Options

Rude and Ignorant Celebrities

Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone here ever met, or know of someone who has met a celebrity in the flesh and they have been very rude and ignorant to them? Maybe you asked them for an autograph and they told you were to go? Or you encoutered them while at work and they acted like the big I am!

The only celeb I ever met was Paul Daniels, and he was alright. Not overly friendly but aproachable, his wife Debbie was lovely though.

Comments

• Options
    diamondcatdiamondcat Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Answered this on your other thread but again, Michael Winner! I had the misforture to go for an audition for him years ago.

Not only would he not shake my hand (I offered him my mitt but he stared at it very disdainfully. Eventually this huge paw emerged and shook the very tips of my fingers!) but he wasn't interested in my acting credits - only in what my father did and whether it was "important". Note - he had no interest in what my mother did! Obviously, she was irrelevant! He was the most crashing snob and obviously seeking a social leg-up.

I must say, he had a lovely house but he was sat behind this massive desk from which he did not move. Well, some men have big cars as phallic symbols and some men obviously have big desks ...
  • Options
    Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that Micheal Winner used to ask women to sleep with him in order to get parts, of course! Allegedly, It was in the News of The World.
  • Options
    diamondcatdiamondcat Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard that Micheal Winner used to ask women to sleep with him in order to get parts, of course! Allegedly, It was in the News of The World.

Well, he didn't ask me! I wonder if I should be insulted or relieved? On consideration, I'll go with relieved. I might have been squashed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Many years ago, I was (un)lucky enough to have a close friend who knew Edwin Starr quite well, and he took me to meet him backstage. I have never, in my life, met such an arrogant person as he!!

He had this huge chair thing, that was almost throne-like, and he had quite a few women kneeling around him, stroking his hands, his feet, holding his drinks etc, and he obviously expected me to fall at his feet also. When he died, I was surprised to hear how people spoke of him, and I wondered whether he had changed his ways, or whether people were just being "nice" :confused: I personally found him very unpleasant, but that is of course, just my personal opinion.

I also met Johnny Osborne, who by contrast, was the most wonderfully peaceful, gentle, unassuming man that I have ever met. :) A lovely, lovely person! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Britney Spears was very rude years ago when I attempted to meet her. There was only me and my friend outside her hotel and she refused to sign, pose for pics or anything, just walked past without looking at us! We couldn't believe it, it's not like there were loads of people hassling her! Her security's excuse was that she had been at rehearsals all day and was tired... the Doormen of the hotel felt sorry for us and went in to ask them if she could sign something for us as we'd been waiting ages and it was freezing and they gave us a signed pic, but she hadn't even bothered to sign it herself, it was photocopied!! RUDE!
  • Options
    WalfordWillWalfordWill Posts: 6,686
    Forum Member
    Yeh as much as I'm a fan of her, Britney doesn't treat her fans very well. The time she came over for the premiere of her movie Crossroads. She walked right past all her fans who'd been waiting outside in the cold for hours, not even a glance. That was so rude, I looked at it on the news and thought you bitch, you wouldn't be here if it weren't for people like them.

I've never met any celebs really. My Dad met some of the cast of Coronation Street a few months back and he said they were lovely, very down to earth.
  • Options
    NathalieRNathalieR Posts: 16,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparantly Rowena from X Factor was very very rude to my sister (who works for a PR company) at the Party for the film 24 Hour Party People. My sister was kinda assistant to the stars there and Rowena was there because the film is kinda about the Happy Mondays. Anyway she lost her bag and went absoloutely mad at my sister and phoned the company every day for a week saying she was going to get them fired unless they found her bag! She was so awful my sister actually rang Rowena's people to complain!

She was barely famous then either..not that she is now.
  • Options
    ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    NathalieR wrote:
    Apparantly Rowena from X Factor was very very rude to my sister (who works for a PR company) at the Party for the film 24 Hour Party People. My sister was kinda assistant to the stars there and Rowena was there because the film is kinda about the Happy Mondays. Anyway she lost her bag and went absoloutely mad at my sister and phoned the company every day for a week saying she was going to get them fired unless they found her bag! She was so awful my sister actually rang Rowena's people to complain!

She was barely famous then either..not that she is now.

Did you know Rowetta is a DS forum member? Why don't you PM her your lovely story? :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she??

Shall i get my sister on line! It would be a nice little reunion..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NathalieR wrote:
    Is she??

Shall i get my sister on line! It would be a nice little reunion..

Yep, she is, here is her profile. She comes online quite a bit on The X Factor forum. Get your sister on t'internet - they could reminisce about old times :D
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I've only ever met people who've been extremely nice, but they've mainly been old punk rockers who probably don't even count as Z list these days :( But for what it's worth, Captain Sensible, Dave Vanian and Rat Scabies out of The Damned were lovely as what Charlie *forgotten his surname* from the UK Subs.

I did once receive an extremely filthy *Don't bother me you annoying little person* look from Steve McFadden whilst sharing a zebra crossing with him, I think, because I did a double take, I only did that because I thought it was my mate Kenny.

Just remembered! Met Bruno Brookes via work once, not the friendliest person in the world, but I think he could have been a bit upset as he had to reveal his real name was Trevor as part of the thing I had to see him about.

Followed Johnny Depp down Oxford Street once, no idea what his personality was like, but his bum was mighty fine :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister probably wouldnt be too happy that I've divulged her work details in a chat forum so i may keep that one quiet! lets hope Rowetta doesnt visit this thread.

Hi Rowetta (in case she does)!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NathalieR wrote:
    My sister probably wouldnt be too happy that I've divulged her work details in a chat forum so i may keep that one quiet! lets hope Rowetta doesnt visit this thread.

Hi Rowetta (in case she does)!

You creep! :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, i know!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I saw Vanessa Feltz give a talk recently on how she has rebuilt her life. She was very funny and amusing with the audience, all matey and familiar. I had a quick word at the end, saying how much I enjoyed it, and she kept on walking, and was blatantly rude, hardly acknowledging my comment.

As a kiddy, I accidentally walked into an episode of Minder as it was filming in Brent Cross. I innocently asked Dennis Waterman for his autograph, and he explained he was 'filming' in a rather crude manner. My 9-year old ears were very disturbed.

I agree about Paul Daniels and Debbie- saw them at a Spanish airport and they were both charming (Paul did tricks for the kids). Taking into account they were returning early as Paul's father had died, I have great respect for them.
  • Options
    hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met several people as my friend used to be a personal minder for bands. I've always found that the more famous, the nicer the person. Oasis were always very nice, Robbie Williams was too. Michael Barrymore and Diane from Eastenders I've heard locally were very much, "Do you know who I am" Maybe it's down to the amount of talent they have - the more talent, the less need to try and prove themselves.

(Chas & Dave are lovely too!)
  • Options
    Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elton John -- Completley ignored his fans whilst I was on holiday in LA. Just walked right past a load of people shouting his name in disbelief. Kinda rude really, so was his bf.. Match made in heaven.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elton John rude?! Thats shocking!

He seems such a pleasant man as well.

Im only joking btw, what do i know, im just a peasant off the street!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually... no, no one i've met has been rude to my recollection, i've met quite a few too.

I was at the airport once and Neil Morrisey came through the doors and my friend sang Bob the builder.... he didn't look very impressed....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    can i ask why some of you would be fans of britney spears? I'm not meaning this in a rude way, I just would really like to know why people actually like her, it just baffels me :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dreame123 wrote:
    can i ask why some of you would be fans of britney spears? I'm not meaning this in a rude way, I just would really like to know why people actually like her, it just baffels me :confused:

Er...why not? Millions of people around the world are. I happen to like her music, I was a fan of hers when she first started and I was around 16 and i've just grown up liking her. Even though she's not the best singer, she's a good entertainer. Ok, so she's a bit trailer trashy now, but she made some good tunes in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dptcz- im not knocking you for it i'm knocking her, i just really dont understand how she has such die hard fans...Well as for you liking her music, i just have to say that its not her "music", she doesnt write it, she just performs it (she lypsyncs it, so she really just dances coreography (sp). I'm just saying her "good tunes" arnt even hers. But each to there own :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dreame123 wrote:
    dptcz- im not knocking you for it i'm knocking her, i just really dont understand how she has such die hard fans...Well as for you liking her music, i just have to say that its not her "music", she doesnt write it, she just performs it (she lypsyncs it, so she really just dances coreography (sp). I'm just saying her "good tunes" arnt even hers. But each to there own :)

haha, i knew you'd say that bout it not being 'her' music!! a lot of people in the music biz don't write all their own songs, that's why there are songwriters in the business. yeah she was manufactured, yeah she lipsyncs, but hey, I like her stuff. What can I do about it? Start being fans of her songwriters and producers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hey dtpcz, im not gonna lie some of the songs she lypsyncs are catchy. I agree with you that thats why there are songwriters, but some of the singers that dont write their own music, actually CAN sing....All im saying is she should be THANKING all of her fans to no end, because personally I think she is very untalented :D... You can like her all you want, thats your choice! :) I was just wondering
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    Dennis Waterman.
    One of my Aunt's friends went to see My Fair Lady iat Drury Lane, and after the show, there was Dennis swigging back a pint or ten in the pub nearby. One or two people had been over and asked for his autograph, so my Aunts mate went over and said "excuse me, would you mind signing my programme, I loved the show...", he sighed deeply and said, "awlrite, where you from?" She said, "Wolverhampton" and he snidely sneered "well, I spose someones gotta be..." At that point she snatched the programme off him and said, "Dont bother" .......

Still he can always write da feeeeem choooon, sing da feeeemmm choooon........