Options

The Layton Williams & Nikita Kuzmin Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    GhostWarrior123GhostWarrior123 Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be Claudia and Tess… Claudia must have multiple nominations with Traitors and the piano as well. Everything she’s in at the moment is super successful
  • Options
    CorkGirl67CorkGirl67 Posts: 1,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    z9xs6o3iubxe.jpg

Better photo from the Radio Times, just because!

Also, do think Layton got the biggest spread out of the 5 interviewed - not that I'm biased or anything ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CorkGirl67 wrote: »

Better photo from the Radio Times, just because!

Also, do think Layton got the biggest spread out of the 5 interviewed - not that I'm biased or anything ;)

I might just have gone found a copy of the radio times to flick through and look and yeah, strictly / Layton got the nicest article. Lovely photos and really nice interview. And the bit about strictly on the other page is good too - talking about same sex partnerships. I unashamedly got in everyone’s way in M&S while I stood and read it 😁
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised they didn't each get the same amount of coverage, Layton's went over 2 pages!

The strictly bit was really good too and the nice little pic of him and Nikita in cha cha mode :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hairdressers today so sitting around getting excited about cabaret. I’m having a good instagram day as I was flicking through and got adverts for the Layton & Nikita show, and also for the next run of cabaret (with Rhea as Sally). I haven’t had a Layton emcee advert but it means it is out there 💚.
  • Options
    limeinthecoconutlimeinthecoconut Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 09/05/24 - 11:02 #8207
    What Cabaret numbers are you most excited to see Layton perform? I keep thinking that 'I Don't Care Much' will sound gorgeous with his voice. It's perfectly in his range.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited - just booked for the 26th June matinee!!! The first trip anyway ;)

No doubt I will be like a zombie coming home - up at 5am and not back home until 12.30pm that night, but who cares - I'm seeing Layton in Cabaret :)<3
  • Options
    AgathastrictlyAgathastrictly Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    That’s fantastic Cork girl! The adrenaline and excitement will keep you going!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you planning a trip down to see it Agatha?

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Cabaret numbers are you most excited to see Layton perform? I keep thinking that 'I Don't Care Much' will sound gorgeous with his voice. It's perfectly in his range.

Well I’ve been singing two ladies under my breath since the news broke on Tuesday so that, the opening number, um… all of it really!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited - just booked for the 26th June matinee!!! The first trip anyway ;)

No doubt I will be like a zombie coming home - up at 5am and not back home until 12.30pm that night, but who cares - I'm seeing Layton in Cabaret :)<3

Excited for you! That’s a great manic trip - you’ll have a blast!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am humming the opening number very quietly to myself in the office, but looking forward to it all!

Fingers crossed for some interview before he lands on the stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha Ghost, manic being the operative word in that whole sentence :D

It's the old adage of more money than sense - and to think I'm hoping to do it a 2nd time :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Definitely Cork girl, been looking at dates, tickets, it’s so exciting! I’m not sure when, was thinking august but can I wait that long?? His casting is ground breaking and I am so thrilled after all he stands for and supports that he is getting this opportunity. So much content to come it’s fabulous!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People really need to look at the dates Layton isn't performing and stop booking tickets for them shows!!

Replied to 2 on insta, delighted they have tickets, can't wait to see him, but they are the 16th/17th July ;)
    Do they really think he would be doing Cabaret, having done his own 2 shows the day before?????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Crikey wouldn’t you be devastated. Check the dates people!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who has been to the kitkat club before? Do I want good stalls seats or good dress circle? Like… same price for each but which is going to be better for this? I’ve looked at the view from the seat but not sure whether looking down slightly is going to be better? Or better to be on a level with the stage?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who has been to the kitkat club before? Do I want good stalls seats or good dress circle? Like… same price for each but which is going to be better for this? I’ve looked at the view from the seat but not sure whether looking down slightly is going to be better? Or better to be on a level with the stage?

*raises hand* I've been once and picked circle seats purely because I am very short and the rake is better in the circle. If you are tall or average height then I'm sure stalls would be fine. Both areas are fun for the pre-show. We had dancers come up to the circle and perform bits in the aisle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been before but gave a look at the theatremonkey site - think Catherine recommended it when the boys tickets went on sale - and looked at the seat reviews from others who had been.

They gave very good notes in relation to the better ones, so maybe if you want to give a look on there too.

I've gone for stalls the first time, and will probably do the dress circle the next round - hopefully :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am also very short so dress circle it will be I think. Just got to work out when I can make it happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also if you are in a circle seat, don't panic when you see these dangling lights that you think are going to block your view of the stage. They rise up towards the ceiling when the show starts!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh thanks for the tip Lime!!

Go for June @GhostWarrior123, then you can definitely treat yourself again before September :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh thanks for the tip Lime!!

Go for June @GhostWarrior123, then you can definitely treat yourself again before September :)

I’m hoping the 12th!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh you will nearly be the first one of us then, as Els and then myself, are after that - how fabulous!
  • Options
    flimflamflimflam Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie put up a nice story on instagram about Layton being the emcee

also in terms of Bafta questions Layton is listed as a guest here

https://www.bafta.org/media-centre/press-releases/bafta-tv-awards-po-cruises-2024-attendees

Bobby, Motsi, Tess and Claudia are also down as attending