Options

Gizmo to get you Sky Interactive, Box Office in Spain

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
Forum Member
Has anybody heard of a gizmo that can get you the Interactive services on sky and box office events (not the 9v battery scam) I heard there is a product on the market can anybody send me some info on this.

Many thanks
Stevie

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I have heard of the dialler is this similar or is it a different product?

digipaul
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Are you saying that you can get Box Office? what else can the dialler do in terms of interactive? Info much appreciated
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    StevieSpain, there are many gizmos and gadgets on the market, but not heard of anyone that can access interactive on sky, must be a new product.......please can you tell me where you got the info from!!! Thanks Rutter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I first heard of it through a friend of mine, but there was an article in our free paper here in fuengirola, near marbella. I have phoned the company but wanted to know if their are any other companies doing this, and how reliable it is
  • Options
    AVTECHAVTECH Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anybody heard of a gizmo that can get you the Interactive services on sky and box office events (not the 9v battery scam) I heard there is a product on the market can anybody send me some info on this.

Many thanks
    Stevie

I have just had a look around the "dark side "forums where the "naughty boys " and Hexperts hang about, and it looks like these talks of gizmos now circulating among expats in Spain IS YET ANOTHER SCAM, so be careful !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don´t think it is a scam because a friend of a friend has told me that he has seen it working in spain i.e the email through the digibox!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks jim, just phoned damien at skycards his dialler does not do the interactive and at €200 is expensive, anybody else with some suggestions, contacted my friend he said that they are going for €149 approx fully installed with a sky keyboard
  • Options
    AVTECHAVTECH Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don´t think it is a scam because a friend of a friend has told me that he has seen it working in spain i.e the email through the digibox!!!

It may be we are not talking of the same gizmo as an auto-rerouting service (to make sky think the interactive call is originating from UK) is feasible.

Get all the info you can before you part with your hard earned !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    if anybody can find out the name of the company doing this service i will call them and let you know the full crack, are they based in spain?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I run a bookies in Ibiza and Benidorm , I would love this if you can lay off bets like you can back in the UK, keep me posted and try and find the company name spent the last half hour looking on internet can´t find anything must be the best kept secret in spain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just a thought you get free bets back in the Uk could be very interesting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=295&item=5723103122&rd=1&ssPageName=WD4V

Found this on ebay, I know its goes against the grain but I will go direct to them if I can
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am going direct to them now I will let you know the score
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.cabletec.tv/Smartbox.html

Looks good, I will try and find some more info out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Believe it not they are only down the road from me in Marbella, they have invited me down for a demonstration.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    let me know when you have seen it, very very interesting if its the same as the services back in the UK
    rutter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got appointment for 2pm, let you know, but they must be sure about it otherwise why would they advertise? many thanks for finding the info out so quick
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Bought from Cabletec before, very good service and advice, I think this one will be sure thing if they are involved, very interesting product though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, a few questions,

Will it work anywhere else in Europe?

I can already get the interactive stuff (like Sky Sports Extra) without being connected to the phone line. Will this just let me order PPV events?
    What else can it do?

Thanks

gaffer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does not say on the website, but you can assume it does, I think the Smartbox is directed a interactive stuff where you have to be connected to the phone line, things such as, email, UK National Lottery, Sky Bet, Ladbrokes, Prem Plus, Sky Box Office, Adult movies, Shopping and stuff like that. According to their website you get cheap phone calls as well, got to be worth a look just for this. I think somebody is going to their offices today to check it out hope its as good as it sounds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    contacted skycards.net, this Smartbox is NEW, it is not like any other dialler out on the market, it looks really good and for €149 sounds a good deal. I am into telecommunications so i wait with baited breath to see how this works.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Please Make This Thread A Sticky
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    The calls must get to Sky somehow to enable them to use interactive, I have a superdialler 2 purchased from them before, however having tested it for the last hour or so, I cannot access ther other services stated on their website, this is obviously a brand new product
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    And its cheaper according to steviespain, they advertise on their website the super dialler 2 and smartbox what is the difference?