fan of the PMs “sick note” policy in the audience today. They devoted almost the first half hour to the topic

I am not surprised, I saw Rishi's speech and it was disgusting how he referred to people unable to work and to make matters worst he completely ignored the fact that the number of people unable to work is at its highest because his party have ran the NHS into the ground.
    Along with this we had the Rwanda policy, both if these are extremely unpopular with the general population so I have no idea why he thinks they will help the Tories get votes, he is clearly deluded and completely out of touch.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,112
    Forum Member
    Alan51 wrote: »
    Spoiler alert…. No one was a fan of the PMs “sick note” policy in the audience today. They devoted almost the first half hour to the topic

I am not surprised, I saw Rishi's speech and it was disgusting how he referred to people unable to work and to make matters worst he completely ignored the fact that the number of people unable to work is at its highest because his party have ran the NHS into the ground.
    Along with this we had the Rwanda policy, both if these are extremely unpopular with the general population so I have no idea why he thinks they will help the Tories get votes, he is clearly deluded and completely out of touch.

It's to try and retain the vote of Reform section of the public, prior to the local elections? If Andy Street and the Tees Side Mayor are not re-elected then it's expected Sunak will be in the doo-doo with his MPs.

Labour announcing their plans now for the railways is probably to do with the local elections.
  • Options
    ***emma******emma*** Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Begrudgingly shall be watching in a bit
    Only because I adored the original question time before it was sanitised and hand gel,Ed and controlled appallingly by the antiques woman
    No discussion needs to be controlled like this
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,242
    Forum Member
    edited 25/04/24 - 22:33 #2430
    Good grief Philp is even more stupid than I thought he was
    He seems rattled tonight, what an ignoramus
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,350
    Forum Member
    Philp is a total muppet. He's arrogant, stupid, he doesn't listen and is out of his depth. A typical Tory these days it seems.
  • Options
    HouseStarkHouseStark Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Victor loves the sound of his own voice dosent he. The audience seem to be lapping him up but I find him a pretentious pr**k and is not the sort of person I would get along with. And shave off that crappy white beard thing ffs it looks ridiculous .
  • Options
    ScrumperScrumper Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to his own.
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,242
    Forum Member
    HouseStark wrote: »
    That Victor loves the sound of his own voice dosent he. The audience seem to be lapping him up but I find him a pretentious pr**k and is not the sort of person I would get along with. And shave off that crappy white beard thing ffs it looks ridiculous .

Highly constructive comments. I found him quite refreshing and talked a lot of sense
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 25/04/24 - 23:08 #2435
    I was not going comment but I am since I could be impacted by the proposed welfare reforms which was the first question. I cannot work due to mental health and autism. How does one get experience when the only way to get the experience is by a job/career?. People entering the workplace could lose money and earn less then they get if on benefits.

Rwanda, nasty policy and what's been left out is that Rwanda had a genocide 30 years ago which was ignored by the international community.

• Options
    Zigzag_WandererZigzag_Wanderer Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Chris, Rwanda & Congo are two different countries (three even).
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 21,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    It's Tottenham this week, I know David Lammy is the constituency MP but he was on just before the Easter break so it may not be him

I'll predict
    Emily Thornberry or Sarah Jones ( Labour)
    Chris Philp (Tory)
    Sarah Olney/Munira Wilson (Lib Dems)
    And please not Kate Andrews or anyone from Tufton Street

Ok here's who we have on Question Time tomorrow

Wes Streeting (Labour)
    Munira Wilson (Lib Dems)
    Chris Philp (Tory)
    Victor Adibowale
    Charles Moore

Not sure how I predicted two of them. Make yourselves comfy, Wes will wipe the floor with Philp,

If you are refering to thunderous applause you were correct
    i4u wrote: »
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    It's Tottenham this week, I know David Lammy is the constituency MP but he was on just before the Easter break so it may not be him

I'll predict
    Emily Thornberry or Sarah Jones ( Labour)
    Chris Philp (Tory)
    Sarah Olney/Munira Wilson (Lib Dems)
    And please not Kate Andrews or anyone from Tufton Street

Ok here's who we have on Question Time tomorrow

Wes Streeting (Labour)
    Munira Wilson (Lib Dems)
    Chris Philp (Tory)
    Victor Adibowale
    Charles Moore

Not sure how I predicted two of them. Make yourselves comfy, Wes will wipe the floor with Philp,

Seems that any QT panel just would not be complete withhout a nasty right wing hack or old Etonian...the BBC ticks both boxes this week with Baron Moore.

Baron Adibowale yet another tick box exercise?

He tried and succeeded to dominate the programme
    Spoiler alert…. No one was a fan of the PMs “sick note” policy in the audience today.
    One chap did put his hand up under fale pretences

• Options
    PaddyKPaddyK Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 26/04/24 - 02:51 #2438
    Philp is a total muppet. He's arrogant, stupid, he doesn't listen and is out of his depth. A typical Tory these days it seems.

https://x.com/adambienkov/status/1783592455889174770?s=46

He’s as thick as 🐷 💩
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This government is done.

A zombie government led by an unelected and out of his depth Prime Minister.

Fishy Soonout just needs to call a General Election and stop holding the country to ransom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 26/04/24 - 05:14 #2440
    https://x.com/otto_english/status/1783591565413249235?s=46

Notice the lack of applause Johnson’s mate “Lord” Moore got for his answer to the Rwanda plan question,I don’t think it’s going to be much of a vote winner for the Tories come election time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good grief Philp is even more stupid than I thought he was
    He seems rattled tonight, what an ignoramus

Only watched the first question so far, Philp seems to think rattling off numbers quickly is the answer.

Philp saying he wouldn't put it in the same way as the questioner but it was Sunak that talked of a 'sick note culture.'

Wordsmith Charles Moore attempted to twist 180 degrees what Victor Adibowale said.

Looked like Philp and Moore knew they were on a loser.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, Chris, Rwanda & Congo are two different countries (three even).

Independent..."Policing Minister asks if Congo is a different country to Rwanda"
    The Telegraph..."Minister ridiculed on Question Time..."
    The Express..."BBC Question Time viewers cringe..."
  • Options
    The Travelling ManThe Travelling Man Posts: 47,469
    Forum Member
    edited 26/04/24 - 07:38 #2443
    Its good to see that no matter what Rishi Sunak does public opinion is very much against him now. These cruel and callous policies used to be vote winners for the nasty party but thankfully the public are finally done with these corrupt and incompetent liars.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 26/04/24 - 07:50 #2444
    Emolga wrote: »
    Its good to see that no matter what Rishi Sunak does public opinion is very much against him now. These cruel and callous policies used to be vote winners for the nasty party but thankfully the public are finally done with these corrupt and incompetent liars.

Sunak could discover a cure for cancer and it still wouldn’t save him,people have just had enough of almost 14 years of a Tory government ,right now the Government is basically a dead man walking.

• Options
    Christopher DChristopher D Posts: 12,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that the minister does not know the difference between Rwanda and DRC says it all. I am against the policy on moral grounds but also how expensive it is.
    I hope Sunak is forced to call an election soon after the local elections which look like they are going to be bad. This looks like 2010 or 1997 to me. A govenment in power too long out of ideas and waiting for defeat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that the minister does not know the difference between Rwanda and DRC says it all. I am against the policy on moral grounds but also how expensive it is.
    I hope Sunak is forced to call an election soon after the local elections which look like they are going to be bad. This looks like 2010 or 1997 to me. A govenment in power too long out of ideas and waiting for defeat.

He could have dropped the Rwanda plan the minute he became PM and it would have been forgotten about after a few days,what a stupid pointless expensive hill to die on.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 26/04/24 - 09:36 #2447
    PaddyK wrote: »

Sunak could discover a cure for cancer and it still wouldn’t save him,people have just had enough of almost 14 years of a Tory government ,right now the Government is basically a dead man walking.

Not a government. A cabal of traitors, grifters, liars, sociopaths and xenophobes enabled by our hopelessly complicit media.

We are a warning to the world now, nothing more.
  • Options
    ShuggieShuggie Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    edited 26/04/24 - 09:26 #2448
    Forever the ‘Chris Philp’ QT moment should be stood up as exemplifying the nadir of the Johnson/Truss/Sunak era and their attempt at the ruination of this country.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If he did discover a cure for cancer, he would make sure it was so expensive that only his greedy, cruel, rich and bigoted mates could afford it.
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Alan51 wrote: »

It's to try and retain the vote of Reform section of the public, prior to the local elections? If Andy Street and the Tees Side Mayor are not re-elected then it's expected Sunak will be in the doo-doo with his MPs.

Labour announcing their plans now for the railways is probably to do with the local elections.

BiB It's what Tories do - party before country, we only had the Brexit referendum because Cameron was frightened of losing votes to UKIP.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

https://x.com/adambienkov/status/1783592455889174770?s=46

He’s as thick as 🐷 💩

That was so embarrassing. No wonder this country is in such a mess.